Photo

Team DeathMatch / AI programmed to look like other online Players?

- - - - - fake bug team deathmatch ai

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Multitron

Multitron

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello.

I'm a highly skilled game developer proficient in multi-player programming, graphics design, 3d modeling, scripting, special effects, AI, soundtracks, and recently been working towards perfecting realistic stage/level lighting.

Of course I'm not here to discuss my 5 years of game design skills lol.

I have a somewhat troubling concern regarding "TEAM DEATHMATCH and CO-OP TEAM DEATHMATCH" on the XBOX ONE :sweat:

Being a game designer myself and having an understanding of how AI works I find the opposing teams in the "TEAM DEATHMATCH" and "CO-OP TEAM DEATHMATCH" appears to be AI equipped with what is supposed to be other player names.

When I play regular "DEATHMATCH" I'm definitely playing with other online players but when I'm playing both "TEAM DEATHMATCH or the CO-OP DEATHMATCH" the people on my team is definitely other online human players however I've noticed that both the bots in "CO-OP BOT DESTRUCTION" and the opposing team in "TEAM DEATHMATCH and CO-OP TEAM DEATHMATCH" behave exactly the same. They move the same and turn to attack using the same AI algorithms as in "BOT DESTRUCTION".

I don't know how it is on other platforms but I do find it somewhat troubling as I was wishing to fight against other real players in both TEAM DEATHMATCH modes.

I first started getting suspicious when any team I was on always won in either DEATHMATCH modes no matter how many different teams I played on.

Don't get me wrong I still think it's a cool game with great potential. It's just I don't like being fooled into thinking I'm fighting against other players is all :wallbash:

TEAM DEATHMATCH

(Work with your team to eliminate all enemy

mechs. Stick by your friends, cover their

backs, and celebrate the glory of shared

victory.

MAX PARTY SIZE: 3)

CO-OP TEAM DEATHMATCH

(Work with your team to eliminate all enemy

mechs. Stick by your friends, cover their

backs, and celebrate the glory of shared

victory.

MAX PARTY SIZE: 6)

No where does it state the word "enemy" is referring to other real online players. I just don't like how it appears the opposing team are actually AI dressed up to appear as other online players. Regardless it's still a great game although there is some room for improvement.

Wish I had a hand in level design and parts creation but I have my own hands full with the creation of a huge procedural 3d Intergalactic Title with fully destructible planets which is still in early stages and no where close to even 10% finished.

My apologies if I happens to be mistaken but I'm fully convinced the opposing TEAMS in both "TEAM DEATHMATCH & CO-OP DEATHMATCH" are AI programmed to look like other online players. When I fight real players in other modes like the normal "DEATHMATCH" mode I notice a huge difference in MECH behavior as they tend to act..........well....human.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

do not join any gametype with "bots/coop" in it and if your ever curious about your players press tab and read their ping (bots have 0 ping only

• 6ixxer and DemitronPrime like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

And let's completely dump the PARTY system.  Unless I'm misreading you, you cite it as something you feel is a good thing.  The party system should never allow for people in the party to always be put on the same team - only the same match.  When a party is guaranteed to be on the same team they can all go smurfing and stack a team that is guaranteed to win every match.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
The two game modes with bots clearly identify themselves as having bots.
There is a Team Deathmatch game type that never has bots.

The Devs encourage bot play as it can be scaled to the experience of the human so that the fight is not completely unbalanced.
Team Deathmatch with humans are notoriously hard to balance and new pilots are discouraged by being matched against veteran player that can seem to be cheating.

I think that if you can't easily tell when you are playing humans vs bots then its not a bad thing.

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

most good ai control with unreal engine most good, 1999 sliding unreal tournaments AI difficulty slider to its maximum and they all propperly double jump walls dodge rockets noscope backflip teabag you and of course the chat banter all remeniscent of ut99

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fake, bug, team, deathmatch, ai

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users