6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

with a total of 60 players.

EDIT:

This was crazy!  It was the only open match... like every player was in one server.  And it wasn't a bad thing.  

:'(

wishes for Oceanic population...

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

lesson learned. quit job and never leave hawken so i dont miss these again.

• JackVandal likes this

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Okay so my experience in the Weekend Warrior servers so far:

Normally I get about 92 ping tops on USE servers.  I'm assuming the WW server location is the same.

With about 20 something players, my ping hits like 116, at 32 players I was sitting at about 136 ping.  Going 32 to 50ish (the peak I saw in any of the matches) did actually increase my ping at all, as it hovered around 130-140 still.

The fps loss was pretty severe, I have a higher-end PC but was dropping into the 30's during fights.  If it's this bad at 50 players I don't know how much optimization passes or reducing my settings would help.

The lag was quite apparent, with hit registration appearing to suffer accordingly.  Honestly though, the lag wasn't nearly as bad as I'd expect playing with 50 other people on the other side of the country, although it was by no means good.  I'd like to see how things would be on USW or central servers for comparison.

I also noticed that the WW servers exacerbated some balance issues in Hawken, the game I played on Uptown was mostly reduced to everyone playing Incin/Gren and spamming at the choke points.  This is probably more the fault of the map though, which lives up to its moniker "choketown" and has always needed changes.  B class mechs seem to be slightly disadvantaged, C class obviously benefit from having enough hp to survive large engagements, and A class mechs get stronger any time hit reg gets worse.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

This event is now over. Thanks for playing!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users