• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
So I was about to fall asleep last night and this thought popped into my head, let me know what you think.

Replace the orb item with a portable repair bay. It's an item that sets itself up just like the turret items and will increase the repair rate of a mech that repairs next to it. Unlike the turrets it has a limited duration.

This way there is still an accessible way to repair and get quickly back into the fight and can't be abused mid fight

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
No one would use it. The problem with orbs does not lie in mechanics. It lies in the imbalance of health vs other items. Make the orbs give you 60-70 health. That balances them just fine.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I'm not a great fan of the gameplay around orbs but I must admit that it works pretty well.

I would have prefered yellow orb gathering as EU and that the amount of orb gathered increase the health regen rate when you repair, but that would be a different game.

On other topics some I've written or seen interesting ideas (sorted from the easiest to implement to the more complicated) :

- limit how regen rate stack (when using extractor)

- destroyable orbs

- change the items MK to cooldown instead of number of use

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Orbs value in absolute number is absurd. There is three classes of health pools in this game AFAIK.

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Techs should leave a larger orb. Killin techs should also be counted like notches in a gun belt.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Or maybe you can't heal from orbs when you are in combat? (atleast 2 seconds without RECEIVING damage)

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users