a simple solution for hawkens popularity

- - - - - hawken help problem solution

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

(PS4)EmptySpringroll

(PS4)EmptySpringroll

• PlayStation Members
  • 2 posts

make ps4 and pc linked therefore the two would be put together creating a larger community and more popularity and then i would be more wide spread

(PS4)frostdragon2013

(PS4)frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 164 posts

Urr no having to fight m+k with controler is way more difficult it would dishearten new players as they get wrecked by more impressive hardware

Most posts i make are taken from members of a large hawken community called krimson's cutthroat commandos o7

i'm a JOBS pilot who takes the souls of brave scouts

i play sharpshooter and vytro at long range because point blank is long range right?

(PS4)PsychoGenesis-

(PS4)PsychoGenesis-

• PlayStation Members
  • 4 posts

Idk where this belief comes from or why people keep saying it but...

1) The only game sponsored tournament that I know of that pitted pro pc players vs pro console players for the reason of the age old "which is better" was titanfall and guess who won, the console players with their controllers. Naturally afterwards tons of excuses were made but the fact is the controller didn't underperform.

2) There aren't many games that include pc players with the console players pool, but shadowrun did and the leaderboards were dominated by console players with a few pc players. The biggest reason for this is probably because we severely outnumbered them, but there was not a pc player in the top 20. I never felt disadvantaged while fighting a pc player.

3) By better hardware are you referring to the mouse and keyboard? This is not an issue, there are many players on ps4 that are already using a mouse and keyboard to fight anyways. There are adapters for your standard m+k as well as this ... licensed by sony, but I'd suggest a xim 4 https://www.playstat...-playstation-4/

The mouse and keyboard is simply a different input device, to say one is better than the other is a bit nonsensical in my opinion and I feel this sentiment simply came about by players not wanting to admit their shortcomings. The same way "there's no way that player is better than me: it has to be lag, he must be cheating, he must have gigabit internet, he must use a mouse and keyboard"

As far as actually combining the two player pools; I highly doubt it will ever happen. This is due to technical issues not the idea of mouse and keyboard is unfair.

Edited by (PS4)PsychoGenesis-, 18 April 2017 - 12:54 AM.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
I'd like to see this. Just because.

And, drink.
  • Bergwein and DingdongJR like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Just put a controller on a pc and then play pc m+k players and see what shakes loose.

/thread
  • coldform likes this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I don't think there's any such thing as a "simple solution" but combining the playerbases could provide interesting results. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Roxx54

Roxx54

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

1) The only game sponsored tournament that I know of that pitted pro pc players vs pro console players for the reason of the age old "which is better" was titanfall and guess who won, the console players with their controllers. Naturally afterwards tons of excuses were made but the fact is the controller didn't underperform.

2) There aren't many games that include pc players with the console players pool, but shadowrun did and the leaderboards were dominated by console players with a few pc players. The biggest reason for this is probably because we severely outnumbered them, but there was not a pc player in the top 20. I never felt disadvantaged while fighting a pc player.

3) By better hardware are you referring to the mouse and keyboard? This is not an issue, there are many players on ps4 that are already using a mouse and keyboard to fight anyways. There are adapters for your standard m+k as well as this ... licensed by sony, but I'd suggest a xim 4 https://www.playstat...-playstation-4/

The mouse and keyboard is simply a different input device, to say one is better than the other is a bit nonsensical in my opinion and I feel this sentiment simply came about by players not wanting to admit their shortcomings. The same way "there's no way that player is better than me: it has to be lag, he must be cheating, he must have gigabit internet, he must use a mouse and keyboard"

As far as actually combining the two player pools; I highly doubt it will ever happen. This is due to technical issues not the idea of mouse and keyboard is unfair.

yes you are right that the console guys won. but you know what this tournament was? the best titanfall players on console vs casual players on PC... you can't compare this fuzzy bunny. if there where the best PC titanfall players too, the console guys would be fuzzy bunny up hard

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I was actually thinking of shelling out for an xbox elite controller to play steam games, including hawken.
Steam big picture mode connected to my TV with a controller will give a console like experience.

It will make me play like crap for a long time and then maybe, by the time PC is relaunched (dig :p ) I will be as good with a controller as Xployt.
If I can feel comfortable playing with a controller against PC players then maybe it might be worth arguing that cross play is viable, but so few people would agree.

Cheers,
6ixxer

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

As for the titanfall thing, I would note for the sake of correctness that it was fought to a draw.

Also both titanfall and shadowrun had rather strong aim assist based on what I can see in recorded footage. Hawken has no aim assist at all.

As per the better hardware thing, here's a peer reviewed study out of Stanford that says the mouse is better at quickly placing a pointer on an object both in terms of time to execute and accuracy. From the conclusion: 

1. The positioning time of the mouse is significantly faster than that of the other devices. This is true overall and at every distance and size combination save for single character targets.
2. The error rate of the mouse is significantly lower than that of the other devices.
3. The rate of movement of the mouse is nearly maximal with respect to the information processing capabilities of the eye·hand guidance system.

In addition to that some PCs have the notable ability to run the game at much higher framerates than consoles. With that said I would still bet on any of the well known DM jockeyes playing on a toaster over a random noob on a super computer.

IMO the biggest issue with cross platform right now (purely from a player perspective, ignoring development challenges) is that the PC crowd has had almost a 5 year head start at learning how this game operates. As noted above, Xployt has already proven that players can theoretically compete with a controller in Hawken, but there would at the very least be some growing pains if console players get dropped into servers with longtime PC players that can turncap you in their sleep and put sabots on a pixel-wide target from a mile away.

Edited by wischatesjesus, 02 May 2017 - 08:48 AM.

• EMEUTIER likes this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Also both titanfall and shadowrun had rather strong aim assist based on what I can see in recorded footage. Hawken has no aim assist at all.

In Hawken, that's called an aimbot lol. Hax0rs!
Hawken does have rather large hitboxes though, so hopefully its still possible to hit an A class across Facility for example (scopes aside).

As noted above, Xployt has already proven that players can theoretically compete with a controller in Hawken, but there would at the very least be some growing pains if console players get dropped into servers with longtime PC players that can turncap you in their sleep and put sabots on a pixel-wide target from a mile away.

I presume that the two consoles share lobbies?
I'd like if developers were at least *considering* coding in a hardcore console version.
...by that I mean one where there's a somewhat hidden option you can turn on that shows PC lobbies.
Then from the console side only, players can *choose* to cross-play if they think they can handle it.
  • Liederkranz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users