8 replies to this topic

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Blah

I was just reading another post and an idea hit me....

kinda hurt but im ok, thanks for asking ;)

WEAPON :::

M-GL-M6   ( Mini Grenade launcher Mirv )

Using a similar model style to that of the Rev-GL

I propose.

Single Click--> fires 1-2 SMALLER Grenades ( smaller in size and damge )

Charged Click --> Fires 6 SMALLER nades in a Mirv style cluster ( still lobbed )

The idea is basically probibly best described as the love child of a GL and a KLA...

I realize that if it was not executed PROPERLY this could be a bad idea BUT...

IF it was done right, the M-GL-m6 would be alot of fun without be broken.

Single Click Lands Directly --- 30 Damage

Single Click Lands Splash --- 20-25 Damage

Lobbing a Mirv of Mini Grens... 2 of 6 impact -- 40-50 damage.

Lobbing a Mirv of Mini Grens... 6 of 6 impact -- 140-150 damage.

• DeeRax, KaBLoS and asipo like this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Wouldnt want me to have my weapon of mass destruction huh odin....

dont blame you... xD

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I dig it, actually. I'd be happy even if it JUST had the secondary mode. No manual detonation or anything. Or maybe, it would, that would make them an AWESOME anti-air weapon, but prolly OP.

Carpet bomb an area with a cluster of grenades that are individually weak, but catch someone with most or all of them...
I'm actually imagining something more akin to the 'grenade' mode of the KLA, except 6 smaller versions that fire simultaneously. Similar damage to the MIRV mode of the KLA, but spread out between the 6. Give it more of an arc than the KLA, and a little bit of random spread, to give it more long-range functionality. I also like the idea of the bombs bouncing once before quickly exploding (Shorter time to detonate than the REV-GL). It should have a fairly long reload time, maybe.

Dunno if anyone has ever played the goofy Earth Defense Force games (They are shitty but a lot of fun), but I'm thinking of some of the grenade launchers from that series (Particularly the "Stampede," for those who know what I'm talking about).

Edited by (TDM) DeeRax, 09 May 2016 - 05:26 PM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I dig it, actually. I'd be happy even if it JUST had the secondary mode. No manual detonation or anything. Or maybe, it would, that would make them an AWESOME anti-air weapon, but prolly OP.

Carpet bomb an area with a cluster of grenades that are individually weak, but catch someone with most or all of them...
I'm actually imagining something more akin to the 'grenade' mode of the KLA, except 6 smaller versions that fire simultaneously. Similar damage to the MIRV mode of the KLA, but spread out between the 6. Give it more of an arc than the KLA, and a little bit of random spread, to give it more long-range functionality. I also like the idea of the bombs bouncing once before quickly exploding (Shorter time to detonate than the REV-GL). It should have a fairly long reload time, maybe.

Dunno if anyone has ever played the goofy Earth Defense Force games (They are shitty but a lot of fun), but I'm thinking of some of the grenade launchers from that series (Particularly the "Stampede," for those who know what I'm talking about).

this is almost excatly how I see it tbh....

Im thinking secondary with KLA reload, no manual det, as you said, that would be a little op.. the idea was they explode on impact, be it mech or static object, but having them on maybe a similar det time to the EOC pucks? giving it a "slight" trap mode but not too much...

2s reload, single shot is kinda like a scratch, Full Mirv Connection is painfull, the "splash" damage stat i listed above would be the det damage if you ran past one sitting on the ground as it detonated. that would mean as an example, you fire full set into corridor of origin, mech runs over gets 6x20-25 dmage, just a little LESS THAN FULL PRED TRAP...

slow reload + lob aim with no det would make it a rather difficult weapon to master/use for some people, pilots that did kinda understand it and use it well would have similar burst to pred....

I honestly 100% believe this would be a nice "hawken fitted" secondary weapon... it beats a damn grapple sword thats for sure

Edited by DemitronPrime, 09 May 2016 - 06:14 PM.

• DeeRax and asipo like this

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

another small point...

nade Spread... It would be rather unpredictable of cause because the small nades could bounce off things etc etc... this would make landing a FULL set very satisfying

• DeeRax likes this

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
i had no idea its a secondary weapon until you mention it on the 3rd post

anyway, i like the idea and it seems to fit well for hawken (as you claim)

• DeeRax and DemitronPrime like this

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

the less hitscan weapons the better

Edited by dorobo, 10 May 2016 - 05:58 AM.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

the less hitscan weapons the better

i think all things in balance, hitscan has its moments... much  like i think this secondary would

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Nador, GG, Idea, Concept

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users