Repost of EMP suggestion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

(PS4)PsychoGenesis-

(PS4)PsychoGenesis-

• PlayStation Members
  • 4 posts

I recently typed up a somewhat lengthy response to a discussion on turrents, if you'd like to read that post here is the link. https://community.pl...n/#entry114336 

Now for some good ol' copy pasta and a bit of editing.

I'm sure many players have seen or possibly even particapated in the load up as many turrets as possible and drop them down all together gameplay. So I suggest a counter to this. We now have a mech that can immobilize opposing mechs, we have an emp that can disable weapon systems, but why not have this emp destroy turrets, scanners, and scramblers. It is an elctromagnetic pulse afterall and with the current way the emp fires, being the firsbee that it is, I don't use it very often. This would certainly make me consider using it more.

Whether it be a new ability, a redesign of the current emp, and/or a new emp strictly for disabling items, I feel that a pulse to destroy electronic items would give us a skill based hard counter to the current "get a point and build your fort" gameplay that we've been seeing as of late and I hope others can agree.

Edit: As far as I'm concerned, I would have no complaints with scrapping the emp disabling mech weapons in favor of a larger area of effect that only destroys electronic items that are deployed within it's effective range. We already have the ism disruptor, that will disable a mech's optics, and the jobs, that will disable a mech's movement. Therefore, maybe this is something to consider as well.

Edit: Also I do know the current emp disables turrets, destroys holograms and shields, but I'd much rather for the emp to completely fry the auto targeting system of the turrents rather than just disable them. They still have an extra single turret they could drop after the emp and even though the 12 turrets may be disabled they just come right back up with no further effort required. Although, this does help quite a bit 12 turrets is a lot to destroy individually. 

Edit: After using the emp exclusively for the past two days, I feel the only thing the current emp is lacking as an item counter is range. The 8-9 second down time the turrents undergo is substantial (I'd still rather it destroy them outright, but this still works), but I know the emp is something many players, at least on pc, complain about. This is because it also shuts down mech weapon systems, due to this and the fact it was nerfed in the past, I feel a buff to range would not be a good idea, but it falls very short as an item counter. The range is no where near enough for even one persons turrents, you dont drop them right next to each other whenever you have time to plan there placement. 

Edited by (PS4)PsychoGenesis-, 18 April 2017 - 10:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users