• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

So I'm not sure if this was ever posted along time ago or what, or if anyone else experiences the same problem. Those that normally play against me know I'm SS, now when I play I have to be careful getting the lastkill cause Ill error out if I get the last kill being SCOPED IN on my SS. My hawken shuts down and so does my stream on twitch..then takes a bit to restart back up. Is there a way to fix this and does anyone else have this problem?

• CraftyDus likes this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

I have also had this problem. No solution as of yet.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I've tested this and it hasn't crashed once, so I'm not sure what it is related to.

Spoiler

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
All I know is it happens to a selective few but not everyone. Would be interested in knowing if anyone at all in EU experienced this yet or is if this is just a NA Region error on the server side

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

I've tested this and it hasn't crashed once, so I'm not sure what it is related to.

try doing it when score is like 39-(w.e) and scope in getting last kill in a regular pun match

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

I have had this happen to me as well, only once though

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

This actually happened to me in a bot match the other day, never had that issue before.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

if u do last kill on scope ur game will crash , its a bug .so dont do it again SantaRita :) 

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I'm playing on EU servers and it happened on amsterdam aswell as frankfurt servers.

Just try to remember not to scope when score is around 39/xx.

Doesn't make much difference anyways. As long as it isn't like 39/39.

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

It's happened to me once on Last Eco.

My guess is the client doesn't like it when you're scoped in after the match ends, which is likely due to some bug that conflicts with the kill cam.

Edited by Draigun, 05 February 2016 - 11:32 PM.

TpsOr7F.png

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

does it apply on reaper too?

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

does it apply on reaper too?

hasnt happened to me on reaper yet so not use, i use amsar reaper not slug

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I've experienced it a few times on Reaper, but that was a long time ago.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

my guess is upscoping spawns a  kActor in some meters down range or at the target surface itself (it would make computing both barrels trajectory easy so SS can actualy focus at a single target and not only two and mabey end round spec cam is unable to assess the player state of a scoped player to descide if it should go killcam or not (idea came from fact end round cams sometimes are empty when players die after timesup

i would check the ss scope code and be sure it activates a valid player state or that the kActor  belonging to the scope actualy has valid variables of player state

someone can do a sort of test by getting final kill with ss scoped whilst not only standing still but walking/jumping as either of these do change players state to walking/falling so im hoping it willl apply the states to the scope kactor aswell (my suspicion of invalid state is from bugs i had designing unreal maps before where player input initiated propper states and i had to learn to do it programaticaly cuz otherwise no volume was initialising the variables/states unless they physicaly walked through a volume

another idea, code hates talking to actors/players too far away so perhaps testing if level streaming and view distance has an effect, try final kill with crosshair directly center torso of an enemy very close, you know how close by seeing if both barrels make trails right on the torso and none miss

now repeat same test above if no crash yet only now target must be very far away, i mean very far so far if you unscope that view clipping obscures target

sorry for my lack of pretty with words but if your interested or need clarification on anything i said id like to help

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 08 February 2016 - 07:13 AM.

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

my guess is upscoping spawns a  kActor in some meters down range or at the target surface itself (it would make computing both barrels trajectory easy so SS can actualy focus at a single target and not only two and mabey end round spec cam is unable to assess the player state of a scoped player to descide if it should go killcam or not (idea came from fact end round cams sometimes are empty when players die after timesup

i would check the ss scope code and be sure it activates a valid player state or that the kActor  belonging to the scope actualy has valid variables of player state

someone can do a sort of test by getting final kill with ss scoped whilst not only standing still but walking/jumping as either of these do change players state to walking/falling so im hoping it willl apply the states to the scope kactor aswell (my suspicion of invalid state is from bugs i had designing unreal maps before where player input initiated propper states and i had to learn to do it programaticaly cuz otherwise no volume was initialising the variables/states unless they physicaly walked through a volume

another idea, code hates talking to actors/players too far away so perhaps testing if level streaming and view distance has an effect, try final kill with crosshair directly center torso of an enemy very close, you know how close by seeing if both barrels make trails right on the torso and none miss

now repeat same test above if no crash yet only now target must be very far away, i mean very far so far if you unscope that view clipping obscures target

sorry for my lack of pretty with words but if your interested or need clarification on anything i said id like to help

interesting statement, although im sure you know the aim that I have with the games you been in with me. both crosshair shots hit no matter what, even if they arent directly aligned. nonetheless though its just a bug. Since its not only me getting these errors im just concerned as of now  because now its just more frequently as if..the bug itself got worse because idk if anyone ever reported it before. Dont know myself if a bug can get worse but yea..now its just a big problem and would cause fear in getting a Win or losing a spot in a match because if high mmr. cant just join games have to Que it up and then sometimes cant end up bak in same game. its a hassle..

• MechFighter5e3bf9 likes this

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

hmm ill test that asap i was almost sure my arm frequently wastes a shot when i nudge too close to a wall

but i know they did alot of changes to the ss, im betting that they stripped out the tracefire per barrel using the remote kactor i mentioned to get barrels aimed right center, and kept the functionality to use client side only for the bullet visual

and a simple center tracefire is all thats needed to "replicate" the kactor/barrels routine to everyone else, that reduces net overhead by alot and also greatly improves accuracy (replication means distrobution) man1 shouts, man1 client told server he shouted, and server told everyone else man1 shouted, hence replication

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 08 February 2016 - 05:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users