(Xbox) Offline games

- - - - - Idea Exp

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

• Xbox Members
  • 7 posts

So if you have a Xbox with Hawken and you don't have Xbox Live Gold but you want to play games, well Hawken gives you offline team deathmatch but there is 1 problem you don't gain Experience Points (Exp) or Hawken currency so the only way to gain mechs is by the money and mechs the daily rewards give you; my question is: why can't offline players get any exp or currency? at least give us a 10th the online players get, I think that even the players that play the Online co-op get Exp and lets be honest (most) players make smarter decision that bots so,why cant 1 player fighting 3 dumb bots with 2 dumb bots along its side get exp instead of 3 players fighting 3 bots?

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

So if you have a Xbox with Hawken and you don't have Xbox Live Gold but you want to play games, well Hawken gives you offline team deathmatch but there is 1 problem you don't gain Experience Points (Exp) or Hawken currency so the only way to gain mechs is by the money and mechs the daily rewards give you; my question is: why can't offline players get any exp or currency? at least give us a 10th the online players get, I think that even the players that play the Online co-op get Exp and lets be honest (most) players make smarter decision that bots so,why cant 1 player fighting 3 dumb bots with 2 dumb bots along its side get exp instead of 3 players fighting 3 bots?

Afaik, it's a holdover from PC. On PC, the offline TDM was only really there if you wanted to practice your aim or if your internet was out. It didn't have as important of a purpose as it does on Console. It would be cool if it was replaced with a Co-op TDM style game, but with 5 bots on your side instead of players. The Co-op TDM bots scale to your skill, unlike the offline TDM bots. On PC the XP and HC rewards are reduced(I'd get maybe 900 xpin a good match whereas I would get upwards of 2k if I did that well in a PvP match).

• (Xbox)MustacheLover99 likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

The game was not designed around being played offline. While we'd like to offer the full game to non-XBL gold players, Microsoft has restrictions on all freemium titles.

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

• Xbox Members
  • 7 posts

The game was not designed around being played offline. While we'd like to offer the full game to non-XBL gold players, Microsoft has restrictions on all freemium titles.

That is why I said to give us a 10th of the rewards, even a 100th of the rewards could work, even if the game was not designed to be played offline players would get a massive downgrade from what gold players get, if you think that Microsoft would not like that a game has done this and has not gotten any consequences: World Of Tanks 

Edited by (Xbox)MustacheLover99, 10 May 2017 - 09:39 AM.

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
Offline players don't generate revenue. Why would they cater to a group of players that can offer them nothing in return?

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

(Xbox)CosmicCasey59

(Xbox)CosmicCasey59

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 48 posts
They would have to put a purchase price on the game itself. I like Free, I play this more than any game I've purchased so far.
  • Bergwein likes this

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

• Xbox Members
  • 7 posts

Offline players don't generate revenue. Why would they cater to a group of players that can offer them nothing in return?

I made this post in hopes of getting noticed by the devs (which I did)

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

• Xbox Members
  • 7 posts

They would have to put a purchase price on the game itself. I like Free, I play this more than any game I've purchased so far.

Hmm looks like you didn't read my reply to the devs, another game has done this and Microsoft was fine with it (reducing the reward drastically to offline players to where you have to put in a lot more effort and time than online players to get the same amount of reward)

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Hmm looks like you didn't read my reply to the devs, another game has done this and Microsoft was fine with it (reducing the reward drastically to offline players to where you have to put in a lot more effort and time than online players to get the same amount of reward)

Wargaming's global revenue is also four orders of magnitude more than Reloaded's.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

offline team deathmatch but there is 1 problem you don't gain Experience Points (Exp) or Hawken currency

Like offline without internet?
Experience and HC gains must be sync'd with the server; ie can't be done without internet.
As per C05 comment 'not designed to be played offline'.

If you have internet but are playing botsTDM then it would be a business decision to limit these gains.
  • (Xbox)CosmicCasey59 likes this

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

• Xbox Members
  • 7 posts

Wargaming's global revenue is also four orders of magnitude more than Reloaded's.

