Photo

How Long Does It Take to be Approved Into the Community?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

X0X13X0X

X0X13X0X

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hello!

I've been commenting on other's posts here for almost a month now, but all my comments apparently go into some "pending moderators' approval" black hole, never to be seen again. If my posts are so bad that they can't be approved, I'd appreciate some feedback as to why. They seem pretty tame to me.

This post will also need approval from a moderator before it is shown. So who knows when, if ever, anyone will ever see it.

I mean, I really want to know. When?

Thanks.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Your first 5 posts or so must be approved by a mod, but after that you should be fine. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
It's not you bro. It's a countermeasure against harassing trolls that another member of Reloaded attracted here from another game because of previous actions.

For a while we got spammed by really graphic gore from throwaway accounts and it was judged that this was the only viable method to eliminate them after the usual methods (IP banning, etc) were tried.

I hate it too, as it is a serious barrier preventing new members from joining the community. I do wish posts would be approved faster, but I have no doubt that the anger of those trolls has not dissipated.

X0X13X0X

X0X13X0X

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

[snip]

Wow, I had no idea. I don't mind the concept; I actually wish more forum communities had something similar. It's just been about a month now and it got frustrating to type long replies and watch them disappear. It's also kind of difficult to get a hold of a mod.

This topic was meant more as me jumping up and down waving trying to get someone's attention than anything else. Since its been posted, I guess I got my answer.

Edited by X0X13X0X, 26 October 2016 - 05:50 AM.

• Amidatelion likes this

popeco

popeco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Haha I can relate to this.  

Yeah I think the 5 post-barrier-to-entry is a good idea, but like X0X13X0X, I've made several posts in the past that simply go from "pending" to "The void," never to be seen.  Was a pretty strong deterrent from joining in on a lot of posts. 

Probably got lost in stacks of messages during the chaos of the console release or some-other  :yes:

• X0X13X0X likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
7 posts and counting... You're in the clear!

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

and 6ixxer.. you are only allowd 4 more... js LOL

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

I have been trying to keep up with new member posts. If there's a friend of yours who can't post, feel free to PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users