• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Lion_ThunderPants

Lion_ThunderPants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
There are not a lot of us on console that have a high MMR (On Xbox, anyways); Last I checked, only about 8 or so of us reach above 2k. I'm one of them, sitting about 5th or somewhere near it. I'm kind of tired of this, however, as I'm not allowed into any matches. Ever. Your MMR update has effectively locked me out from every game. Bring back the capability to sit in a queue until it finds the closest possible match to my MMR. Don't send me into an empty lobby to sit by myself for no one to ever join because I'm too far out of their MMR range. I haven't been able to play on the Xbox for a long time because there is simply not enough players to reach my (And the others in the top 15) MMR to make this new method of segregation viable. We now cannot and do not play. I'd love to try the new map but I can't when I'm always loaded into an empty lobby with no hope of players joining. Bots arent any fun at my level. I would go back to PC (Where I have been sinve just before Steam) but you've locked me out from there due to the PC update being too much for low end rigs to run (Mine can't even launch, I seem to not be able to run the new DX version, assuming I'm remembering correctly). Both my PC and Xbox accounts have had decent investments made into them for the love of this game. Please let me play again, that'd be really swell.

Edited by Lion_ThunderPants, 15 July 2017 - 11:43 AM.

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

i know man it sucks. ive been saying this for years. almost a week after a console release and i was already having issues getting into a server. they made it better with the update 2 patches ago that allowed you into a server closest to your range after waiting 5 mins. since then they have removed that feature and now its almost impossible for me to get into a server. choosing any game mode is a sick joke because it just puts you in bot tmd servers. which is exactly what i said would happen if they made those changes. but what would i know ive just been playing hawken since early 2012.

• Lion_ThunderPants likes this

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

It's a problem on PC to.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

I have heard from a reliable source that a potential solution for the MMR problem is in the works, so soon™. 

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

considering the current population size, I would not be too bothered if matchmaking by MMR was turned off altogether.  Some of us in the community have voiced this over and over (I'm looking at you, Amid) and I haven't really seen any opposition to the Idea when it does cross paths with the community.

• Amidatelion likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

considering the current population size, I would not be too bothered if matchmaking by MMR was turned off altogether. Some of us in the community have voiced this over and over (I'm looking at you, Amid) and I haven't really seen any opposition to the Idea when it does cross paths with the community.

I've voiced it, like, twice. And the idea has been around long before I threw my weight behind it.

With the spectacular failure of this attempt at new player retention that has split new blood into half a dozen singular bot-TDM servers, I strongly suggest abandoning MMR as a concept and placing new players into "boot camp" servers for their first 20 levels that they can then opt out of. Numbers subject to tweaking as per normal.

This also gives new players a tangible, UI-led notice that they are stepping into the adult ring, which may lead to fewer hackusaaaahahahahahahaha. I can dream.
  • coldform and popeco like this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

placing new players into "boot camp" servers for their first 20 levels

And G2 mechs out of those servers.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Lion_ThunderPants

Lion_ThunderPants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

I have heard from a reliable source that a potential solution for the MMR problem is in the works, so soon™.

-Anticipation intensifies-

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Even after the update its still almost impossible to find a match

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Are y'all always using the quick match?
I only use the sever browser and join into populated servers.
Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Are y'all always using the quick match?
I only use the sever browser and join into populated servers.

I'm using the Server Browser - it's all I ever use.  There are still rarely ever matches available... with the exception of stupid Co-Op.  I'd say there's a 60% chance I'll find a TDM server with 4-7 players, but I don't really like TDM unless it's the only thing I can possibly do.  I almost always see a Siege server out there, but it's rarely available within my skill range (which isn't anything to brag about).

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 19 July 2017 - 11:29 AM.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
How can you tell the skill range of the server?
Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

herokuapp or scrimbot

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Lion_ThunderPants

Lion_ThunderPants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

You're on console, if I remember correctly? The stars to the right of the server light up to indicate how well you fit into the MMR range of the server; The more lit up, the better your MMR fits into the server range. The server and stars will be grey'd out when you do not fit into the servers current MMR range and thusly be inaccessible to you.

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Ah ok I thought that was signal strength, as in a server in Asia might have more lag   

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Well, that's an interesting question.

Those 3 stars next to a server in the browser list were built to indicate how close to your own average MMR they were.  A 3 star match is supposed to indicate that a match is the most idealistically close to your MMR and should provide a great competition.  On the other end, a 1-star match means that the average MMR of that match is either almost too high or almost too low for you to join.  0-stars means the match is too far either above or below your MMR for you to be considered a viable player.

It's the dumbest system ever implemented.  Why should 1 star mean EITHER too high or too low?  If we're going with the whole MMR matchmaking system, then just show the average of the server and lock it out when it's too far off.  And if you need visual indicater, use a cool to hot color range applied to that number.  Don't like numbers to be seen, fine, use a color coded arrow - up arrow means higher avg mmr, down arrow means lower, flat line equals right on.  Then, color them green for close, yellow for medium and red for far off.  Jeesh.

AT THIS MOMENT, however, the star system is broken.  You'll never see a match that isn't 3 stars or 0 stars.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

AT THIS MOMENT, however, the star system is broken.  You'll never see a match that isn't 3 stars or 0 stars.

Actually yesterday on the PS4 I saw a 2 star server  

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I agree that the one star for low or high is completely un-intuitive.

I was hoping the season rankings were eluding to swapping the stars for those rank badges.

eg: servers get ranked bronze through double diamond, etc and if you're ranked bronze you probably shouldn't try punching too much above your weight.

Perhaps don't lock people out of higher rank either, just give them an indication of whether they are walking into a fuzz-storm.

Gusbots

Gusbots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

on a good day I can get into a deathmatch, not interested. if hawken has any future this needs to be fixed, good luck maintaining a playerbase when so many can't play even if they want to.

This should be a high priority issue that gets taken care of ASAP. I've spoken to so many that quit because of this and i'd hate to see this game die out

Edited by Gusbots, 21 July 2017 - 08:48 PM.

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
It's Cleary not an issue to them we've been telling them this for months and they've done nothing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users