Photo

How to lose players/customers/money and be unprofessional and rude.

- - - - - account meteor customer play

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

With my GOOD account, I have (had) played Hawken since probably more than 3 years or so ago, long before it went to Steam.
As far as I can remamber, over two years ago Hawken claimed that someone (unsuccessfully) tried to hack my password/account, offered an odd remedy, which long story short RUINED my account to where I could no longer access it.
I have tried SEVERAL times over the years to get them to fix what they broke and get me my good account back, and for the most part they have RUDELY, irresponsibly, and very unprofessionally ignored the whole problem and have refused to actually fix things.

Finally, I thought I was getting somewhere, and eventually got this reply:

Hawken Agent (Hawken Entertainment, Inc.)

May 31, 11:56 AM PDT

Sorry for the late reply. Pretty bad form on my part. There's no desire to ignore you; just some time constraints. Bleh.

Anyways, I see what you're talking about. The quickest solution would be to swap the emails on these accounts, and then give you enough MC and HC to repurchase any missing mechs. We would need to also unlink your Steam account so you could then relink it the next time you log in. Would that work?

Then this:

397893_287316691333337_1925377258_n.jpg

Capnjosh (Hawken Entertainment, Inc.)

Jun 1, 10:40 PM PDT

Done. I've unlinked you Steam account, so the next time you relog, you will be able to link it up again. Use the xxxxxx@yahoo.com email to get the XXXXXX account. I've also added some MC and HC, just for good measure.

The fix did not take, no MC or HC, so I replied to say that the fix did not take, expecting that this could still be fixed, or at least reasonably expecting SOME reply at all.
I have tried a number of times, and once again, Hawken people are obviously ignoring me and the problem,
Soon I belive that I will have been wrongfully deprived of my good account for possibly THREE YEARS now!

No more money, Hawken!
No more buying Meteor Credits!
I hardly ever play the game anymore.
Who in thier right mind would not be really ticked off about this irresponsible, unprofessional, RUDE behavior on the part of Hawken staff eh?!?

If they would have just gotten off thier seats and fixed the problem YEARS ago, I would have bought Meteor Credits and what-not several times over the years, to their profit.
There is no profit in ignoring problems, players, customers - NONE whatsoever.
I really cannot describe this nonsense in polite terms, there is no excuse for the extremes of how wrong this is on any level.
When it comes to sheer self interest and profit for Hawken alone, all I think I can get away with saying is that THIS IS REALLY NOT VERY SMART !!!

Edited by Nymwasob, 22 July 2017 - 05:23 PM.

• EMEUTIER likes this

There is no profit or success in ignoring problems, customers and players.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

chill man daaaamn ... get you a bike and go for some rides and enjoy the breeze ... how good does that sound?maxresdefault.jpg

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

chill man daaaamn ... get you a bike and go for some rides and enjoy the breeze ... how good does that sound?

So... Instead of playing the game, I should ride bikes? Is that how Hawken would stay in business?
Lets see... almost 3 years this has been going on, and I am unreasonable to expect them to do thier job? or to dare to not be happy with the situation?

There is always someone like you to try to knock someone down who is already having a problem.
I do go out and do things you know, just like everyone else.
Trying to make me out to be the bad guy, or someone with some mental or stress problem is at best entirely unreasonable on your part, and more realistically, YOU have a problem if you cannot understand someone not liking the idea of thier account, that they have put reall dollars into, real time into, being completely messed up to the point where they cannot even log into the account, and on top of it the people responsible ignoring the whole problem instead of dealing with it.  Go spew your nonsense elsewhere, You obviously simply don;t get it.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
Well at least they tried. It's not like they didn't do anything at all.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Well at least they tried. It's not like they didn't do anything at all.

They in fact did not do anything at all.
There has been no change, and they do not even have the basic decency to reply at all, not even to say "we're sorry, we tried".
THEY caused the problem, they are perfectly capable of fixing it, but when people just want to ignore problems and players, that is not doing thier job, it is not professional, it is not right, and it is RUDE.
In the real world, you don't do your job, you get fired. These people are SPOILED, don't want to do what is right, don't want to do thier jobs, and don't even have the basic manners of sending any reply - NO EXCUSE FOR THAT KIND OF GARBAGE - NONE.

Edited by Nymwasob, 23 July 2017 - 11:06 AM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Not getting the desired result is not the same as doing nothing.

In the real world, you discuss it and try again.
Try doing that without the childishness and you might get a proper fix.

They are not spoiled and you don't know their job.

Edited by 6ixxer, 23 July 2017 - 01:21 PM.

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Not getting the desired result is not the same as doing nothing.

In the real world, you discuss it and try again.
Try doing that without the childishness and you might get a proper fix.

They are not spoiled and you don't know their job.

- In the real world, yes, you discusss it, which I have tried, and what I have gotten is NO DISCUSSION. Since you want to be insulting with your childishness remark, try to actually READ what someone writes and what it means. 3 years this has been going on guy. No excuse for that, and no excuse for your attitude either. I have every right to not be satisfied with this situation. Hawken is not dealing with it, they are ignoring it. In doing so, they are making ZERO dollars that is not a recipe for profit or scucess, period.
Its not right, and people attacking me for it and like typical trolls, trying to make me out to be the bad guy will not change that.

Edited by Nymwasob, 23 July 2017 - 01:30 PM.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

So... Instead of playing the game, I should ride bikes? