• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
I'm tired of getting destroyed by bots that outright replace mine. In a head to head competition, they'll always have the advantage unless I jump or doubleteam them. Is 505 going to make them unique like the G2-Assault, or is the battlefield doomed to be dominated by carbon fiber sickness?

fez

fez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Good question.  I want the G2 assault because it's different, not because it's statistically better.  I would feel better about G2 being completely different weapon loadouts instead of a lazy +% increase in stats.

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
I know they said they wanted to make the G2's something other than a straight upgrade, but don't hold your breath.

Even if they have decide what that "something" is, it will probably be ages before they get around to it, and it is probably pretty damn low on the priority list right now. And it should be, considering how much stuff they got to do right now.

Frankly the G2 stat upgrades USUALLY aren't really game breaking so you'll almost always come out on top if you're better anyways. Also, if you're getting the drop on people or engaging with a numbers advantage, you're already a cut above the rest so good job.

TLDR: get used to it

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

I know they said they wanted to make the G2's something other than a straight upgrade, but don't hold your breath.

Even if they have decide what that "something" is, it will probably be ages before they get around to it, and it is probably pretty damn low on the priority list right now. And it should be, considering how much stuff they got to do right now.

Frankly the G2 stat upgrades USUALLY aren't really game breaking so you'll almost always come out on top if you're better anyways. Also, if you're getting the drop on people or engaging with a numbers advantage, you're already a cut above the rest so good job.

It isn't game breaking, but it irks me that my meat wall has been replaced by a larger meat wall. The G2 Brawler with Heavy Armor and Composite Armor should be able to eat bullets while still retaining some speed, methinks...

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Not for a while, until the game is fixed. And then the questions becomes "how do you do this fairly" especially for people that paid real money for it. They've jammed themselves into a P2W corner.

The one that irritated me the most on console was the G2 Berserker. Enough health that a burst combo that wipes them out of the sky no longer works and so when I'm already turning away to deal with someone else because I "know" that TOW is going to kill it, it survives.  

Also G2 Brawler because lol.  And a couple of others. But the G2 Berserker is the big irritant, imo.

• DieselCat and WillyW like this

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
I'm enjoying the G2 maurader. All the new internal combos to play with, sexy new fuel tank... tentacles. What's not to love. When it gets easier to swap out parts quality of life on Illal gonna improve dramatically.

wmmoney.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
I'd suggest again the best way to fix it is have diamond-tier servers where g2 mechs can be used.
  • DieselCat likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Reloaded retooling G2s to be a direct upgrade to G1s is a brilliant case study of how bad design choices can grow exponentially worse the longer you keep them.

Some future historian will uncover Reloaded's internal documents relating to the implementation of "G2 > G1" and will correctly recognize it as a monument to man's arrogance.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 08 June 2017 - 11:30 AM.

• Miscellaneous, claisolais, talons1337 and 6 others like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Reloaded retooling G2s to be a direct ugprade to G1s is a brilliant case study of how bad design choices can grow exponentially worse the longer you keep them.

Some future historian will uncover Reloaded's internal documents relating to the implementation of "G2 > G1" and will correctly recognize it as a monument of man's arrogance.

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

The one that irritated me the most on console was the G2 Berserker. Enough health that a burst combo that wipes them out of the sky no longer works and so when I'm already turning away to deal with someone else because I "know" that TOW is going to kill it, it survives.  

A thought: is this akin to the cosmetics debate?  Being able to change mech parts, mainly the torso, confuses some people.  But, it's also easy enough to figure out what the thing is anyway.  Likewise, many mechs having an identical duplicate that is just plain better confuses some people.  But, it's also easy enough to figure out what the thing is anyway.

The only difference is that noobs fall for the cosmetics but experienced/old players fall for the G2s as well.

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

if we stay together we die, if we spread out, we win.

• ReversusRex likes this

IhazBigPoobs

IhazBigPoobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

The only reason you're complaining is hax.  And of course we all want to believe they don't exist.  Then you pay  a couple buck and pay for a cheat on a one day subscription and realize your suspicions were warranted.

So what, comp play makes you record your matches, they don't make you show what processes are running in the background.

Bottom line, with this hit box being all messed up it gimps legit players even more than those with an auto trigger jerks messing everything up.

I've got 4 other accounts between 1.25 and 1.45 kdr and this account I got every single mech with Test bots, so I started fresh with 0 kdr and owned every mech at the start of this new chapter.  Granted I haven't played a ton but I'm I'm .71 kdr right now.

