• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Post players MMR on the scoreboard automatically.

• CrimsonKaim likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

This would accomplish nothing but more infighting and demoralization. I can get behind posting the server's MMR in the server list for informational reasons, but posting every single player's MMR is just going to lead to people calling those higher up pub-stompers and those lower down useless when in reality the server browser, matchmaking and population just can't build balanced games right now.

• Derpy Hooves likes this

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Yes but it would help new players on selecting games. Putting an end to pub stompers like me.

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

This would accomplish nothing but more infighting and demoralization. I can get behind posting the server's MMR in the server list for informational reasons, but posting every single player's MMR is just going to lead to people calling those higher up pub-stompers and those lower down useless when in reality the server browser, matchmaking and population just can't build balanced games right now.

Aye, 100% right, MMR is far far to fragile of a thing to go splashing around bashing on both sides of the line will happen if it's publically displayed. Showing the servers MMR that'd be helpful, though delays between players coming and going would need to be address, dunno if it's possible to do real time server list refreshes with the current backend. But it should be agreed that whenever MMR is questioned, theorized, talked about, shown, you name it trouble will follow in various forms.

tTIViUr.png

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Then show the servers average MMR for all who play. I would go with that.

• Erzunterweltler and Amidatelion like this

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Yes but it would help new players on selecting games. Putting an end to pub stompers like me.

Posting the MMR range with the average on a given server, sure, it would help new players find a suitable match if they are not relying on the auto-matcher.

But listing the MMR of each player individually?  Bad idea IMO, that path leads to pain, anger and suffering.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
I think there should be a ladder of some kind. It could show many things in relation to other players and it would give competitive players a place to go. Competitive players would play ladder, casual players would play pubs. We would need more players though.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Then show the servers average MMR for all who play. I would go with that.

Might be helpful, but isn't accurate with such a low population. If the +/- acceptable range between players can be a 500 point difference, an average won't be enough to know how fair the match will be. If a party were involved, it could have a 1500 MMR player, an 1800 MMR player, and a 2300 MMR player and that throws out average MMR accuracy right out the window.

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
Speaking from my perspective, I really wouldn't care if my me was posted. My mmr is pretty much at a constant 2100 because I focus on fun and not the kind of progression mmr promises. Plenty of people have told me I play like a 2400 player but I dunno if I believe that. I dunno, maybe playing for fun like I do ends up being scumbaggy when I do end up focusing hard. Well dang I officially feel bad now...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users