• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I was in a quiet DM the other night chatting with the only other player.
I squashed a lamp. Its family was watching, so I had to squash them too (never leave witnesses)
I pushed a truck around for a while.

Now I want a mode where the aim is mech soccer with a very difficult to destroy 'truck' for want of a better word.
Map designed with kinda symmetrical 'field' and you need to push the truck into collection area while fighting. Perhaps there could be several in a centre location and you fight over them, like that kids game where you steal 'eggs'.

There have been suggestions for mech CaptureTheFlag/football/Gridiron where there is a ball/flag carrier but I think using a dedicated object that you need to shove around is slightly different and could be interesting.
  • DeeRax likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I've played this before, while sitting. On frontline there are these tents that are indestructible. So I kicked one across the map, from Red Spawn to Blue.

...i still top scored.

• DeeRax and FEF-FEFington like this

CraftyDus

CraftyDus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1354 posts

so shitty rocket league

• Merl61, Amidatelion, -Tj- and 2 others like this

EOC Raider, Bolt Pred, Rev Gl Gren, EOC Infil, All the Reapers, Father, Expert in Guitar Kung Fu, and Founder of TPG Hawken

I4U54qx.jpg     bQCgI0k.png   zd30MxR.png   vP7JiOe.png     uq0awfp.gif

lwY3QRd.jpg

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

so shitty rocket league

But where you can kill your opponents.  So like CTF, Siege, Rocket League.  The more good things you add the better it gets.

Kick the ball to the EU station.  Once it has enough energy kick it at enemy teams base/goal to damage base.  You could do two balls to make it like backwards CTF or one to make it RocketSiegeLeauge.  Most importantly you could ignore all objectives and just kill each other like the pro siege players.

• LaurenEmily, DeeRax and DallasCreeper like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Two bases, two missile silos, one vitroleum truck spawn point. One truck is in game at any time. Your task is to shove the truck to your silo, so it will shoot the enemy base.

• DallasCreeper likes this

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

But where you can kill your opponents.  So like CTF, Siege, Rocket League.  The more good things you add the better it gets.

Kick the ball to the EU station.  Once it has enough energy kick it at enemy teams base/goal to damage base.  You could do two balls to make it like backwards CTF or one to make it RocketSiegeLeauge.  Most importantly you could ignore all objectives and just kill each other like the pro siege players.

Two bases, two missile silos, one vitroleum truck spawn point. One truck is in game at any time. Your task is to shove the truck to your silo, so it will shoot the enemy base.

I. Love. It. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

I'd love to see an objective based mode where one team attempts to defend a transport truck (by whatever means available, including shields) as it makes it's way across the map.  If the truck makes it, WIN for defending team...

• Pelanthoris likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

I'd love to see an objective based mode where one team attempts to defend a transport truck (by whatever means available, including shields) as it makes it's way across the map. If the truck makes it, WIN for defending team...

I think this has been mentioned before. At least I've thought about it many times. Good idea.

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I hated every mission in every game where I had to go super slow to defend some jerkoff character.  It would be like 4 times worse if you had to contend with actual people.  This sounds like a gamemode for bots and the people who play bots.

• CraftyDus likes this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I think CTF mode is enough of a defend the flagbearer with shields, etc that we don't need a defend the NPC truck.

If we have that, then there may need to be a snare charge item that slows mechs in its radius.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

You could do two balls to make it like backwards CTF or one to make it RocketSiegeLeauge.

...or 3 'balls' and you can try to take all 3 at once if your team is game. otherwise it could be 3 simultaneous mini matches of 2v2 assuming the map has 3 good paths. You could be working hard to defend one ball while the other team sneakily grabs the other 2. Head games will abound until people work out best strategies.

Most importantly you could ignore all objectives and just kill each other like the pro siege players.

Yeah that too. draw out the game by just preventing the other team scoring. Would have to be a timer too.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Oh hell.  I think I'd probably pee a little if they built a big open arena, threw in a ball, disabled damage to mechs and had players using their mechs bodies and weapons fire to try to hit the ball into their opponents goal.  It's fun as all get out with RC cars in Rocket League - it's got to be equally fun with RC mechs.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users