Just saying, you don't address your cheats you're done.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

The only reason you're complaining is hax.  And of course we all want to believe they don't exist.  Then you pay  a couple buck and pay for a cheat on a one day subscription and realize your suspicions were warranted.

So what, comp play makes you record your matches, they don't make you show what processes are running in the background.

Bottom line, with this hit box being all messed up it gimps legit players even more than those with an auto trigger jerks messing everything up.

I've got 4 other accounts between 1.25 and 1.45 kdr and this account I got every single mech with Test bots, so I started fresh with 0 kdr and owned every mech at the start of this new chapter.  Granted I haven't played a ton but I'm I'm .71 kdr right now.

Just saying, you don't address your cheats you're done.

What the actual fuzz are you talking about

• TheButtSatisfier and Shade__ like this

IhazBigPoobs

IhazBigPoobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

You don't get it?  Really?

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I don't get it either. The last time I saw a cheater, an actual one not someone who bads think are, was before the patch. Like probably a month or two before the patch.
  • WillyW likes this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

IhazBigPoobs

IhazBigPoobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Ok Grass, you're talking about unabated, don't give a fuzzy bunny , I'm gonna jump and leap and dodge and never miss a shot mid air  with my sniper shiz right?  I'm going to let the hack move my char to the next target automatically.

You're not talking about the guys that once their mouse hovers over a target your gun goes off ?

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I don't know if it's just me or what but I don't follow anything you're saying except the last part, kinda, which just confuses me more.. are you telling me you don't shoot your weapons when they're aiming at a target? O_o seems like normal behavior in any game ever

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
Oops double post

Edited by PsychedelicGrass, 08 June 2017 - 09:50 PM.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Well, one only needs to look at the competitive rating leader board to know hacks are alive and well in the all new, still as sexy Hawken.
  • IhazBigPoobs likes this

wmmoney.png

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

You don't get it?  Really?

I don't mean to speak for Amid and the others, but I'd be willing to bed that what we "don't get" is how you managed to read this thread and thought to yourself, "I see that my fellow community members are discussing why G2 mechs aren't a healthy addition to the game, but I feel like this discussion is missing something. I haven't seen a single mention of hacking or cheating, so I'm going to bring that up without context. I also have some thoughts - incorrect as they may be - about how recording gameplay isn't a worthwhile deterrent to hacking in competitive play, and I don't see those thoughts mentioned in this G2 thread either, so I'm bringing that up too. You know what, to hell with it, I'm also going to bring up hitboxes. I'll close with a random thought about my KDR."

And before you thought about whether or not doing those things were a good idea, you pulled down your pants, squatted over this thread, and let 'er loose.

I think that's what we don't get.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 09 June 2017 - 07:13 AM.

• Amidatelion, talon70, LU0P10 and 2 others like this

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

i can't find any difference between the regular mechs and the G2s.. are they upgraded???!?!

Edited by angryhampster, 09 June 2017 - 10:18 AM.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
For example, g2 scout has an 0.7s dodge cool down while first gen has 0.8s.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

i can't find any difference between the regular mechs and the G2s.. are they upgraded???!?!

G2 Berserker has a faster walking speed and more HP. G2 Technicians have faster walking, larger fuel tanks, and the 315 HP that the G1 Tech used to have.
They're small differences, but in the grand scheme of things, a team composed entirely of a G2 roster compared to a G1 roster of the exact same robots will always have the advantage, that can only be toppled with superior teamwork or first strike maneuvers.

IhazBigPoobs

IhazBigPoobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

I made a clear point and admitted I checked out a cheat.  If the mods want to ban me I'm fine with it.  Thing is none of you will admit they even exist and as is the case in every game if a cheat exists it will be used.

Amid knows damn well what I'm talking about and so do you satisfier.  

WM from MO took a gamble with his peers admitting he knows there are cheaters.  

Edited by IhazBigPoobs, 09 June 2017 - 10:08 PM.

fez

fez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

And how does ANY of that fit into the context of THIS thread?

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

No, I don't, because I'm not MADCUZBAD.

Like, do you even know what goes into examining the recordings? Or is this more ignorance spewing out of your mouth because you can't wrap your brain around the fact that you exist on the lower end of a very, very long spectrum?

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I made a clear point and admitted I checked out a cheat.  If the mods want to ban me I'm fine with it.  Thing is none of you will admit they even exist and as is the case in every game if a cheat exists it will be used.

Your "point" being clear or not isn't the issue, it's the context in which you brought it up. You did an exemplary job of conveying that you have a lot to say about cheating, but we don't understand what it has to do with this thread's topic of G2 mechs.

