Photo

["Solution"] In-game Chat/Friends List disconnecting once and again..

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

--

Update: Unfortunatelly this "solution" does not work everytime you try it in the game. :\

Does your chat keep disconnecting and ewconnecting during your fracking and entire HAWKEN session?

Ok,

then try this and tell me how it went:

Just launch a game in Map Exploration mode (yes, you alone) just for a short period of time. Then leave it and go back to main menu.

--> Voilà, here you got it!

No more damn disconnects nor reconnects anymore. This worked 100% here so it more than probably should work there at your end as well.

Hope this helps and have fun, dudes and dudettes

--

Update: Unfortunatelly this "solution" does not work everytime you try it in the game. :\

Edited by The_Silencer, 25 April 2016 - 10:38 AM.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

I don't think double posting is a good idea. It looks like in this "Technical Assistance" section people ask for help while in the "Help and Guides" section solutions are being posted.

Spoiler

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

I don't think double posting is a good idea. It looks like in this "Technical Assistance" section people ask for help while in the "Help and Guides" section solutions are being posted.

Spoiler

were or are you having the forementioned issue?

Yes?

Spoiler

No?

Spoiler

.. in any case you were trolling here

Thanks

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

were or are you having the forementioned issue?

Yes?

Spoiler

No?

Spoiler

.. in any case you were trolling here

Thanks

Dude. This is the second time you've posted this, spamming both times. Stop.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Dude. This is the second time you've posted this, spamming both times. Stop.

Although you're superficially right on the "Spamming" thing... do you ever know how disturbing can be to experience this issue once and again in the game?

A minimum respect.. at least

SIL over

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Hey,

this "solution" does not work. I thought i had it working 100% to cancel the chat/FL issue in the game but unfortunatelly it does not :\

Ergo, my apologies and I'm requesting the admins to remove both topics i opened in the forums.

The original goal was pure by default as always.. you know... (or you should know that)

Thanks,

SIL

Edited by The_Silencer, 25 April 2016 - 10:43 AM.

raging_squirrel

raging_squirrel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Don't know if I'm having the same issue as you described which is a problem with having lost all names added to my friends list. The friends list seems to now be completely disabled where as I'm can't add or be added. I even tried adding ScrimBot and it does nothing.

In the lower right corner where the tabs for the chat box and friends list are located, it says "undefined" and times out the chat telling me "not connected".

I tried your suggestion about running around in the map exploration but that didn't work as a fix. I also submitted a support ticket weeks ago but haven't heard anything back from them in weeks.

I suppose I'll submit another ticket.....very frustrating.   

#HawkenForLife

First of all, you garbage tier sock merchant, I said most of us.

You Norwegian fart market.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

you can not click on the Reconnect button or if you do then it does nothing?

your issue is different. Submit a support ticket again

Edited by The_Silencer, 01 May 2016 - 11:19 AM.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

both issues are the same (i think), if ashfire908 were here.....RIP

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

both issues are the same (i think), if ashfire908 were here.....RIP

AFAIK Ash fixed all the chat/meteor server issues he could with what access he had. Remaining issues are between the client and shitty connections. I've been dropping from chat constantly since house sitting and I'm also getting dropped packets nightly.

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Remiender: The issue consists in continuous persistant chat disconnects and reconnects every 2 minutes aprox. during your entire HAWKEN session. That happenning while in the game menues and also within a match.

The curious thing is that the issue occurs sometimes whilst others do not. Some days happens other not. Sometimes it occurs at the beggining of a gaming session and then suddenly halts and it works well..

My connection isn't so shitty. Actually it's an average Inet connection while playing on Europe. And to conclude, in the moment that the issue occurs sometimes and/or somedays only makes me think that probably it's not caused by or on the client side either.

Nevertheless, thanks to all for your input on the matter, guys.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Why are there two versions of this thread?

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Don't ask that question, he will mark you as a danger to the public and will try to kill you!

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Don't ask that question, he will mark you as a danger to the public and will try to kill you!

too late... *evil laugh*

Edited by The_Silencer, 02 May 2016 - 11:39 AM.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I killed Josh. Defending myself from you wont be a problem :ninja:  :nuke:  :ninja:

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users