• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Anyone know where I can get an IP Address for the Hawken servers in Singapore and Sydney.  I am looking at changing over to NBN soon and wanted the IP addresses to determine the path my potential provider would take to get there and in turn then determine what sort of latency I will get.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly. What I understood is that you're trying to figure IP's for some HAWKEN servers and trace how your ISP reaches them.
If that's what you're asking then:
1- Run the windows CMD as admin
2- Type netstat -nb

3- Find the line that starts with [hawken.exe] and copy the IP (without the port number)

4- Use this service to visualize the tracing: http://en.dnstools.c...traceroute.html

Edited by Elite_is_salty, 19 July 2017 - 05:15 AM.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Join one of the servers and run Wireshark there are a ton of basic guides.

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I was going to run Wireshark, just wanted to see if anyone had them already.  Call me lazy.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I was going to run Wireshark, just wanted to see if anyone had them already.  Call me lazy.

You're Lazy  :tongue: 

I might have them, but i'm also lazy...

There was a time I was getting 400ms to Singapore and I went through these traces myself. It was actually way better for me to play USA back then...

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Um take your pick I guess. *locations based on server names

Region: Oceania
sydney 109.200.215.71

Region: Europe
amsterdam 23.111.17.108
amsterdam 213.196.48.204
luxembourg 188.42.198.116

Region: Asia
singapore 103.23.210.52
tokyo 109.200.222.54

Region: North America
dallas 142.0.193.252
dallas 142.0.194.4
dallas 142.0.192.52
dallas 142.0.192.180

Region: South-America
saopaulo 185.50.104.118

I pinged 35-36ms to NA servers but the in-game ping I have seen around 80-100ms, so just keep in mind it's going to be higher under load.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Thanks Gueber.  I am in Perth Australia and will be forced off my current ISP due to what we call the No-Bandwidth-Network (NBN) <-- Aussies would get this joke.  Anyway did a looking glass lookup on the traceroute I would get to the Singapore servers and found:

* On my ADSL2+ connection, I have a trace route of 63ms to Singapore (where I mainly play).

* Looking Glass on my potential NBN network, using Aussie Broadband looks to hit about 122/124ms (so will impact gameplay slightly)

* Looking Glass on iPrimus seems to be around 98ms despite being on the same backbone as my current service (iPrimus' issue for having to go to Sydney and back to Perth).  The Melbourne node seems to be around 91ms

* Looking glass on IINET seems to be 84/88ms 

So it seems IINET would potentially be the fastest (next to my existing service) to connect to Singapore (but then have heard bad things about their service and the congestion woes).  

Edited by Draco3, 28 July 2017 - 04:23 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Thanks Gueber.  I am in Perth Australia and will be forced off my current ISP due to what we call the No-Bandwidth-Network (NBN) <-- Aussies would get this joke.  Anyway did a looking glass lookup on the traceroute I would get to the Singapore servers and found:

* On my ADSL2+ connection, I have a trace route of 63ms to Singapore (where I mainly play).

* Looking Glass on my potential NBN network, using Aussie Broadband looks to hit about 122/124ms (so will impact gameplay slightly)

* Looking Glass on iPrimus seems to be around 98ms despite being on the same backbone as my current service (iPrimus' issue for having to go to Sydney and back to Perth).  The Melbourne node seems to be around 91ms

* Looking glass on IINET seems to be 84/88ms 

So it seems IINET would potentially be the fastest (next to my existing service) to connect to Singapore (but then have heard bad things about their service and the congestion woes).  

Traceroute isn't going to get you accurate information because all its sending is ICMP echo requests. The packets sent by Hawken aren't ICMP and will get different routing, especially by shady Australian ISPs. Hence my suggestion of Wireshark to see a more granular, accurate breakdown for Hawken's packets.  

Also

about 122/124ms (so will impact gameplay slightly)

Is pretty much why Oceania players are fuzzing troopers. 

• Gueber likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users