• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

First off this is my first dabble into Maya as a 3d modeler, so the poly count is pretty low, but i thought id show it. 

http://i.imgur.com/d3Zk6xV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eOZ9PoJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Qpc4Sxo.jpg

Wielding the SA hawkens and the HellfireXT, which is a more sustained and less lock-on version of the standard Hellfires. the G2 Bruiser ability diverts power from its motors to magnetized cavorite in its domes to give it increased defenses at the cost of mobility. This gives it a flat damage reduction of 60% while cutting its movement speed and dodge cooldown, to that of a grenadier for 5 seconds when the defense boost wears off.

As for specific stats(open to balance) i was thinking 

Armor: 590

Fuel Tank: 113 L

Boost Speed: 31m/s (normal)   28m/s (ability)

Fuel Regen: 18.8 L/s

Ground Speed: 17.55m/s (normal)   16.5 (ability)

Air Speed: 35m/s

Radar: 90m

Overheat: 6s

Dodge cooldown: 1.2s (normal)  1.4s (ability)

notes: just suggested intervals for the ability and stats, open to balance.

Edited by JackVandal, 02 February 2016 - 10:46 AM.

• americanbrit14 likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
Interesting idea. Nice polygon job I know that took some time to do. If this was an actual mech in my opinion I'd like to see it a little more beefier looking. Less fat than rocketeer but bigger than the bruiser we already have. Also would like to know your imput into stats for this instead of damage reduction. Armor health. Walk speed. Air speed. Fuel etc.

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

what is that polygon?

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

polygons are the individual shapes used to model, i only have like 4 hours of experience in this so i dont have a lot of them in it in comparison to say the mechs in the game.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

I2DI

I2DI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Why is this not in off-topic? I mean it might be just trolling, but I can't tell for sure.

I simply cease to believe that something is OP just because it's OP.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Interesting idea. Nice polygon job I know that took some time to do. If this was an actual mech in my opinion I'd like to see it a little more beefier looking. Less fat than rocketeer but bigger than the bruiser we already have. Also would like to know your imput into stats for this instead of damage reduction. Armor health. Walk speed. Air speed. Fuel etc.

For the stats, i think an something along the lines of the Crt would work, but with a bit more lean toward armor and fuel tank size. it needs enough armor to make it useful without its ability, but not so much that its unkillable, and the large fuel tank would help it maneuver and keep moving when the ability is up and it needs the fuel to stay alive with the movement speed cut. Im kinda fuzzy about giving actual numbers because that would depend on how balance goes. As to the size of it i was thinking about making it bigger, but i realized i didn't know what the hit box for a b class actually looks like.

-M1lkshake

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

god, if only the normal bruiser ability lasted 5 seconds, it would be awesome, slightly op but awesome.

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
I see. It terms of g2 mechs some already are of that kind to A mechs. Bruiser=rocketeer. Reaper=SS. Infil=grenadier/pred. I'd like to see a g2 tech if anything lol
  • ReversusRex and DemitronPrime like this

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I see. It terms of g2 mechs some already are of that kind to A mechs. Bruiser=rocketeer. Reaper=SS. Infil=grenadier/pred. I'd like to see a g2 tech if anything lol

Hmmm, off the bat idea, C class, ability that gives slow (armor fuser speed?) AoE regen to teammates in range when activated. (and maybe slows internal based regen in enemy mechs, this AoE would have to smaller though) does not stack with others of itself.

The mech would have to be fairly slow, so probably gren movement-speed, with relatively weak damage output so as not to be a sitting duck, but not unstoppable. Perhaps the Redox could stay with a slight damage buff? Secondary is Helix RNA, any ally mech attached to when taking damage siphons off the G2 techs health instead, pilot can be killed by this. alternate mode applies an acidic cavorite mist that applies a slight damage over time debuff to opponents.

• DemitronPrime likes this

-M1lkshake

Sigil_

Sigil_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

god, if only the normal bruiser ability lasted 5 seconds, it would be awesome, slightly op but awesome.

Fun fact: Damage Absorb used to last longer and have a longer cooldown, but it didn't provide as much damage reduction. Pretty sure it was Ascension that changed it to what it is now.

No melee. No lasers.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Fun fact: Damage Absorb used to last longer and have a longer cooldown, but it didn't provide as much damage reduction. Pretty sure it was Ascension that changed it to what it is now.

i think the change was actually for the better (i know a lot of people didn't like ascension) but at the current moment the absorb ability on the bruiser isn't bad, its just requires more timing than most to use effectively. 

-M1lkshake

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I would like to see a Grenadier G2 (mini-nader). Keep the RevGL + there is already a Grenade Launcher V3 (Nade-shotgun) in the back end. Put it on an A or B class.

I'd like to see a bruiser G2 (or rocketeer G2) to bring out the hellfireXT but I think it needs to stay a B or perhaps A class.

I'd like to see something running the Missile Launcher V2. Perhaps put it on the Fred so that people have a reason to play it again.

Unreleased Assets Ref: https://community.pl.../icon_share.png

Edited by 6ixxer, 02 February 2016 - 06:34 PM.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

g2 Tech

Hmmm, off the bat idea, C class, ability that gives slow (armor fuser speed?) AoE regen to teammates in range when activated. (and maybe slows internal based regen in enemy mechs, this AoE would have to smaller though) does not stack with others of itself.

The mech would have to be fairly slow, so probably gren movement-speed, with relatively weak damage output so as not to be a sitting duck, but not unstoppable. Perhaps the Redox could stay with a slight damage buff? Secondary is Helix RNA, any ally mech attached to when taking damage siphons off the G2 techs health instead, pilot can be killed by this. alternate mode applies an acidic cavorite mist that applies a slight damage over time debuff to opponents.

and that has my vote on how it should be done...

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestion, Bruiser, G2, Art?, 3Dmodel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users