• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I'm just curious about this. I've played some people who are very good. I've lost a ton of matches and it's never bothered me. I just got out of two matches where we were so decisively defeated. It was unreal. Our infil would drop a jammer, go invisible, come around a corner with no boost and get dropped imediately by a sharpshooter. This happened over and over. Not to mention nearly every time we engaged a g2 raider one of us would jump over it. They would three shot the guy in front of them and then snap to the guy behind them. No thruster activation. One frame between the time they dropped the guy to when they were facing the other guy.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

If you believe someone is cheating, the best thing you can do is to try to get any video evidence you can, then send that video to the support team.

If you need a recording program, I recommend OBS. Its interface isn't the most user-friendly, but it's free and even does h.264 compression while it records so you get great quality and small file sizes.

However, keep in mind that there is a very high skill ceiling in Hawken. It's very easy to think someone is cheating when they may just be that good. Some of the better players even have secondary accounts that they can use to connect to servers they are way outranked for. But despite this, don't be afraid to record and report folks anyway, just to be on the safe side.

Edited by HubbaBubba9849, 30 March 2015 - 04:14 PM.

• Pure_Amazing likes this

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I have Fraps. My problem is the laptop I'm using barely handles Hawken. There's no way it's going to run anything that uses resources.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

HubbaBubba9849

HubbaBubba9849

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I've heard Fraps is very CPU-intensive. I'm pretty sure OBS uses the video encoder on most GPUs so it should have less of an impact on performance.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

OBS can make use of quicksync and NV encode...  if the video card supports it and if quicksync is working on your system, but either one isn't going to totally eliminate all extra CPU load.

But it's definitely worth looking into.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

VisionCloud

VisionCloud

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

@SaturdayGhede Friend me in game and if you ever feel that there is a cheater in game, call me in and I can 1) analyze whether they might be cheating or not and 2) if necessary, capture and live stream the entire game. I am lucky enough to play on a fairly nice machine with decent pings, this helps so that I can see virtually every shot someone takes, whether they are missing any or whether they are all perfect. I have also been around for a while and the longer you play, the easier it becomes to tell the difference between a great player and a machine. The nice machine and network also make it so that I can record and live stream my games when necessary.

• GalaxyRadio likes this

LicSqualo

LicSqualo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Reading this thread my question in mind is: can I play without doubt to have "honourable adversary"? Every match?

Can Hawken and Steam assure me, that the videos see on youtube are old cheat, solved now?

Really isolate and block players is a low level solution. To patch the cheat engine is the high solution. Or not?

When i play versus a "divinity" is really always a good player or is a cheater with a fine tuning?

This is really annoying me, as "To be or not to be..."

Thanks to support! :)

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I'm just curious about this. I've played some people who are very good. I've lost a ton of matches and it's never bothered me. I just got out of two matches where we were so decisively defeated. It was unreal. Our infil would drop a jammer, go invisible, come around a corner with no boost and get dropped imediately by a sharpshooter. This happened over and over. Not to mention nearly every time we engaged a g2 raider one of us would jump over it. They would three shot the guy in front of them and then snap to the guy behind them. No thruster activation. One frame between the time they dropped the guy to when they were facing the other guy.

well I do not know about the sniper But you g2 raider I can explain that. The g2 raider blitz does not work like the blitz on regular raider it does not give you a thruster boost instead the g2 raiders ability increases walk speed greatly over a short period of time it last till the fuel is empty. And ya that thing can get up and go.  alot of people think this is a hack when in fact it is the ability also the kla xt does more damage at the cost of longer reload time. so if he hit you with a kla a charged t32 and a  fast t32 shot and you are an an a class it will out right kill in  three shot  them . It will put a b in a hurt locker if he make all three shots. 

Edited by Source_Mystic, 12 April 2015 - 02:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users