* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I just wanted to Hawken today... please please PLEASE tell me that the update hasnt made Hawken unable to run on my system...

11uaqn7.jpg

Edited by Etherealrich, 24 May 2017 - 09:57 AM.

• diablo878 likes this

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Ps. just seen a fair few people getting this over on the steam forums....hopefully not something just on my system then

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Hi there,

When I started up my Hawken after updating it via steam I was getting a Crash Dialog with "Failed to find file for package WinDrv for async preloading".

After deleting all old .ini files I ran into this exact problem like you.

I am currently trying to reinstall all redistributables and then verify steam files.

I'll edit this post when verifying has finished and let you know if I was able to make it run.

Edit: Nothing worked, maybe it is a graphics card problem...

You don't happen to own a toaster pc like me, do you? :teehee:

EditNo2:

RIP Hawken on my PC:

[0: 000.315] Warning: Warning, Command line -d3d11 set, but D3D11 is not supported on this machine.

Edited by Sorroritas, 24 May 2017 - 11:11 PM.

• Nachoeslach and Etherealrich like this

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

GIGARS

GIGARS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Same here. Reported.

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Repeated failure to launch on all mechs, game runs in a small box in the middle of a big black screen, changing resolution just re-scales the new resolution to the small box in the middle of the black screen, when i can launch mech the floors of the map are transparent, game crashes repeatedly - even on potato settings.

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

TangledMantis, what video card are you running?  Someone with an HD4000 integrated graphics setup reported something similar with the terrain being invisible.

• TangledMantis likes this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Hi there,

When I started up my Hawken after updating it via steam I was getting a Crash Dialog with "Failed to find file for package WinDrv for async preloading".

I am currently trying to reinstall all redistributables and then verify steam files.
I'll edit this post when verifying has finished and let you know if I was able to make it run.

i was also experiencing this
resolvable by removing the "read only" attribute from the config files/folder's properties
\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config

check the folder properties of "config" and turn off read only from there, apply to all subfolders/files 

redacted part due to being incorrect filepath

(incorrect:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\Engine\Config)

correction:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config

THIS config folder may ALSO be read only 

Edited by ArchMech, 24 May 2017 - 12:52 PM.

• diablo878 likes this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

ArchMech, that fixed the "not launching" problem for you?

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

ArchMech, that fixed the "not launching" problem for you?

i got past hawken failing to initialize yes, i have not progressed past the login screen yet as i came to report in

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

i have successfully logged in

also worth noting that this bug will also cause the autoreporter to crash while looking for the .ini that are causing the crash of hawken in the first place, to dump into a log file, forcing me to end process from task manager to continue testing of this matter, as steam will not relaunch hawken (it thinks the auto reporter IS hawken, it technically is a part of it)

i consider this matter resolved, put out a PSA that "read only" access is game breaking for soft launch, make sure that even if they only applied "read only" to a single .ini, they should still undo "read only" from the folder properties

Edited by ArchMech, 24 May 2017 - 12:26 PM.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

https://hawken.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

"emphasis on correction instead of prevention"

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Hi there,

Toaster confirmed haha, well, it is in regards to graphics...however looks like there is hope! i will have to reinstall the files now.... ;) 

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Toaster confirmed haha, well, it is in regards to graphics...however looks like there is hope! i will have to reinstall the files now.... ;) 

wait theres hope

• Etherealrich likes this

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

TangledMantis, what video card are you running?  Someone with an HD4000 integrated graphics setup reported something similar with the terrain being invisible.

Intel HD 4000 graphics. Aside from rendering inside a box surrounded by a black border, the menus and login screens run smoothly at low settings - on maps there is no floor and game crashing happens pretty quickly after launching mech.

Nolo24

Nolo24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Intel  HD 3000 graphics don't work either :(

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

get yourselves an i5 4440, intel 4600

works just fine

Nachoeslach

Nachoeslach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Meaning that Hawken no longer works on low performance or old graphics? Maybe because they do not update drivers, or it may also be that the graphics are not fully compatible with Directx11, how sad :(

Edited by Nachoeslach, 26 May 2017 - 07:59 AM.

Administrator on "Hawken en Español" (Facebook)

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Doesn't 'cooking' refer to the compiled unreal texture files? looks like the texture pack is referring to a location in the compiled texture file that is wrong.

I would have guessed that the texture file is bad and needs replacing.

I'd get rid of any ini changes and get Steam to check the game files.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

I just wanted to Hawken today... please please PLEASE tell me that the update hasnt made Hawken unable to run on my system...

