9 replies to this topic

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Soo...

I mentioned this briefly on the TS the other day...

Something i have noticed is that everytime i introduce some one to hawken they dont quite figure out how the region selection works...

they end up playing in the wrong place with a high ping...

My idea to solve this...

1 :: remove region selection

2 :: make quing pre ping all servers before quing you and then setting the servers with the lowest ping

3 :: makes que AUTO select the best server for your PING over you MMR

I have a funny feeling alot of oceania players have givin up on the ghost town of our servers and resorted to asia or NA

(or are just unaware of other oceanic players)

the basics of the idea is that quing for a match would find all servers with a below 100 ping, then find the matchs with players and add you to them, no matter what region you are in...

this would of cause mean that most EU players were put with EU players and so forth but also mean that some players from other regions MAY have a low enough ping to balance out the smaller playerbase...

I.E some asian players from places such as Philippines or similar may be able to play on oceanic servers also etc etc etc...

I realize the idea would need some work but i think in the end it COULD work quite well

• EM1O likes this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I have another suggestion to imrpove game. Drop a HUGE patch that would turn hawken into a hit game then a HUGE number of players login at the same time and the problem is solved!

Btw if you can't figure out regions i don't even.. maybe make font HUGE.

• DingdongJR likes this

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
unfortunately we cant currently measure latency from server-player without triggering player joins per each server in the process(ashfire said it somewhere in detail)
  • DemitronPrime likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Dem, I might play some oceanic tonight...

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts
Nah, I get how the regions thing could cause a problem for newbies - especially since it defaults and you can't even change that unless you switch over to the "View Servers" option.
I think it needs a menu reorganization. The "Region" should be the first thing you choose and then have an option to lock in your default intentionally, or have it ask you each time. A "player count" indicator might be even more helpful in determining which region to play.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Indeed...

the basic idea was that we could "refine" this a little...

maybe adding a "ping region" or "ping server" button that allows the player to check their ping to the server IN GAME before connection,

this may help with people finding servers with playable pings...

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
probably just needs to present a list at the beginning and let people know they need to set it, and remind them they can change it with view servers.
  • dorobo and DemitronPrime like this

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

1477761569-capture.jpgCaught you !

Edited by FRX23, 29 October 2016 - 09:21 AM.

• dorobo, LaurenEmily, 6ixxer and 1 other like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

good idea.  i pity noobs that don't understand the region-selection features.  many times i've gotten much better server ping and fps from EU servers, but my default login setup by the game itself, is NA.  if i am unfortunate enough to get plugged into, say, a bots-tdm server in the 668113 to 115 range, i get the old KC servers rubberbanding and <30 fps.  i can see where a noob would insta-dump the game for that.

the setup is it's own worst enemy.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Ping/MMR best average would be preferable.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: suggestion, pingsolving, regions, goodfornoobs, bettermatchs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users