• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I like bikes and while there aren't many of yall left.  I know at least Hyginos has like 5 bikes by now.  Post Bike Stuff.

Like this fun fatbike video.

• coldform and LaurenEmily like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Oh wow, I want one now!

Thanks for posting 10/10!

This signature is under construct

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

there goes poop, peddling his bikes again.

-incitatus, probably

• crockrocket and eth0 like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Anyone looking for a good capable beginner MTB that will last you into being an advanced mountain biker?

I seriously considered a Raleigh Tokul.  His video covers the Tokul 3 for around $1000.  You can find the Tokul 2 with a straight headtube for like $500-$600 new sometimes.

The Skills with Phil and Seth's Bike Hacks channels are two of the largest and my favorite biking youtube channels.  Lots of good information and entertainment there.

Edited by PoopSlinger, 09 November 2016 - 10:16 AM.

• ReversusRex likes this

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Like this fun fatbike video.

Probably worth putting a bit more padding on the top spar, cos i foresee a lot of nut cracking if amateurs try some of those stunts.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I personally would like a Neo Jumper as i can see it doing duty as a commuter in addition to recreational, but i certainly dont get enough bike time to seriously consider any bike upgrades any time soon.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I personally would like a Neo Jumper as i can see it doing duty as a commuter in addition to recreational, but i certainly dont get enough bike time to seriously consider any bike upgrades any time soon.

I looked at the Neo Jumper and its an extremely expensive electric bike.  It also uses 9mm QR axles, budget XC wheels, a straight head tube and 30mm fork stanchions.  My old bike had that stuff and at 200lbs it felt flimsy.  Modern bikes with 12-15mm axles and burlier frame and forks ride much more solid (With little to no weight penalty I might add.).

Edited by PoopSlinger, 09 November 2016 - 12:22 PM.

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

i have ridden a fat bike a little bit and it was fun

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
I miss my mountain bike :(

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I looked at the Neo Jumper and its an extremely expensive electric bike.  It also uses 9mm QR axles, budget XC wheels, a straight head tube and 30mm fork stanchions.  My old bike had that stuff and at 200lbs it felt flimsy.  Modern bikes with 12-15mm axles and burlier frame and forks ride much more solid (With little to no weight penalty I might add.).

That may be the case, but e-bikes are full of compromises. I'm sure I wouldn't be hitting the limits of those parts.

If I saw a better one then it might oust the Neo Jumper from consideration.

disclaimer: I have an e-bike, its pretty fuzzy bunny and really cheap. It did prove a concept though and if I had the cash, i'd certainly trade up to something less fuzzy bunny.

Edited by 6ixxer, 09 November 2016 - 03:33 PM.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

This is for sale:

10xhuo2.jpg

My old garage in Arizona.  I only own one of the vehicles visible in the pic any more:

16ixy1k.jpg

• LaurenEmily likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I sold my 600cc near 3 years back. I miss it.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/457123/

Its the Walk A Bike World Championships.

Also, I got my wife this nice bike.  It has been modified to a flat-bar, center-pull brakes and a nicer seat. 

EYQNpzp.jpg

This winter I'm hoping to upgrade her to my 10-speed clutch derailleur and 1x front chainring (So I can get a nicer XT 11-speed with the 11-42 and an oval chainring.).

Edited by PoopSlinger, 10 November 2016 - 06:33 AM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Saw a pic of a muddy Giant Faith downhill mtb on that site...
Reminded me of the time I broke my e-bike and borrowed one of these as a commuter for a week.
Boing boing boing.
Less drrty tho :p

Edited by 6ixxer, 10 November 2016 - 11:46 AM.

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

I ride a Honda CBR125R. Its waaaaay more useful than any e-bike and easily just as cheap.

They cost around $1500-2000 (Canadian) used. They get 100 MPG, with a 10 liter tank. and red-lines at 11,000 RPM. So you get around 280 km with only $8 for a full tank of gas. Top speed (stock) is about 140 km/h, but that's down hill with wind behind you. Uphill is more like 110 km/h with the thottle wide open. So it feels quite limited on the highway. I swapped the front sprocket down 1 tooth, and the top speed is now 130 km/h but it has a lot more low end power, and it can maintain 120 km/h a lot more comfortably in any conditions.

By far, the cheapest vehicle to own, maintain, and insure. It has no oil filter, so you just swap the oil like a dirt bike. I opted for a gold chain, which should last the lifetime of the bike since it lacks any real power to stretch it. The tires I am using are called Michelin M62 and they cost $25 each, plus $10 for a pair of interchangable tubes. Full tire change for under $100? Just try and beat that with anything else. Parts are super cheap too.

H3dVOxU.jpg

KVmUckR.jpg

More pics from my tumblr:
http://twistedtravster.tumblr.com

Edited by WillyW, 10 November 2016 - 06:01 PM.

• PoopSlinger and ReversusRex like this

2XhpJes.png

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

My son and I on the old mountain bike last summer.  He's already got an early love of bikes instilled in him.

aTxFyyp.jpg

• coldform and WillyW like this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I ride a Honda CBR125R. Its waaaaay more useful than any e-bike and easily just as cheap.

They cost around $1500-2000 (Canadian) used. They get 100 MPG, with a 10 liter tank. and red-lines at 11,000 RPM. So you get around 280 km with only $8 for a full tank of gas. Top speed (stock) is about 140 km/h, but that's down hill with wind behind you. Uphill is more like 110 km/h with the thottle wide open. So it feels quite limited on the highway. I swapped the front sprocket down 1 tooth, and the top speed is now 130 km/h but it has a lot more low end power, and it can maintain 120 km/h a lot more comfortably in any conditions.

