- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Leghorn10314

Leghorn10314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

This is a new mode for me, as is the co-op bot match; the TDM are a lot of fun and offer a good way to grind a new mech. It seems the longer you stay on a server, the more the bots adjust to you. Also I have noticed and tested their remarkable ability to only dodge After I shoot my TOW, especially when they are in double-digit HPs; I tested by shooting my TOW  repeatedly at one target, by holding down the fire button; every shot missed because the mech dodged after the shot was fired and before it reached.

Then I repeatedly tested firing erratically with just the TOW at a single target, and that proved to me they can see every TOW shot and can dodge faster than the TOW can reach them. I do not like to play a melee-type mech, so this bot ability to dodge TOWs is frustrating. The only hits I get at mid-range and beyond are misses so bad they strike another mech, or shots that they jump into -rare.

Also even though their loadouts never show evasive or boost devices, when their HPs are low, double digits or less, they become amazing ballerinas who I cannot kill/even hit; they not only dodge, but perform advanced maneuvers that should need special equipment. If they have those abilities we ought to see their internals that create them.

I enjoy their ability to play as a unit; if I get behind them, they don't see me until I hit them. Also the game openings are stale as they never change in co-op TDM; Prosk is always them at the bridge just as I reach the tower and launch an EMP; 5-0 consistently; Wreckage, they are always behind the stacked containers in the center, etc.

I haven't figured out how bot mech types are chosen; I assume fairly randomly but the mixes are great and the extra paint/holos are awesome.

I've also been hunted down for a revenge kill by a bot - that was totally cool!

Finally, I've noticed they sometimes gain a vertical ability; they can ascend from ground to AA top almost instantly; this happened in two different games; both times it was very crowded, and I died either as it happened or just after, so it could simply be a video glitch, but they practically teleported.

Still, once the games progress to midpoint the combats are really fun and offer a great place to learn/unlearn skills and practice up on a new mech. I like this game type a lot!

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

that's good.

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Agreed.   It's invaluable when testing a new mech or setup... and you don't want to wade into PVP combat untested!  Co-op TDM really gives you a solid team and a bit more breathing room to focus on your setup,  skills,  and tactics. 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

... every shot missed because the mech dodged after the shot was fired and before it reached.

Then I repeatedly tested firing erratically with just the TOW at a single target, and that proved to me they can see every TOW shot and can dodge faster than the TOW can reach them. I do not like to play a melee-type mech, so this bot ability to dodge TOWs is frustrating.

Two things:  one predict where they will dodge and put the tow there; two, they have to cooldown after a dodge like any other mech, so they're not going to step out of the blast. 

You ARE command-detonating your TOWs to catch them in the burst, right?

The thing that bothers me isn't that they can dodge my shots (they mostly can't), it's that they can all decide to shoot ME (and don't miss), so I have to use cover more than I might in an actual TDM, limiting my shot opportunities.  They also don't move like real players.  I think the bots can do some interesting maneuvers, but they're not what a human would do.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

They also don't move like real players.  I think the bots can do some interesting maneuvers, but they're not what a human would do.

To me it looks like they have a number of predefined jump paths that they can take, and those paths don't seem to animate in the same way that a player would be able to do them.

I've seen some bots jump from the inside to the rim of the bunker bunker, for example, in a way that I'm not sure a player can even physically do.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

_Valefor_

_Valefor_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

When I first tried co-op TDM, it felt way too easy. A few weeks later and it is much more difficult and the fights are more intense. I love it and I think they did a great job with this mode. I do wish there was a difficulty setting though for the sake of practicing. Of course that would most likely make sense in a solo mode.

jdjlpf

jdjlpf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Yeah, it feels like they ramped up the difficulty for coop tdm... I can understand this given they have those new daily rewards, and want it to be as challenging as possible for the player to achieve said rewards. Honestly I feel they should tone it down just a little... Something in between how it used to be and how it is now. It feels like the bots have aim-bot hacks on now... :( Not to mention, the ping advantage... As for the bots on your side, they still feel so dumbed down! I played as a tech once and they took forever to kill! Also the bots were able to take me out super fast due to the freaking lock-on aimbot!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users