• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
Alright I will begin, on a personal level I like it. The UI feels good, it's smooth, I noticed some ping spikes still but not too much lag when it happens.

The hit box is generally smaller but it's an FPS so imo just learn how to aim.

New internals I like the ideas, they give tactics and the new mechs aren't bad I haven't tried all of them but the ones I have are pretty good.

Some things might need to reworked if willing to do it, I noticed there is a vote kick system finally but the menu of the garage during map switching is gone and you automatically get put into that mech as is without being able to change, that could be a problem for people.

My final thoughts on scale of 1 through 5 I'll give it a 4. Needs some tweaks but still is fun.

Thank you to the dev team and everyone involved in finally giving this game a change and for those who don't like it cause you enjoyed a laggy buggy version no one is forcing you to play.
  • coldform, Miscellaneous, Meraple and 7 others like this

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

i agree.  3.5 of 5 for me on execution.  A LOT of new content and features.  As I said on another post,  get rid of mech web,  and bring back a proper garage.  bring back in-game chat window and post game chat.  And we need to be able to select primary weapons in-game.  i'm glad they added Co-op games in the main game menu.  I'd kindof like to see a populated game lobby indicator, for people trying to start a Siege or MA game.

BRAVO  on the new content and adding voice mic support.  Just needs a bit more polish.

• -Tj- likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
Well it's not like we didn't know what was gonna be coming. So if you played or seen console version this was expected, it's not bad, you just have to get use to it. I'm just happy it's smooth lol despite some hit reg being gone
  • Bad_BennyAK likes this

GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I played 30min. and hoenstly iam a bit sad.

- performance is much worse compared to before

- graphics looks washed out, not crisp&clear anymore and overall worse compared to before

- mechs feels slower now

- mouse smoothing should be deactivated as default, because it makes aiming a pain

- the UI is absolutly terrible, it was a lot better before

- no chat after a match, why is that? Thats one of the things i liked the most

Iam sorry to say this, but this patch actually made me think to leave hawken insteadt of giving hope for a new chance.

Galaxy Radio

Edited by GalaxyRadio, 24 May 2017 - 07:36 AM.

• Brother3J and popeco like this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

i give 0

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Memag

Memag

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

mn3bmTb.jpg

Edited by Memag, 24 May 2017 - 03:26 PM.

Ezodev

Ezodev

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

It feels like basic gameplay mechanics are slightly changed. Why, I don't know. They were fine. Now I can't hit fuzzy bunny with TOW's(what changed? explosion radious or speed or reload time? I don't even know)

FPS seems more consistent... but lower overall. So instead of dropping below 60 fps every few second, I have pretty consistent 23ms frame-draw time. Sometimes, for long periods of time it's normal sub 16ms. And then, without any apparent reason, it returns to these 23ms. Eh.

Server performance is worse than it was pre-update. Movement is at times very stuttery.

Is turncap changed?

Interface is confusing. Particularly strange is that old G2 Raider and new G2 Raider, completely different mechs, have the same name.

Many old items are removed. It would be nice if cash spent on them would be added back. Not long ago I've decided to buy all possible items on a few mechs to burn the useless HC. Now I don't have these items nor the HC and I couldn't buy all the new content, RIP.

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

- graphics looks washed out, not crisp&clear anymore and overall worse compared to before

Galaxy Radio

It can be fixed by re-enabling 'Deep of field' in video options

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

The performance seems a bit improved for me.

I'm still coming to grips with gameplay changes though, no real opinion yet.

It does feel like B class can dodge more easily, but C Class dodging has been nerfed?

• Nachoeslach likes this

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

The performance seems a bit improved for me.

I'm still coming to grips with gameplay changes though, no real opinion yet.

It does feel like B class can dodge more easily, but C Class dodging has been nerfed?

The dodge cooldowns are same or slower on all mechs but scout and g2 zerk as compared to before. Brawler in particular is up to 1.8 seconds, from 1.4.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

Epsilon_Knight

Epsilon_Knight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I played 30min. and hoenstly iam a bit sad.

- performance is much worse compared to before

- mechs feels slower now

- mouse smoothing should be deactivated as default, because it makes aiming a pain

- the UI is absolutly terrible, it was a lot better before

- no chat after a match, why is that? Thats one of the things i liked the most

Iam sorry to say this, but this patch actually made me think to leave hawken insteadt of giving hope for a new chance.

Galaxy Radio

I am on i5-4670K @ 4.0 GHz and 1080ti for daily gaming.  I was getting a terrible framerate on maps that weren't wreckage.

Try finding the "system" ini in your profile>documents>my games>hawken folder.  Might take some looking but I'm not in front of the gaming PC right now.  Change Volumetric Fog to FALSE.

