- - - - - cockpit hud update

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

ZYOV

ZYOV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hello, probably someone has already proposed, but: It would be nice the new update allow switch between the old and new cockpit/HUD.

Thanks for your time and sorry for my bad english. :thumbsup:

Edit: By the way, I mean only inside of the mech, literally, no that ugly radar for example haha.

Edited by ZYOV, 26 February 2016 - 04:14 PM.

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

somewhat on topic. Is the old hud still even in the files?

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Althoug the pre-alpha cockpit code must be somewhere stored within some backup support and safe... the former devs tossed it out mainly due to its high consumption of game ticks, thing which was directly causing graphical lag in the game at that time. Nevertheless, seems to be that they never tried to optimize it... Enough HAWKEN archaeology =)

I'm one of those who believe in that bringing back one fully integrated cockpit would be a blast in many ways, all of these positive; IMHO.. Crossing fingers here now

Edited by The_Silencer, 26 February 2016 - 02:03 PM.

• Flight1ess likes this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Flight1ess

Flight1ess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

giphy.gif

I AGREE

Edited by Flight1ess, 26 February 2016 - 02:55 PM.

Life is like a good book,

It makes more sense as you get into it ;D

tumblr_m91v02mYjw1qhnj8eo4_r2_500.gif

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Are the devs even still here? havent heard from em in a while...

Ladytiggs has been active recently , but capnjosh hasnt posted anything since two days after christmas, I mean, I assume its because he has been working hard on the game, but even though the devs reassured us that they werent worried about hawken going down the drain, its hard not to resort to something like that for me because IMO it feels like its been pretty quiet as far as progression on hawken goes.

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

This has been discussed multiple times.

The old hud was a resource hog, was distracting, was difficult to read in active combat(especially the fuel gauge), and took up a good deal of screen space. There is nothing to gain from having it back. Leave it dead.

• kaiserschmarrn_ likes this

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Althoug the pre-alpha cockpit code must be somewhere stored within some backup support and safe... the former devs tossed it out mainly due to its high consumption of game ticks, thing which was directly causing graphical lag in the game at that time. Nevertheless, seems to be that they never tried to optimize it... Enough HAWKEN archaeology =)

I'm one of those who believe in that bringing back one fully integrated cockpit would be a blast in many ways, all of these positive; IMHO.. Crossing fingers here now

IIRC, one of ADH's devs stated that the old code wasn't around any more.  I'd love to be wrong on this tho.

The old hud was a resource hog, was distracting, was difficult to read in active combat(especially the fuel gauge), and took up a good deal of screen space. There is nothing to gain from having it back. Leave it dead.

Disagree.  I prefer the old HUD design and would switch to it if it was available.

• -Tj- likes this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

somewhat on topic. Is the old hud still even in the files?

Yes it is AFAIK but it is incompatible with the current version as ADH have changed the code to create a new HUD which doesn't require as much resources so low-end computers can run Hawken. 

So to conclude: They screwed the old, good HUD with an ugly, bad HUD so low-end rigs can run Hawken better. Instead of just upgrading the computer once for like 100 bucks - no let's just downgrade our beautiful game and waste time and resources on something so unimportant. 

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

If the old HUD code is compatible or not, buggy or not, non-optimized or not and so forth... the point would be to have it somewhere available for, at least, consultation or reference.. even if it's just for curiosity. Anyway, it's gonna be always a good thing having at hand old backups in case that.. well.. one never knows. ;)

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cockpit, hud, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users