• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Hello. It has come to my attention that there are some who are suggesting that testers and me in particular are to blame for the current hitbox issues so allow me to air out why that isn't the case. 

1. The hitboxes on early versions of the test were actually huge (much bigger than old hawken hitboxes) and this was agreed upon by all testers and tested thoroughly.

2. The hitbox changes that were brought to the test were not perfect (I tested them extensively). I reported these issues. 

3. The servers for the test version were much smoother than the current servers, thus making small (regular size) hitboxes not as much of an issue. We had no way to tell that the servers would be garbage again upon release. 

4. I am not a developer and neither are any of the testers. We signed no contracts and made no changes to the game code.

5. I'm just as upset about the hitboxes as you guys are. If you haven't noticed I've left the game for good. (For many reasons but that's one)

If you still blame me/the other testers for the current issues then so be it. I just felt that it was necessary to air my side of the story. 

Good luck to you all. 

Merl

• Meraple, claisolais, Amidatelion and 3 others like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

ok

Edited by Silverfire, 06 June 2017 - 09:33 AM.

• Miscellaneous and talons1337 like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
Come back bby I'll tell them to put a server in Alaska so we can have a 20ping merlums
  • dorobo and WillyW like this

talons1337

talons1337

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

.,adPPYba,..88...,d8.
a8"....."8a.88.,a8"..
8b.......d8.8888[....
"8a,...,a8".88`"Yba,.
.`"YbbdP"'..88...`Y8a

Edited by talons1337, 06 June 2017 - 10:02 AM.

When in doubt, attack your own team. You will still get points for it!

5Fv3Gsb.jpg

NBv9U8X.gif

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
uhm

Alrighty.
  • Charcoal likes this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

hellc9943

hellc9943

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

U78FPAi.png

• MomOw and Broham78 like this

Festivals end, as festivals must

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

am i missing something here?

;)

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

You think you can just leave the ride?

dcb49f53fa.png

• dorobo, Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and 6 others like this

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

You think you can just leave the ride?

dcb49f53fa.png

that was a disturbing post....

Edited by angryhampster, 06 June 2017 - 11:09 AM.

• dorobo, claisolais and DingdongJR like this

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Bye Merl lets meet back here in 1 years if the servers are still up!

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

cool cool

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

no, please don't leave us...  we will miss you.  i fear  you'll be gone for good.  we will hold on and fall to what is left. 

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Somehow, I always knew Merl was to blame for this mess.
  • dorobo, DerMax, Miscellaneous and 6 others like this

wmmoney.png

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts
Blame me blame me. I wanted smaller hitboxes to prove to u I can miss because I hack. :D

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

You're just the community's scapegoat, so of course you're to blame Merl, but that doesn't mean you have to leave. If it was me personally, I would own up to it even if it wasn't true just to see all the puppets dance. I mean, why would you let something so special go to waste?

The servers for the test version were much smoother than the current servers, thus making small (regular size) hitboxes not as much of an issue. We had no way to tell that the servers would be garbage again upon release.

Go figure. Of course there is a perfect version of Hawken on a closed loop that the devs played and had access to that ultimately changed the meta for the worse. I wonder if anyone had said, "Before coming to any conclusion for consideration on changes, keep in mind that the servers you'll be playing on will be better than the ones for public use."

I'm just as upset about the hitboxes as you guys are. If you haven't noticed I've left the game for good. (For many reasons but that's one)

I'm not mad about the hitboxes, but you were probably referring to actual Hawken players.  :tongue:

What, did you realize precision aiming wasn't up your alley or that the beloved speedy shoot'n'scoot has always been misappropriated and can be countered fairly easily? lol

I don't think anybody really cares 'that' much about value changes that can be changed again, with their dramatic "OMG! They killed Hawken! Ahhh! I'm outraged!" fake outrage, but, I do believe the devs will need to use more discernment in their decision-making, and perhaps get a better foothold on the fundamentals of the game, soon - probably the latter, first.

• Charcoal likes this

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Blame me blame me. I wanted smaller hitboxes to prove to u I can miss because I hack. :D

The new hacks will be missing to prove one does not hack. #2018bettastrongafasta

wmmoney.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

What, did you realize precision aiming wasn't up your alley or that the beloved speedy shoot'n'scoot has always been misappropriated and can be countered fairly easily? lol

What the actual fuzz are you on

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Is this a response  to a thread on a forum most of us don't have access to?