Do not run LOD over 2.5, just don't.

Disable motion blur, depth of field, and lens flares, because performance impact aside, why the fuzz would you want to fuzz up your eyeballs with blur and glitter while fighting opponents?

Disable anti-aliasing post process, because it's not working right now.

Disable shadows if you can live without the competitive advantage the broke shadowing grants.

Many mechs ARE slower now.  Most of the ones that got slower, C classes, now have more health.

Not scout, that's for sure.  Maybe you should tell us the actual mechs you're having trouble with.  Although boost forward momentum was curtailed so that you stop more immediately in all mechs when you let off W.

Yes.

It needs work.

Post-match chat needs to come back.

COLORS

mittens800

mittens800

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I hate it.  This is trash now.  Feels like a windows vista game, playing with quake 3 graphics.

Mechanics are weird.  Everything feels slower and weird.  0/10 would not play again.

Yeah I know, takes time to adjust, but they made it noob friendly now, lowered the skill level needed.

YOU HAVE RUINED HAWKEN.

Splash damage so small now, what's the point.  Bots will have a field day using reaper and others...

Edited by mittens800, 24 May 2017 - 04:36 PM.

• Brother3J likes this

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I am on i5-4670K @ 4.0 GHz and 1080ti for daily gaming.  I was getting a terrible framerate on maps that weren't wreckage.

Try finding the "system" ini in your profile>documents>my games>hawken folder.  Might take some looking but I'm not in front of the gaming PC right now.  Change Volumetric Fog to FALSE.

Disable motion blur, depth of field, and lens flares, because performance impact aside, why the fuzz would you want to fuzz up your eyeballs with blur and glitter while fighting opponents?

Disable shadows if you can live without the competitive advantage the broke shadowing grants.

Many mechs ARE slower now.  Most of the ones that got slower, C classes, now have more health.

Not scout, that's for sure.  Maybe you should tell us the actual mechs you're having trouble with.  Although boost forward momentum was curtailed so that you stop more immediately in all mechs when you let off W.

Yes.

It needs work.

Post-match chat needs to come back.

COLORS

I don't doubt you,  but my main PC is down,  getting a 1080 Ti as well,  and liquid cooler.  has i7 4790, (4.0 - 4.4)  16g 2133 Ram, and Toshiba 500G SSD.

I am currently using my backup PC which is i5 6500 (3.2 - 3.6), 32 Gig DDR4, an old R9 280x Toxic,  and Samsung Evo 500+ SSD.

Framerates averaging in the 50s  with the occasional dip,  and that's on HIGH settings, not Ultra.   

I'd make sure drivers are up to date,  should be getting better with that card. 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

I don't know why you assume i was using all those options, because i played competitive and had all effects deactivated, never used it, too distracting.

And from that perspective, the performance got worse, only good thing is, that fps never drops, i tested it yesterday again. With that in mind its maybe better that way instead of less gpu utilization then a few drops. I'll test later again, if 4K Performance is still the same, i was testing only 1080p on my 4K screen for now, so i could give a friend a view about the general performance.

Since i got a much better game with Paladins right now (because of incredible big population), iam going to wait until the soft launch is fixed and Hawken has at least above 5000 daily players.

Galaxy Radio 

• Brother3J likes this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I was able to get on for a half-hour or so yesterday, and so far I think it's pretty neat. 

Pro's

-Gameplay feels smoother overall(Performance-wise)

-Personally, I like the new color scheme of the menus, but still doesn't hold a candle to the old UI.

-I played with the Kerby for a bit, and it seems pretty fun, but you need a lot of exposure to deal damage, which is bad for a light mech.

-I got to keep my 9 G2 Raiders.

-Rank 6 legacy mechs let you unlock their G2 counterparts without having to buy a standard mech.

Con's

-Ripples-yel camo is ruined

Spoiler

-Maps(Wreckage specifically) seem darker lighting-wise

-Mech Web & Grid do not support a lot of mechs very well. 

-Mechs feel a lot more sluggish

-Hitboxes are bit small, hitreg is bad, or both

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

FunkMaster67

FunkMaster67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Love everything but the hitboxes to small or hitreg is bad.

Yehovah

Yehovah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

shoot no hit

hit no blip

blip no kill

kill no blip

beepbeepbeep blip

select mech no chat

match select mech press scoreboard cant go back to select

postmatch no chat

last match chat no show next match

match garage no chat

teamsay = public chat

tab out of game screen will freeze game

sky is polluted

• Amidatelion, Brother3J, FunkMaster67 and 1 other like this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Howken poems by Yehovah...

Edited by 6ixxer, 25 May 2017 - 01:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users