But wargaming has had 4 popular games (World of tanks,world of tanks blitz, world of warplanes and world of warplanes) and reloaded has only had 1 (well that's how many I know they had)

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

• Xbox Members
  • 7 posts

Like offline without internet?
Experience and HC gains must be sync'd with the server; ie can't be done without internet.
As per C05 comment 'not designed to be played offline'.

If you have internet but are playing botsTDM then it would be a business decision to limit these gains

I did mean botsTDM and the business decision I think would be mostly good

+Offline players get HC but not as much as online players

+Offline players praise hawken for the decision

+Offline players get their favorite mechs

+-Online players either hate hawken for this and think only gold players should get currency or online players enjoy that all players are benefiting

-Microsoft does not like the decision contacts hawken devs to reverse this(highly unlikely since WOT has done this and Microsoft was fine with it and also WOT gives the players premium accounts to all players on special events even though they don't have gold or pay(not saying that hawken should do this, I'm saying that WOT got away with more things))

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
The problem is cost/benefit ratios and the cost to Reloaded for developing that probanly wouldn't be returned to them in benefit. Thusly, they will more than likely focus their attention elsewhere. It's not that people think your suggestion is bad but we aren't going to dilute you with false hope
  • (Xbox)CosmicCasey59 likes this

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

(Xbox)MustacheLover99

• Xbox Members
  • 7 posts

The problem is cost/benefit ratios and the cost to Reloaded for developing that probanly wouldn't be returned to them in benefit. Thusly, they will more than likely focus their attention elsewhere. It's not that people think your suggestion is bad but we aren't going to dilute you with false hope

I understand, I just wanted to give the devs an idea for the future and idea to consider if they are willing to take a risk (I'm trying so hard not to correct your grammar)

Edited by (Xbox)MustacheLover99, 11 May 2017 - 09:19 AM.

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
AmIdoinitritenow?
  • Amidatelion and (Xbox)CosmicCasey59 like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

AmIdoinitritenow?

you're

• 6ixxer and (Xbox)x KiRK707 like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I'd rather pay $60 for a game and have it be such that the process of gaining new mechs, weapons, items, paints, etc. was a fair, balanced, achievable by working a reasonable amount of time for it deal where there is absolutely nothing, not one single thing, in the game that is in any way superior to another.

Freemium gaming always displays easily identifiable model of Pay-to-Win and makes a game even more susceptible to bad development decisions, poor market performance and failure.  And when players are willing to dump tons of money into a games microtransaction system, THAT ends up becoming the focus of developers.  A perfect example of this is Rocket League.  It started out as a super cool, super fun little game at a reasonable price - with affordable DLC and a steady stream of new content like maps and cosmetics that had no impact on the game and gave no advantages.  The devs of RL got greedy and introduced a "crate and key" system, started up a trading system, then began putting ridiculously wild looking and rare cosmetics, as well as new (and better) cars inside the crates... and now the game is a wasteland of two types of players: 1. e-sports obsessed pros 2. trading junkies (who are all trying to scam each other).  However, nothing is ever done to address major problems in the casual game, new arenas are nothing more than reskins of other existing arenas (sound familiar) and matchmaking and server performance are a disaster (also with nothing being done to address them).  The developers are making bank... but the people who originally paid full price for the game, bought the original DLC and just wanted to have a good time are all leaving the game because it's not fun anymore.

My point just got pretty far off topic, so I'll stop.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

(Xbox)CosmicCasey59

(Xbox)CosmicCasey59

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 48 posts
That's more better

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
$60 is a big hurdle for new players.
That said, ive invested over 100 and would probably add more.
Casual players might feel like the game is not worth that much and want a way to pay less.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

$60 was just an example based on how much regular games cost these days.  If I were talking specifically about Hawken... if it was brand new, I'd ask for $29.99.  As it's been around for so long, I'd say that $15- $20 is about right for what you get.  If there wasn't a microtransaction model in place, I might add an additional amount to that.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Idea, Exp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users