11uaqn7.jpg

i tried replicating this under the pretense that somehow an .ini needed for cooking was part of a config folder that had become read only

i was unable to replicate since all my .ini's were repaired when i resolved the windrv async preloading due to config folder read only attribute

i did however find .ini's and folders related to cooking that i hadn't seen be4 the first 2017 patch

specifically at this filepath:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config\PCServer\Cooked

worth looking into

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

im having issues keeping the config folder as unchecked 'read only...it keeps reverting back to read only, how do i get about this?

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

The read-only attribute on a folder does not work like it sounds like. Windows is a bit strange in that regard.

The read-only attribute on files though works as it should. So as long as the files in the config folder aren't set to read-only you should be fine.

This blogpost might be of help.

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Thanks for the info, unfortunately i still get the same error, though non of the files have the read only set...ive tried restarting, reinstalling, even using one of those attribute changing softwares...no luck.

C4nniball

C4nniball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

i was also experiencing this
resolvable by removing the "read only" attribute from the config files/folder's properties
\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config

check the folder properties of "config" and turn off read only from there, apply to all subfolders/files 

redacted part due to being incorrect filepath

(incorrect:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\Engine\Config)

correction:C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config

THIS config folder may ALSO be read only 

35ibrf8.png

It worked for this error too..

JSFeliciano

JSFeliciano

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Booted up fine ... Chose to sync my account ... Then I got a "failed to connect to storm server" message and now im left at an empty garage with no way to exit the game other than force closing.  Every time I boot up I get the storm server error now.

tektzby

tektzby

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Same here, running reinstal now.

Hopefully it will help (but from some post what i read already I am really scared what they did to our beloved game) :nuke:

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Thanks for the info, unfortunately i still get the same error, though non of the files have the read only set...ive tried restarting, reinstalling, even using one of those attribute changing softwares...no luck.

What graphics card are you using?

It might not support DX11 like mine.

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

What graphics card are you using?

It might not support DX11 like mine.

this was my fear, it is an intel HD graphics...no idea how to find out what exactly the model is, if there is a more specific piece of info on  the make

i know its not exactly the best gaming set up, but it was certainly use able and stable before the update on low settings

Edited by Etherealrich, 25 May 2017 - 01:03 PM.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

control panel - display - advanced setting

whatever it says in adapter type is more then enough info

arcanerx

arcanerx

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

:ohmy: I have got the same general error as you since the PC soft update.  :wallbash:

GIGARS

GIGARS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I tried all but no success.

Graphics card on my failed Hawken PC is ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series. Not DX11 Compatible :(

Everything works fine on new PC. The problem is that my children and wife are using it so the schedule is very tight.

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

probably our drivers cant support dx11...as a side point, was this made clear that the update would be using dx11 and so rendering some players completely unabled to play their beloved game? perhaps i missed it in the update threads...what a shame though, this was my favourite game, and i had put more than a couple of £s into it over the last year, though thankfully not hundreds like some players

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

So after fiddling with redistributable packages, drivers and the like I stumbled across a tool that will let my potato graphics card run DX11 by software emulation.

With it I was able to at least start Hawken up and link my legacy account to my steam account (with around 5 fps in the garage, mind you!)

Problem though is that strain on the CPU will be very high because it takes over, so no idea how performance will be for others.

Edit: With nepacaka's Plastic-Hawken-Settings I managed to get up to 15 fps. But my cpu gets super hot so I guess I'll give up on playing Hawken on my Toaster PC and will switch to my Laptop.

Edited by Sorroritas, 26 May 2017 - 03:29 AM.

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

hmmm, tempting to try it, but as the only laptop i have that could even run hawken previously is my work laptop, i cant afford doing anything that may damage it...ill keep checking back on the forums over the update period just in case there is a work around but if the update runs on dx11 and my driver simply isnt up to it, i guess im hanging up my guns on hawken

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

ps...just an update, i ran dxdiag and it seems i do in fact have dx11 on my system, so...i am running 64 bit dx11, perhaps there is (again i say this)...hope  :teehee:

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi, I got the same problem in my laptop. It just crash on my Intel HD graphics family :D 

Fatal error!

Address = 0x13d799ce (filename not found) 
Address = 0xb9976680 (filename not found) 
Address = 0x72fd1e0  (filename not found) 
Address = 0x72fd1e0  (filename not found)

Etherealrich

Etherealrich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

are you able to run dx11 reliant games?

Skaldwulf

Skaldwulf

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have experienced the exact same problem  SecretSociety  reported. Ill keep tracking this thred to see if something comes up.

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

if you are running integrated intel graphics, you should probably try downloading and installing intel driver update utility 2.7 from intel, woops scratch that 2.8 now, and see if that comes up with any graphics driver updates, if you don't already have this, i recommend.

https://downloadcent...-Update-Utility

Edited by ArchMech, 26 May 2017 - 02:18 PM.

SecretSociety

SecretSociety

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

My drivers are already updated and I think it support Dx 11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users