• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

007eleven

007eleven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

So I understand that the dev team wants to merge the Hawken games between platforms, which will make updates alot easier, which makes sense.  However, I do have concerns with this,

First off, after seeing the version on Xbox1, I'm pretty upset with how mechs are purchased through a "skill tree" array and  how each mech has a g2 version, but the weapons cannot be switched out.

My problems with this is that newcomers won't be able to able to buy the mech they want right off the bat, but rather buy up to it, and not allowing for weapons to be switched out takes away from the overall customization of the game.

Secondly, about weapons.  I noticed on the Xbox version that many mechs have "Dual primaries" in which say the assault has two vulcans.  Now I see why this was done, so that players on controllers could maneuver and shoot better.  My concern with this however is that it is going to lower the skill ceiling for some mechs incredibly, by not having to land Tows, or be able to chose weapons based on preference.

Those are my concerns, and they mostly come from that I feel that Pc players are going to have to make sacrifices in order to be more like console players, which I think is really dumb (Pc master race is a thing for a reason).  That and how the console versions are more restricting and less customize-able.

My confusion mainly comes from two statements from the dev Q&A on june 18 https://community.pl...-dev-update-qa/

"What are your goals for the PC platform now that you've clearly put some focus on the console platforms?

In short, we will get all platforms up to feature parity and then add content to all at the same time.  We have put huge efforts into making sure any future development efforts apply to all both PC and console, since that just makes sense. "

and.

"When will you start incorporating the players' feedback and ideas? 

From the time we started the project we have been silently reading - and listening - to the playerbase behind the scenes. We've got some really talented people who come from many backgrounds. All of us want this game to succeed, and we all love the game and the community it fostered.

For the PC Side, we will be trying to leave the game largely untouched - we are hoping the game will be Hawken with a new UI skin, and a better framework for creating content that everyone can enjoy going forward. We intend to answer more questions over the coming days, weeks, and months.  It should be a lot more fun from now on "

*If these opinions are are misinformed or my information about the console versions is wrong, please respond in the comments, as I'm quite confused with the direction the devs are trying to go.*

Edited by 007eleven, 20 September 2016 - 06:35 PM.

zbbsccs.png

-Thanks to eth0

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

They said they couldn't finish customization in time for the console releases, but do want to introduce it to the console platforms once it's finished.

I haven't heard whether the customization will be similar to that of the PC version or not.

Edited by Meraple, 20 September 2016 - 06:40 PM.

• LaurenEmily and 007eleven like this

007eleven

007eleven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

They said they couldn't finish customization in time for the console releases, but do want to introduce it to the console platforms once it's finished.

I haven't heard whether the customization will be similar to that of the PC version or not.

Thank you, that helps clear up at least one thing.

Edited by 007eleven, 20 September 2016 - 06:46 PM.

zbbsccs.png

-Thanks to eth0

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

from the Dev update/server maint post put up yesterday:

For the console side of things, we’ve got the last fixes submitted, and certification testing should be underway very soon.  Once that’s all been verified and approved we will be launching the first Content Update.  We’ll have some more details on what that includes when it hits.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

from the Dev update/server maint post put up yesterday:

For the console side of things, we’ve got the last fixes submitted, and certification testing should be underway very soon.  Once that’s all been verified and approved we will be launching the first Content Update.  We’ll have some more details on what that includes when it hits.

#Console version, and if I remembered it rightly, the new contents will be some new holos.

Second CONSOLE content update will introduce the PC version(closer, but still not the same, for the known reason) customization to console players.

Ic6j9zJ.png

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

3067883-0778747305-13352.gif

• Guns_N_Rozer, claisolais, DingdongJR and 2 others like this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

They said they couldn't finish customization in time for the console releases

lets be fair for legal purposes, they didnt say that, but it was the truth and the truth always comes out?

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users