• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

harmless_kittens

harmless_kittens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

I can't count how many times now I've excitedly joined a 3 Star match, only to end up on the victory or loss screen.  Now I have to sit here for the next 20 seconds or so looking at a line up of mechs I care nothing about because I wasn't in the battle.

Why would it be a bad thing to show us "time remaining" on the match selection screen, so that we can stop wasting our time on matches with less than a minute to go?  I'm sure I'm missing something here, but it seems I should not be able to join a match that is already over :(

• GalaxyRadio, Luaq, Hecatoncheires and 1 other like this

Chickin

Chickin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

https://hawken.herokuapp.com/

Go into Settings menu and enable %complete column.

This will show you the match progress.

chickin.png

harmless_kittens

harmless_kittens

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

You mean during the game?  How do I get there while playing?  (Sorry, not as computer savvy as a lot of you.)  Thanks.

Chickin

Chickin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Just open the page in your browser. You can ALT+TAB (or windowsKey + TAB) to switch windows.

Or just pop it on your secondary screen/monitor or your phone.

chickin.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Just open the page in your browser. You can ALT+TAB (or windowsKey + TAB) to switch windows.

Or just pop it on your secondary screen/monitor or your phone.

Or use the Steam browser.  

That's been the most efficient way for me to find the highest ranked game with openings. Game ends, shift+tab, refresh the page, decide if I quit and join a new one.

• Luaq likes this

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Yup Amid has my vote. And the steam browser seems to take less memory than opening another program since it's actually part of the steam. But yeah, the whole UI menu and in game in hawken should be reworked and offer more information and look cleaner in the same time.

EDIT:

For thoses who mostly only play hawken having your STEAM browser homepage changed to herouapp helps a lot for fast server check ;)

Spoiler

Edited by Luaq, 06 June 2016 - 10:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users