- - - - - kill assist

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

Has anyone ever noticed how most players all of a sudden want to be a "team player" AFTER you've whittled an enemy down to 10% health? 

My assists almost always outnumber my kills for this reason. 

This might also contribute to why everyone uses the assault mech since you're far more likely to get the killing shot with two machine guns (referring to my Nerf Assault Mech other thread). 

(PS4)War_MachineXL

(PS4)War_MachineXL

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 121 posts
Yea they need an assist counts as kill for 75% dmg or more. Games like Battlefield have this since their ttk is a little slower then games like Call of Duty.

(PS4)peacecraftSLD

(PS4)peacecraftSLD

• PlayStation Members
  • 25 posts

They don't give you the kill but instead give you a "Critical Assist" which is supposed to give you more XP for the kill so that was the trade off. Sometimes i will have a ratio of 4/1 for K/D but I will have 30 assists and Top Score.

Also, i think if you are being dominated and you get the Critical Assist you won't be dominated anymore but if they get just one kill on you after that they are right back to dominating you.

I think the Assault is a deceptive mech for people to use. Two vulcans is fun and can really put out the damage but if you are not fighting the opponent in the open you are at a big disadvantage. People think its easy cause you are just spraying all the damage but having no burst weapon makes this mech situational and really shines in certain maps. Anytime i fight an Assault now the moment i hear the the guns getting rev'd i just break line of sight and wait to here the guns stop. The spooling up the guns is a weakness that i see many people not exploiting enough and its one that i dont see most Assault players compensating for. 

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

They don't give you the kill but instead give you a "Critical Assist" which is supposed to give you more XP for the kill so that was the trade off. Sometimes i will have a ratio of 4/1 for K/D but I will have 30 assists and Top Score.

Also, i think if you are being dominated and you get the Critical Assist you won't be dominated anymore but if they get just one kill on you after that they are right back to dominating you.

I think the Assault is a deceptive mech for people to use. Two vulcans is fun and can really put out the damage but if you are not fighting the opponent in the open you are at a big disadvantage. People think its easy cause you are just spraying all the damage but having no burst weapon makes this mech situational and really shines in certain maps. Anytime i fight an Assault now the moment i hear the the guns getting rev'd i just break line of sight and wait to here the guns stop. The spooling up the guns is a weakness that i see many people not exploiting enough and its one that i dont see most Assault players compensating for. 

That's probably why so many people spam the assault mech in co-op team deathmatch. The bots probably use the same tactics on all enemies regardless of what mech they're in. So they won't exploit the assault mech's weaknesses like a normal player would so people get easy kills with it. Pretty lame.

(PS4)F0ppery

(PS4)F0ppery

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 62 posts

If nobody else supports this idea then it sounds like most of you ONLY go after enemies with less than half of their health.

Pathetic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kill, assist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users