• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

(Thanks again to SS396 for putting the original solutions together.)

Just a heads up: the paths in this thread might slightly differ from yours depending on where you installed Hawken.

1. Hardware requirements:
    Make sure that your PC meets the minimum hardware requirements of Hawken. You can read the minimum hardware requirements on Hawken's Steam store page: Link

2. Check game cache:
    You can do this by right clicking HAWKEN in your library and selecting "Properties" from the appearing list. Switch to the "Local Files" tab and click on "Verify integrity of game cache".

3. Reset your config files:
    Depending on your operating system there are different ways to perform this step.
    • For everything older than Windows 8:
      Navigate to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\" and rename the "Config" folder to "ConfigBackup".     

• For Windows 8 ond newer:
      Navigate to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\" and rename the "Config" folder to "ConfigBackup". Afterwards copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame".

• If you don't have the folder "Hawken" in your "My Games" folder yet:
      If you don't have the necessary folders yet you have to create them yourself. Please create the necessary folders to get a filepath looking like "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame". 
  4. Unreal Engine 3 Redistributable Package:
    Navigate to this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\Binaries\Redist\UE3Redist\" and run "UE3Redist.exe".

5. Download and install/update DirectX 9 End-User Runtimes: Link

6. Install/Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package:
    • x86 version (for 32 bit operating systems only): Link
    • x64 version (for 64 bit operating systems only): Link 

7. "Refresh your Steam files as described over here: Link

8. Run Windows updates.

Edited by SigmaOmega, 01 May 2015 - 05:38 AM.

• Amidatelion, MomOw, 1uster and 6 others like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

hope74

hope74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yes, the last point helps me. Thank you!

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Updated

sablas11

sablas11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thank you so much kind sir for sharing. I havent played for over a week now and its drving me crazy. Thank you so much.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

https://udn.epicgame...e/WebHome.html 

this page has a download UDK unreal developer kit for unreal engine 3 which is the same tool used to make hawken

http://download.udk....all-2015-02.exe

this may help you get an idea of how your machine handles the engine from another perspective

Curtiss1

Curtiss1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello everyone.

I am a new hawken player and my experience so far is a mixed one.

The few times I've been able to play it was great, the rest of the time it was just a fight against the game. I can't launch it 99% of the time, it just says "hawken ceased to work" (don't know how it is in english, i'm french to be honest :p)

I applied every solution written on this page but still can't manage to launch hawken. Is there a way to see how my situation is not like the other ?

THank you.

Curtiss1

Curtiss1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello again.

I came back to say that my problem is solved, so far, for no reason... What a shame it is to not be aware of what happened ! But hey, it works.

Thank you :)

Nepheratos

Nepheratos

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey so after this new update I am having an issue with getting the  Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package x64  to install. Every time I try it fails to install as soon as it starts when I am installing it onto a 250gb SSD and spits back a error message "fatal error during install." Does anyone have any ideas on why or even how to fix it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users