- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

epos95

epos95

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Soooooo, does anyone know how to check ones competitive ranking? I kinda wanna compare me and my friends e-peener not stare at the top 8s massive e-peeners :/

• Gueber likes this

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Soooooo, does anyone know how to check ones competitive ranking? I kinda wanna compare me and my friends e-peener not stare at the top 8s massive e-peeners :/

as long as you acknowledge that they're massive

• Rainbow_Sheep, Gueber, 6ixxer and 1 other like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

http://hawken.heroku...ser/Amidatelion

Name a mech PublicMMR and replace my name in that link with yours.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

can't you ask scrimbot in game any more?

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

as far as i know your comp ranking is a one time thing for each season. this is determined by the first game you play for the season. this kinda blows that you cant climb rank after that. first game i played was 5v4 in the other teams favor with the usual awful match making. 5 vets on the other team vs me and 2 noobies with 100 ping and a C class sitting in turret mode and i joined the last 5 minutes of the game. i went 4 and 5 and had an awful first game. on the flip side this opens the system to being rigged. whats to stop me and some other omnis from partying up for a new season and just flexing on noobs the first game we play? overall i think its flawed as is. if you could climb the board then those problems would go away. which you should since you can climb any other leaderboard in the history of online games.

of course if your talking about mmr you can just add scrimbot to your friends list in game and start a chat with it. type mmr for mmr and srd for sever mmr average.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Wait so as my mmr increases I can't make it into the top 8 on the leaderboards? Assuming my mmr gets high enough to be on there.. I lost a little over 150mmr from my first match and my competitive ranking is diamond whatever it is.. I dunno all this leaderboard mmr competitive ranking stuff is confusing me.

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

no

Wait so as my mmr increases I can't make it into the top 8 on the leaderboards? Assuming my mmr gets high enough to be on there.. I lost a little over 150mmr from my first match and my competitive ranking is diamond whatever it is.. I dunno all this leaderboard mmr competitive ranking stuff is confusing me.

nope its one and done for that season. your comp rank isnt your current mmr though it just takes it into consideration when giving you your comp ranking. also on console you can scroll down the list into the 100s so well see if they update it for pc later

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

no

nope its one and done for that season. 

wait wut?

If my first match is out of region with 300 ping I will most likely tank my rating for months?

noooo, my e-peen.

Ornual

Ornual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

as far as i know your comp ranking is a one time thing for each season. this is determined by the first game you play for the season. this kinda blows that you cant climb rank after that. first game i played was 5v4 in the other teams favor with the usual awful match making. 5 vets on the other team vs me and 2 noobies with 100 ping and a C class sitting in turret mode and i joined the last 5 minutes of the game. i went 4 and 5 and had an awful first game. on the flip side this opens the system to being rigged. whats to stop me and some other omnis from partying up for a new season and just flexing on noobs the first game we play? overall i think its flawed as is. if you could climb the board then those problems would go away. which you should since you can climb any other leaderboard in the history of online games.

of course if your talking about mmr you can just add scrimbot to your friends list in game and start a chat with it. type mmr for mmr and srd for sever mmr average.

You can go up in rank though it is rather silly and next to impossible to get anywhere. I played quite a few games yesterday xbone side, I think I gained 3 points at random times during that period? But left two games due to it being a pre-set team of vets vs 1 vet/map I didn't feel like playing , (since it feels like Eco and Bazaar for days now ) and a third time I simply lagged out, went down 25+ points from that. 

PC/Xbone Hawken player. Community Organizer for the Hawken Community Xbox group (2100+ members and counting).                                                                                          

Controller FPS controls over Keyboards any day!                                      

N8GCbTB.png

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

MQsescU.jpg

It's possible to go up in rank. It does not seem to change much for the most part, but that might just be the MMR stabilizing at a player's skill level like before the update. It seems like they just shifted the entire scale down by 150, but they might have changed the mechanics somewhere. I'm not sure how they get the statistic for competitive rating — it's somewhat close but never consistent with my actual MMR, and the leaderboard competitive rating doesn't seem be completely synced to the service award competitive rating.

Judging from the leaderboards, here are some estimated lower bounds for the different pvp ranks in competitive rating —

Diamond      1651   (1801 MMR pre-howken)

Platinum      1555

Gold III        1505

Gold II         1455

Gold I          1401

Silver III       1355

Silver II        1301

Silver I         1255

Bronze III     1005

Bronze II        511

— then the leaderboard ends at a little more than 2000 listed pilots. I assume Bronze I goes the rest of the way to 0. There are a few people below the cutoffs that have the higher ranked badge, so once you get a rank badge, seems like you can't lose it.

PSA: Use the arrow keys to scroll through the leaderboard, the scroll wheel doesn't work properly

Edited by sabrehawk90, 25 May 2017 - 09:55 AM.

2XhpJes.png

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

CZeroFive-05/18/2017

Bronze I 0% [0,499]
Bronze II 0.01% [500,999]
Bronze III 0.06% [1000, 1249]
Silver I [1278,1327] 30% [1250,1299]
Silver II [1328,1353] 50% [1300,1349]
Silver III [1354,1384] 60% [1350,1399]
Gold I [1385,1422] 70% [1400,1449]
Gold II [1423,1484] 80% [1450,1499]
Gold III [1485,1542] 90% [1500,1549]
Platinum [1543,1649] 95% Ranked Decay [1550,1649]
Diamond [1650+] 99% Ranked Decay [1650+]

that's ranking name, current MMR range, percentage of players at that rating (So Diamond is top 1% of players), and adjusted seasonal MMR after placement

Edited by Gueber, 25 May 2017 - 10:47 AM.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

*snip*

Huh, that's strange. I looked at the leaderboards and there were some people a couple competitive rating points above those cutoffs cz stated that still had the badge of the lower rank.

Yeah, for example, there's someone with a 1553 that's still Gold III. Maybe it's because the leaderboard competitive rating isn't synced with the one displayed on the service award progress bar?

Edited by sabrehawk90, 25 May 2017 - 10:58 AM.

2XhpJes.png

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

the MMR is glitched it hasn't even gone up 00.01 even after game after game of 450+ score so I don't know what the fuzzy bunny is going on

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

the MMR is glitched it hasn't even gone up 00.01 even after game after game of 450+ score so I don't know what the fuzzy bunny is going on

The only possibility I see regarding people's MMR woes is that whatever database or algorithm that handles these things is currently fuzzing itself from the influx and it will need time to normalize.  

That or it is, in fact, completely busted.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Doubt it stays static the entire season. Mine used to be 2459, now it's up to 2461. Perhaps it takes snapshots every so often? Also, for those that don't know, scrolling down (to view more leaderboard placements) can be accomplished by hovering over the box itself and moving the mouse wheel. Wasn't obvious since there are no scroll bar indicators.

By the way, fix the typo with the explore maps infobox.

TpsOr7F.png

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

It seems to be very hard to move it after the initial ranking. First game decides your fate, that's kinda shitty.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users