43 replies to this topic

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:16 PM.

• VYR3 likes this

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

I can definetely agree to that, the guns don't really seem to be realistic in anyway. I mean, I understand the limited recoil, it makes sense for pneudralics at that point in time (especially with weightless super materials) to be able to hold down most of the knock back, but no material in the universe is immune to the laws of physics. (Praise be to Newton!)

Hawken contains things like magic space metal that somehow makes things super light. So there's no reason they could handwavium their way out of recoil.

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I can definetely agree to that, the guns don't really seem to be realistic in anyway. I mean, I understand the limited recoil, it makes sense for pneudralics at that point in time (especially with weightless super materials) to be able to hold down most of the knock back, but no material in the universe is immune to the laws of physics. (Praise be to Newton!)

As for the bucket of dirt, I get that making things more gritty in a nasty-dirt added sense would help, but what I'm looking for is that sense of attachment to the game. I honestly can't put it in words, as it's different for everyone, but for a game to be considered really great in my eyes, I have to attach myself to it in someway. The easiest way to do that would be to just give me some cold-hearted reminders of war.

if we want some attachment to the game,

we need to be able to eject from our burning mech as a last ditch to save yourself.

we need to be able to choose our announcers

we need to choose how our actual pilot looks, not just our mechs.

and we need a place for pilots to gather together, have a drink, talk to people, and trade gear.

we need a good way to build or find new, different weapons, not reskins of ARs, but stuff like a chainsaw blade launcher made from the arms of CRTs

weird gimmicky crap that doesnt exist yet.

in order for us to have a connection, we need something to relate to, we need a civilisation to join, and we need to be us within the game.

and if we have stuff like this, if we have IMMERSION, then we can have a game with a true connection.

right now all we have is

*shoot the other guy cause I need more gas*

when it should be 

*shoot that other guy because the hanger needs more gas so we can survive another night with heat and electricity*

*shoot that other guy because he has a lot of gas and you can sell that and use the money to repair that gaping hole the tow you ate at the end of the last fight left.*

*shoot that other guy because he STOLE YOUR CHOCOLATE MILK AND DIDNT APOLOGISE*

• KilleR_OrigiNs likes this

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

*shoot that other guy because he STOLE YOUR CHOCOLATE MILK AND DIDNT APOLOGISE*

23dgy4me.

• VYR3 and KilleR_OrigiNs like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic