• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Okay, so i was thinking about how old items used to be on a cool-down instead of count, what if an internal/item was available to bring that back. This internal/item would slowly restock any items in the players mech.

Items would still have cool-downs, be the normal time, but with this new internal/item it would regenerate the item over a period of 20 to 30 seconds.(to much? to little?) it shouldn't be fast enough to spam emps or orbs, but still enough to make it worth while.

I think something of this nature should be about 3 slots, that way the player can still use other internals, or if its an item they can use a 2 use item,

I just can't decide if it should be a item or an internal. And should it use assists and kills to restore faster? like the replenisher.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Because there's not enough orb lording?
  • LRod likes this

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

http://hawken.heroku...user/GreyFa1con

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

this idea seems more feaseable to me (noticing GreyFa1cons post) then if the reset timer persist over respawns

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

I like the item idea, where it would fill a slot like item regenerator. 

I was actually just talking about something like this with some folks in TS. We called it the Item Scavenger or some such and it would replace so many items when you got a kill and(?) replace a single item for an assist.

Would really love to get an item like this since it even expresses the tiniest bit of lore, something this game is sorely lacking.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Or we could just go back to item cool-downs and not punish people for being good.

• Merl61 and Kopra like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

i think it would be best if either it becomes a standard feature instead of an internal/item, or not implemented at all, before this, orblord needs to be fixed tho. Just my personal opinion.

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Well i was ideally hoping that the cool-down on how fast an item regenerates would prevent how effective orb lording would be, though this would also be after the next patch so ideally orbing would have received its nerf then.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

a well guarded orb lord turret + regenerating orbs would be a menace in the right hands, or an orb lording van in turret mode with smc(my favorite for close quarter pileups) will greatly increase its lifespan

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

a well guarded orb lord turret + regenerating orbs would be a menace in the right hands, or an orb lording van in turret mode with smc(my favorite for close quarter pileups) will greatly increase its lifespan

this is true, perhaps do away with the assist/kills recharge? make it the flat 20/30 seconds or so? thats not nearly fast enough to keep it alive if its trying to tank. though, its almost impossible to balance for a well coordinated team.

• MechFighter5e3bf9 likes this

-M1lkshake

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

this is true, perhaps do away with the assist/kills recharge? make it the flat 20/30 seconds or so? thats not nearly fast enough to keep it alive if its trying to tank. though, its almost impossible to balance for a well coordinated team.

being unable to stack regeneration from kills/assist would make me unable to vanguard a group no were near as effectively as it is for most matches when im turtling the harder they push the harder i deflect as orbs litter the field and my stacked up regen lasts longer than they take to rejoin the fight i can keep up till they are in shock or my teams all dead and im eventualy overcome

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
As a guy who's not a huge fan of this, (because it could drastically shift the meta if poorly implemented), here's how I'd do it.

4 slot item, 30 second cooldown

Then see how that plays, and tweak it from there.

TRIBES: Developed a server mod with 40 servers, 20 clans, and competitive league play.

PLANETSIDE: Got about 30 suggested changes implemented, and 40,000 game downloads via a 1Mb mini-installer I developed.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

i was thinking have it have the 20 second regen, 3 slots, but wont stack with the item replenisher that cools-down item use, even if its a 4 slot, it shouldnt stack with the use cooldown item,

-M1lkshake

HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Having only so many item uses before needing to die so you can use them again isn't fun. But I do not think going back to item regeneration will fix this, especially with the current "Mark" system and carrying multiples of the same item. I see experienced players easily spacing out their item usage between replenishment cool-downs for near-spamming of powerful items. Sure, the item regeneration cool-down could be even longer, but waiting is no fun either.

Instead, I want to see item replenishment power-ups added to maps. Picking one up replenishes one random item in your load out. The power ups would spawn and respawn from pre-placed pads. Spent power-up pads would have respawn timers on them to assist players in timing new pickups. Item replenishes wouldn't come from downed mechs. Especially with Orb Lord being a thing. I dare not think what something like Item Lording would do to this game.

GreyFa1con

GreyFa1con

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

i was thinking have it have the 20 second regen, 3 slots, but wont stack with the item replenisher that cools-down item use, even if its a 4 slot, it shouldnt stack with the use cooldown item,

I find the best way to release potentially overpowered changes, is to release them underpowered, then see how they play.

Also, MK2 Repair Charge that regens every 20 seconds, would mean you could drop a charge, wait 7 seconds, drop another, and then 13 seconds later, do it all over again. Ad infinitum.

That doesn't sound a little bit overpowered to you?

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

yeah, though i assumed that at the point this was released the orblord would receive its nerf in the same patch if not sooner, even so, a 30 second cooldown would be fine if thats what balance requires, 

-M1lkshake

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: item, internal, suggestion, new, idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users