Perhaps some imagery will help you understand my clear point: imagine everyone in this thread is sitting together at a local bar, discussing why the new G2 mechs are a problem. In between sips of their beer they debate why the G2s are an issue, why they won't be getting fixed soon, and how the G2s could be retooled to not be such a slap in the face of your fellow paying Hawken pilots.

Then the scene turns to you. You're sitting at the table quietly watching this all happen, and during a pause in the conversation you smoothly transition into a story about how you participated in a donkey show in Tijuana last weekend. Everyone else lets you finish your story, utterly flabbergasted, and then someone asks you where the hell that topic came from. Your response is to say again, slower, that you participated in a donkey show in Tijuana last weekend, with your eyebrows arched high in disbelief that we're so stupid that we can't understand this very clear story of yours. Others seated around you try to help you grasp that the story doesn't really fit the conversation, but you're too busy accusing everyone of suppressing the truth that Tijuanan donkey shows exist to understand or care.

Hopefully this clears everything up: just because the words you wrote form a sentence doesn't mean that it's relevant. That's why we're confused.

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 10 June 2017 - 04:53 PM.

• LU0P10, Gueber and 6ixxer like this

IhazBigPoobs

IhazBigPoobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Amid, we exist on the same spectrum.  Fact of the matter is as far as how quickly the neurons fire to your fingertips varies very little from person to person.  I have a little gaming experience.

You stick me in the same room with the same hardware I guarantee you we're going to be within .5 parameters  difference of 100%

So what you do differently is subject to public opinion to everyone.,

Butt Satisfier, same diff....You talk about a mech that may or not be op but if you don't acknowledge someone has 100% accuracy then you' completely miss the point don't you?  Btw, you're not confused and you know it.

Edited by IhazBigPoobs, 10 June 2017 - 11:31 PM.

comic_sans

comic_sans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

You stick me in the same room with the same hardware I guarantee you we're going to be within .5 parameters  difference of 100%

So what you do differently is subject to public opinion to everyone.,

You talk about a mech that may or not be op but if you don't acknowledge someone has 100% accuracy then you' completely miss the point don't you?  Btw, you're not confused and you know it.

what

100% Hamburger | #becomeinpopcorn

AOTbYIL.png

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Tap to hack is alive and well in Hawken, I don't care what anyone says. However, it really doesn't impact anything for me at least because I'm here for fun. A game here and there isn't going to ruin the gravy train for me and it shouldn't for you either. Carry on pilots we have bigger fish to fry like figuring out how to make heavy armor work :)

wmmoney.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

????????????!

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Butt Satisfier, same diff....You talk about a mech that may or not be op but if you don't acknowledge someone has 100% accuracy then you' completely miss the point don't you?  Btw, you're not confused and you know it.

I've acknowledged many, many times that there are cheaters in this game. I don't know if there's a single community-established person in this thread, let alone these forums, that wouldn't agree that cheaters exist in Hawken.

It still has nothing to do with G2 balance. Are you trying to say that cheating is such a large issue that we should be ashamed for talking about any other Hawken-related issues?

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 11 June 2017 - 11:08 AM.

IhazBigPoobs

IhazBigPoobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Absolutely not the most important thing  but perhaps in the 95 percentile.  I'm still playing because I love the game but the more people I see cheating which is plentiful, the less I play.

fez

fez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I am Jack's complete and utter lack of relevance.  Seriously Poobs?  Make a new thread to discuss whatever it is you're trying to discuss, instead of derailing THIS thread.

And really, don't toot your own horn, it's embarrassing.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Absolutely not the most important thing but perhaps in the 95 percentile. I'm still playing because I love the game but the more people I see cheating which is plentiful, the less I play.

How does this post have anything to do with revamping the current G2 iterations, the main thread topic

Edited by Silverfire, 12 June 2017 - 02:32 PM.

• Gueber and Zebanchi like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

How does this post have anything to do with revamping the current G2 iterations, the main thread topic

Bro, it's self-evident. The more people cheat, the less he plays. It's a very clear connection to G2 mechs.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
The clear connection is that G2 hacks are more hacky than G1 hacks.
  • IhazBigPoobs likes this

wmmoney.png

IhazBigPoobs

IhazBigPoobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Money's so damn smart.

IhazBigPoobs

IhazBigPoobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

FWIW amid, any of you other pros I'd kick your ass in the 505 office ...Call me out, I'd love an excuse for a vacation.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

FWIW amid, any of you other pros I'd kick your ass in the 505 office ...Call me out, I'd love an excuse for a vacation.

DnNk3Yz.pngOCoUdZS.png

vN1lNlS.png

Stop deluding yourself and maybe spend some time improving. 

• TheButtSatisfier likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users