By far, the cheapest vehicle to own, maintain, and insure. It has no oil filter, so you just swap the oil like a dirt bike. I opted for a gold chain, which should last the lifetime of the bike since it lacks any real power to stretch it. The tires I am using are called Michelin M62 and they cost $25 each, plus $10 for a pair of interchangable tubes. Full tire change for under $100? Just try and beat that with anything else. Parts are super cheap too.

That's what I need for a commuter.  Its a hilly 25 miles though and the speed limit is 70mph, maybe a cbr250.   Your tires cost slightly less than my bike tires and I have paid similar amounts for a motorless bike.

• WillyW likes this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

That's what I need for a commuter.  Its a hilly 25 miles though and the speed limit is 70mph, maybe a cbr250.   Your tires cost slightly less than my bike tires and I have paid similar amounts for a motorless bike.

Would recommend a Yamaha R3 or Kawi Ninja 300 (both parallel twins).

You should call me Luna.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

The red/white Suzuki GSXR-1000 in my top photo cost $14999 new (I bought it very decidedly used).  It has a lot of bling on it - gas-charged forks (AK-Gas) and a Titanium Graves pipe on it top the list.  It's got a Yoshimura EM-Pro with traction-control and the whole nine yards, being Willie Voss' build for the Parts Canada Superbike series in 2007.

It's 192 HP as you see it - on race gas. About 178 on pump 87 octane.  Those Pirellii Supercorsa slicks are about $480/set, and they lasted me one practice day or 3 full races.  I'd often have to replace them twice in a weekend, fresh rubber for the last race of the day Sunday (you'd be surprised how many racers cheap out and try to stretch rubber for the big race of the day).

I can give you links to vids where I've got it at 173 MPH GPS-recorded (at Miller Motorsports Park, in Tooele, UT).  I have it -2/+8 on gearing - I use first for launches only. 

It goes through chain/sprockets about every season, or 8 race weekends.  That's with a DID ERV-3 gold chain...

Expensive hobby. I bought that bike for $8900, and got four good seasons out of it.  Today I'll sell it for $2100.  Runs fine (I impress the neighborhood kids when I start it...).

Hell of a good deal for a trackday guy or a novice racer. No, it can never be street-legal.

You should call me Luna.

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

See, in Canada, if I say the speed limit is 80km/h... what that really means is that you need to be able to do 100km/h. For every speed limit, you add 20km/h because cops can't pull you over for speeding as long as you're doing less than that. So most people just drive faster and you need to keep up.

But when you say 70mph (112km/h), do you actually mean everyone on the road does that speed, all the time? 

The CBR250R is a completely different bike than mine. Not so different from the newer 2010+ CBR125R. But it basically has a bigger tank, wider tires, oil filter, marginally less fuel economy, and a bit better performance. You wont feel nearly as limited, but the costs to maintain it get closer to owning any 600cc bike, plus insurance will more than likely close to that as well. So the benefits have a diminishing return and you might as well get a bigger bike at that point.

Edited by WillyW, 12 November 2016 - 07:39 PM.

2XhpJes.png

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Would recommend a Yamaha R3 or Kawi Ninja 300 (both parallel twins).

Ninja 300 is a sweet bike. Its basically a bored out 250, so it has the feel of a smaller bike with the power of a bigger bike. Unlike the Ninja 400, which feels more like someone took a 500 and shrunk it down.

2XhpJes.png

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

See, in Canada, if I say the speed limit is 80km/h... what that really means is that you need to be able to do 100km/h. For every speed limit, you add 20km/h because cops can't pull you over for speeding as long as you're doing less than that. So most people just drive faster and you need to keep up.

But when you say 70mph (112km/h), do you actually mean everyone on the road does that speed, all the time? 

The CBR250R is a completely different bike than mine. Not so different from the newer 2010+ CBR125R. But it basically has a bigger tank, wider tires, oil filter, marginally less fuel economy, and a bit better performance. You wont feel nearly as limited, but the costs to maintain it get closer to owning any 600cc bike, plus insurance will more than likely close to that as well. So the benefits have a diminishing return and you might as well get a bigger bike at that point.

Everyone drives 70 with a select few going slower.  Typically I go 80 the whole way(128km/h)  I forgot they bumped the ninja 250 to 300.  I've heard the 250 was close to not working well for a fat guy going up a hill.

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

My current MTB.

Zts6A5Q.jpg

• coldform and crockrocket like this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

I'm in the market for a bike these days - got a 15 minute walk to work, albeit with a decent hill on the way.

Edited by coldform, 15 February 2017 - 12:46 PM.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

My current MTB.

Zts6A5Q.jpg

Well I'm jealous. Haven't had a proper mountain bike since my Specialized Hardrock Sport got stolen. Really miss hitting Black Rock out past falls city

Edit:

Some blackrock vids: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2UdHo9chvI

While these are all great videoe I think none show Blackrock perfectly. Even the blue runs have built up banked corners and fuzzy bunny. And there's "basic training" Small area with a lot of downhill for test jumps, also log skinnys and all sorts of fuzzy bunny. Basic training is why blackrock is dank af. And all the downhill fuzzy bunny is legit af as well. Boardwalks, skinnies, jumps, its just a well maintained park. Out of what I have experienced 2nd only to Whistler.

God damn I miss this fuzzy bunny

Edited by crockrocket, 16 February 2017 - 03:14 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users