- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Nolo24

Nolo24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

So I got on today just noticed that the great Scrimbot is gone. Is this permanent? Temporary? Is Scrim really dead...

• EM1O likes this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

obtusely, i now have a few accts with altered/expired-test mechs that are back to normal. except one vangaurd that has 2 SMCs for primary guns. i dont care for miniflak on that mech, so we'll see when i try to buy the Vulcan

scrimbot is generally unknown among new players, and unused by vets. no great loss there.

Edited by EM1O, 22 February 2017 - 08:32 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

So I got on today just noticed that the great Scrimbot is gone. Is this permanent? Temporary? Is Scrim really dead...

Did you try re-adding scrimbot as a friend? Friends list has been fuzzed up for people in the past, and there were the recent database issues.

Also worth noting that scrimbot is not an official project.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I do use scrimbot to check the server SRD but that's only because the low population can cause some bad matchmaking. The spread can still easily get to be over 1000mmr.

I ask MMR sometimes to see what the detected change is, just so I can compare to how I felt my performance was in the matches.

I'd like it to keep working, but I won't bee too put out if its gone for good.

Edited by 6ixxer, 22 February 2017 - 08:51 PM.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I use scrimbot a lot actually, was confused when it disappeared from my friends list :s hope my robot friend didn't die

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

scrimbot prolly has some issues reconnecting or some such nonsense.  C05 got the party system back up and running, which meant finagling with the chat backend.  could someone reach out to ashfire and let him know?

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Ashfire908

Ashfire908

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
Sorry for the downtime. I don't really monitor Scrimbot anymore to make sure it's functioning, so I depend on people to report issues to me when something's wrong. Thanks to the person that reached out to me about this (and to everyone else, there are plenty of ways to contact me, and I normally don't bite :P).

Anyway, I've restarted scrimbot, and it should be functioning again. It appears to have still been connected to a server somewhere, so I assume the recent chat server work involved provisioning a new chat server and changing the dns pointer, but not stopping the old server (which would have caused scrimbot to reconnect and find the new host). I didn't verify this, but that's my guess, as scrimbot is generally set up to handle any possible condition, but there's no real way for it to handle that sort of situation.

Edit: Looks like I have my forum title still. Can someone at RLD change/remove that? Thanks.

Edited by Ashfire908, 23 February 2017 - 10:44 AM.

• Silverfire, claisolais, hellc9943 and 4 others like this
Creator of ScrimBot and other community tools.

[kloeri] And we're done for now with all the rebooting.. except for a single server that will be rebooted when it's done pretending it's a tree.

Nolo24

Nolo24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Sorry to necro, but I didn't see any point in a new thread. Ash's pm is down so I can't ask that way. Could someone reach out to him and tell him that scrombot is down again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users