• 1 posts

Should have a way to sell the unused mechs

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

from the devs about this or even something more akin to throwing away the mechs instead of sell off, in response to a similar question posed to the devs from their BOSS capn josh

"thats actually going to be real hard to make happen, no one predicted that people would need to get rid of mechs so nothing was set up to support it"

i think thats how it went right?

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

just use the unused mechs for derpy builds or for mlg secret purposes

• Zebanchi likes this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

build mech a - no items/internals 1v1 tourny build / casual 1v1 restricted build

build mech b - full on fuzzy bunny health absorb troll salt farmer build

build mech c - health absorb banned competitive / not a fuzzy bunny build

build mech d - choice build

never have to go into battle unprepared again

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

i think this thread going to block as well  :wallbash:

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

nar, he doesnt mean selling to other pilots, just back to the Hawken used-mech dealer.

Ornual

Ornual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Should have a way to sell the unused mechs

On one hand, this would sound like a great idea, though this can't be done due to a few issues:

Any mechs that you sell I would assume you would want a refund on, no free to play games offer premium credit refunds for items.

Somewhere, someone will accidentally sell a mech they didn't mean to sell with premium purchased stuff attached to it, again not going to work.

The better thing to have rather then to get rid of the mechs would be a better way to store/file them away if you don't want to use them in match, kind of like a hot-swap bar for in game, and a storage garage outside of matches.

PC/Xbone Hawken player. Community Organizer for the Hawken Community Xbox group (2100+ members and counting).                                                                                          

Controller FPS controls over Keyboards any day!                                      

N8GCbTB.png

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Your heroku profile is public though...

On one hand, this would sound like a great idea, though this can't be done due to a few issues:

Any mechs that you sell I would assume you would want a refund on, no free to play games offer premium credit refunds for items.

Somewhere, someone will accidentally sell a mech they didn't mean to sell with premium purchased stuff attached to it, again not going to work.

The better thing to have rather then to get rid of the mechs would be a better way to store/file them away if you don't want to use them in match, kind of like a hot-swap bar for in game, and a storage garage outside of matches.

Doesn't stop other games from doing it. Also no reason it can't be a few clicks deep to keep it from happening accidentally. Also you can already change the order the mechs in the garage, at least on PC.

That said, having 30 techs or one duplicate of everything is largely a legacy issue so I'm not sure it is really worth it to implement a sell feature.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

swap able garage decks 500 MC each buy as many as you want

unlim unrestricted mech slots per garage deck

take 1 deck into server

simply for organizational purposes doesnt hamstring gameplay (dont turn us into dirty bomb or something similarly peculiar and lame)

possible revenue

possibly easier to implement then anything based around REMOVING mechs?

solves the underlying problems

DEVELOP

edit: basically pay 500MC for a trash can, the bonus will be that existing PC players get a discount?

Edited by ArchMech, 14 February 2017 - 02:11 PM.

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Didn't the devs say they where going to get rid of the extra mechs whenever they release the "EPIC" patch for pc, or am I just imagining that was said.

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

i never hears anyone say they were getting rid of mechs.

too many people would rage over lost investment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users