• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

M1lkshake

M1lkshake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Congratulations to the top three teams in yesterday's cup: Nudisto Beach in first place, Midwestern Blasphemy in second place, and Kneel to Odin in third. Each team won a fat pack of simulator games, and several TPG Hawken twitch viewers were awarded more simulators as raffle prizes. A special shoutout to Dermax's team, the Automoms, for crossing the pond to play with us; they took fourth place, playing with 120+ ping on a Chicago server.

All in all, we thank the participants and viewers for another successful cup. The new Swiss-system gave all the participating teams five matches to play (a more even spread than last cup's double elimination format), and we saw more even matchups as the cup progressed. The total runtime was around 7 hours, including the semifinal and final matches. We thank the players for being our guinea pigs this cup, and we welcome your feedback in future threads.

The shoutcast was run again by Xacius and Nept, which held around 40 viewers at its height.

A big thank you goes out to Crafty, who provided our top three rewards, and the rest of the TPG admins, for making this second cup happen. As always, we thank the players for providing everyone with some high-quality entertainment, and our viewers for cheering them on. Working with such punctual (*COUGH*Counterlogic*COUGH*) and well-behaved contestants made my job very easy.

Of course, let's not get carried away and forget to thank the most important person of all, me, for all of this. Man, what a swell guy I am.

If you missed it, you can find the twitch recording here.

• Draigun, DerMax, Nept and 10 others like this

"How do you avoid these cognitive biases? First, be aware of them. Recognize that we're all susceptible. Second, reconsider your first instinct whenever you've performed poorly. Often, these first thoughts revolve around preserving self-esteem and distancing yourself from responsibility. Always consider poor performances your fault, as that places them within your realm of control." - Nept

The Automatic Mustangs

TPG Master Thread <-- Interested in competitive Hawken? See here.

Credit for the Automatic Mustang logo goes to Breadeffect.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Working with such punctual (*COUGH*Counterlogic*COUGH*) and well-behaved contestants made my job very easy.\

Divas.

• Draigun, Nept, Luaq and 3 others like this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

We look forward to the next Cup, hopefully on an NJ server :)

• Draigun, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 2 others like this

CounterlogicMan

CounterlogicMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

The Youtube channel will be updated with the matches by the end of the week.

Working with such punctual (*COUGH*Counterlogic*COUGH*) and well-behaved contestants made my job very easy.

Divas.

Draigun and Peacecraft had trouble providing me with my contractually required bowl of exactly 152.5 red skittles. 

In all seriousness, sorry for holding things up!

Edited by CounterlogicMan, 01 March 2016 - 12:02 PM.

Axe-Attack Check us out! Stream I stream spasmodically.

TPG Hawken Admin.

TPG 3 has concluded! If you are interested in participating in TPG Season 4 gather a group and form a team or try and join an existing team! Stay tuned to the forums for updates on the details of TPG Season 4.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
What if we tried hard but came in dead last? HBB wants some consolation prize boots to match her gown of salty. What do you got for the biggest losers of the tourney ??? ;)
  • Luaq likes this

wmmoney.png

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

I thought a little 100 MC for all participants that play till the end would encourage players to join and make the tournament even bigger and more even the more players join and play.

I know that's a bit much maybe. 50 MC?

Just to say that people continue participating and have a little cookie to keep them going each tournaments. In the end if you play 5 tournaments you kindda get a little but enough MC to buy yourslef a little something :)

(But I play regardless, I thank you all already for the generous time you spend in doing this!!! It's pretty much what keeps my flame going for hawken because pubs.... well.... pubs..)

Edited by Luaq, 01 March 2016 - 04:00 PM.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
I was kidding about HBB's gown needing boots ;) but Ive always found a last place prize keeps things interesting and since we keep detailed video evidence of the matches it would be easy to see if anyone rolled over to play dead - and thus disqualifying themselves. I'm here to say ASP didn't throw anything !! ;)

wmmoney.png

HoneyBoomBoom

HoneyBoomBoom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

I was kidding about HBB's gown needing boots ;) but Ive always found a last place prize keeps things interesting and since we keep detailed video evidence of the matches it would be easy to see if anyone rolled over to play dead - and thus disqualifying themselves. I'm here to say ASP didn't throw anything !! ;)

We especially didn't throw anything that dealt damage to anyone else! <3

• Nept and WmMoneyFrmMissouri like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users