• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

I've noticed the chronic complaints about the inability to post messages from new folks (yes, i know it's a BaBa-Ji filter), and now I've noted if you don't spend 5 dollars in Steam you can't post anything on Hawken Steam forums.  WTF? 

Pay to Talk?

are you SERIOUS?

Personally, I feel you need to have a word with Steam. Or, sensibly, ditch them. They're the #1 thing i bypass when booting the game.

Really.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Steam has had that for a long time. If you only play free games then you cant post. Its a barrier to trolls. Any valid teen or older player will probably buy at least one game and i dont see it as a problem.

I think more games should at least require a cc payment method entered, even without purchasing, to prove that you are trustworthy enough to speak on their boards. Once speaking is unlocked with a cc it could then be removed from the wallet, but it permanently tags the account with a real name, so trolls arent completely anon if complaints are made.

Edited by 6ixxer, 29 April 2017 - 06:37 PM.

• claisolais and Bergwein like this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Unfortunately we live in a time where people abuse free accounts to spam fuzz that really only ruins online communities without good reason.

Edited by 6ixxer, 29 April 2017 - 06:36 PM.

• claisolais and EM1O like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Personally, I feel you need to have a word with Steam. 

Yeah because a minor-league game company that deals in used IPs is going to be able to do fuzz-all in regards to "talks" with the single most profitable gaming company on the fuzzing planet.  

Or, sensibly, ditch them. 

And replace them with what? Have you thought this out? I assume you did, since you wrote sensibly there. Since it doesn't seem sensible to me and the vast majority of people who play this game and use Steam, I assume you have some logic.

They're the #1 thing i bypass when booting the game.

Really.

Absofuzzinglutely no one cares. Is this where you rant about how Steam is bloatware, spyware, and other sundry accusations that haven't been true for over a decade?

We are nearing the third decade of this millenium, please do join us.

• claisolais and Rainbow_Sheep like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Yeah because a minor-league game company that deals in used IPs is going to be able to do fuzz-all in regards to "talks" with the single most profitable gaming company on the fuzzing planet.  

And replace them with what? Have you thought this out? I assume you did, since you wrote sensibly there. Since it doesn't seem sensible to me and the vast majority of people who play this game and use Steam, I assume you have some logic.

No replacement necessary. I load the client without Steam regularly.

Absofuzzinglutely no one cares. Is this where you rant about how Steam is bloatware, spyware, and other sundry accusations that haven't been true for over a decade?

i was pointing out a need to quit barring noobs from posting. and, granted Steam is bloatware, but this wasn't a rant--it was advice. be nice, dude. calm down, bro.

you starting to sound like me on Sunday nights

At least it's nice to get the #1 Upper Tier troll to participate.

Flame On.  You are so Cool, Amid. :)

Edited by EM1O, 29 April 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
People often FIND Hawken via steam.

I think it needs to be on steam to get exposure that they can't get on their own.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

We are nearing the third decade of this millenium, please do die soon you grief farming twat

Edited by ArchMech, 30 April 2017 - 02:03 AM.

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

New steam accounts are limited, this is to stop spammers and it works. That system has been in place for over 2 years, if people are only just now noticing it then they have never used the forums in 2+ years anyways. Its not hard for legit users to remove this limit by placing $5 in steam wallet (you don't even have to spend it), or owning basically 1 game.

https://support.stea...=3330-IAGK-7663

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

We don't have control over the Steam forums and this limit was not imposed by us. Sorry.

• Charcoal likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users