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Is this a response  to a thread on a forum most of us don't have access to?

Discord.

• Charcoal likes this

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

precision aiming

cf0cc852-b1d3-45d3-8e3d-33e41d1bf0ae_1.d

Edited by devotion, 06 June 2017 - 10:27 PM.

• Elite_is_salty, Miscellaneous, Amidatelion and 5 others like this

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

hohoho, your skill hack is  annoying. the smaller hit boxes is a good thing  if the hit boxes was as merl say they where scouts and infiltrators and mechs like civ would have a field day  and  i still stand by all testers are A and B class mech users  :ninja: .  i'm sure the devs are head deep in code right now fixing the bugs, as i scroll to pick a mech i want to use for tdm i dont have many mechs at all with this 2 by 3 scrolling down trying to find a mech to level isnt annoying at all  :rolleyes: . i still have faith that this game will be fixed this year  :thumbsup:

Edited by William_Adama, 06 June 2017 - 10:49 PM.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

PXtRzB.gif

• DieselCat likes this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

precision aiming

Im pretty sure he uses xbone elite controller, not a 360. He can hold his own against PC mouse aimers too.

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Im pretty sure he uses xbone elite controller, not a 360. He can hold his own against PC mouse aimers too.

What are you suggesting?

Because I don't see any turbo mods on that controller.

ReversusRex

ReversusRex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
Don't leave Merlin. You will inspire imitators and milk this game's sad player base.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Don't leave Merlin. You will inspire imitators and milk this game's sad player base.

I have to agree with this. Not sure on your reasons Merl but you shouldn't leave the game when we are entering an age of great change. While I have been critical of your online persona - I know that's not really who you are - when streaming it would be a shame to toss the last few years of dedication to this game regardless of who is hating on you. Haters gonna hate afterall, you can't control that and are in fact handing them a victory. Rise up like the great city state of Japan in defense of this planet from the Malev threat.

Edited by WmMoneyFrmMissouri, 07 June 2017 - 05:57 AM.

• ReversusRex likes this

wmmoney.png

Leghorn10314

Leghorn10314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

HIT BOXES - smaller means we try harder, but the bots still get near-perfect aim even with a lob-type weapon - or maybe the players got Bigger Hit Boxes?

Some nights it feels that way.

I realized early on that (in my brain it was sprite collisions) were tighter and aim had to be better; I also started playing co-op bouts and soon realized the bots are really good at low HP dodging/evasion, and the shooy/dodge/shoot/repeat tactic, which was new to me.

Also I've seen things I thought I would never see:

a CR-T with an AR for a Primary and an SMG cannon for a Secondary!  How is that done????

A gunslinger mech!

An electric mech!

It's a Brave New World out there, recruit!

So: GL HF!

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

The new hitboxes definitely turned the challenge level up a notch for all the hitscan users out there.

Aiming tighter and towards the center of mass is really the main change to try to account for it.

Also everyone still needs to give themselves time to adjust to having 3 different types of AC's instead of 1.

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Problem is the size of the hit boxes on an A class mech who is bouncing all over the world with no way to hit. This mech was already hard to kill before the programmers of this wonderful game made it near impossible to kill.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Problem is the size of the hit boxes on an A class mech who is bouncing all over the world with no way to hit. This mech was already hard to kill before the programmers of this wonderful game made it near impossible to kill.

Jesus, Puma. There aren't that many places for a a-class with or without airdodge to end up. You can direct a shot to where they'll stop if you can figure out where they're going. The smaller hit boxes reduce spray and pray and random luck. I learned this, you can too....

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Jesus, Puma. There aren't that many places for a a-class with or without airdodge to end up. You can direct a shot to where they'll stop if you can figure out where they're going. The smaller hit boxes reduce spray and pray and random luck. I learned this, you can too....

If we are shooting them in the face it shouldn't just pass threw them like a ghost. This is not fine and we shouldn't have to compensate for hitbox not being were it should be.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
Yeah, that's hitreg, not hit box. I have hitreg issues too.

Puma's been on a campaign against a classes for a while tho and I cannot see why he hadn't learned to hit them yet.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Remove the mech the game improves vastly.  We tried it.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Supposedly they have a patch to revert hitboxes to the original size but they have been sitting on it all month, don't know what the hold up is to roll-out a critical fix if it's ready.

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users