• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Deathstrike_666

Deathstrike_666

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Hi all

I was just wondering if any of you guys were getting this problem/know how to fix it easily.

Every now and then Hawken crashes because of some failure with PhysX. I have tried re-installing PhysX but to no avail. Also I have only had it crash with Hawken.

Here is the error

Fatal error!

Address = 0x50327d1b (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine\73BE2921551D\APEX_TurbulenceFSCHECKED_x86.dll]

Address = 0x5032c68e (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine\73BE2921551D\APEX_TurbulenceFSCHECKED_x86.dll]
Address = 0x5034c5db (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine\73BE2921551D\APEX_TurbulenceFSCHECKED_x86.dll]
Address = 0x5033a226 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine\73BE2921551D\APEX_TurbulenceFSCHECKED_x86.dll]
Address = 0x5033a1c6 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine\73BE2921551D\APEX_TurbulenceFSCHECKED_x86.dll]

Also I don't want to turn the PhysX setting down because I like my pretty Particles :P

Current drivers
DirectX - 12
NVIDIA Driver - 361.43
PhysX - 9.14.0702

My rig if anyone wants to know :P
CPU - Intel Core i7-4970k @ 4.6GHz
Mobo - AsRock Z97 Extreme 4
Ram - 16GB DDR3 @ 1866
GPU - SLI Gigabyte GTX980ti Xtreme @ 1.22GHz
Monitor - Acer Predator X34 (3440x1440p, 100Hz, ISP, G-sync)

Edited by Deathstrike_666, 18 January 2016 - 04:16 PM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Hey look, people still can't write drivers for Windows 10!

http://forums.evga.c...indPost/2226796

Try that fix.

Otherwise, don't run a x.0 release of a Microsoft product.

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Apparently Hawken doesn't run well with SLI, or so I heard

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Apparently Hawken doesn't run well with SLI, or so I heard

Thats not true at all.  I've ran Hawken in SLI since the closed betas, granted back then it didn't fully support SLI and you didn't notice any substantial improvement by running SLI in the beginning but as soon as Nvidia started pushing out an SLI profile for Hawken in their drivers it has always seemed to work just fine.  I never ran into any problems where I needed to turn SLI off to get anything to work or avoid crashes.  

Also, Deathstrike_666, my guess is that its an issue within Hawken or maybe PhysX.  It seems that after a while something gets corrupted and then it fails.  If it was incompatibility, it wouldn't function at all and would always error out.  The key here is "works for a while then dies".  That could be memory corruption, or just poor cleanup and memory maintenance on Hawkens end, it could also be some sort of incompatibility with Hawken referencing old calls in PhysX, that are no longer supported, since Hawken was created using older versions of PhysX.

I don't think it has anything to do with Drivers, SLI, DirectX 12 or Windows 10.  Purely Hawken and PhysX.

I'm not sure changing the PhysX to CPU bound is going to alleviate the issue as you are describing issues with Hawken crashing and not Windows reporting a "Driver has stopped responding and recovered" error as mentioned in the linked forum.

What I'd do is move the card associated with PhysX, if you have it set to the 2nd card, move it to the main, or vice versa and see if that makes any difference.   I have PhysX set to my 2nd card.  Also, test with lower PhysX settings ingame and see if that still fails, and then test with it off.

Good luck.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

PhysX eats machines.

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users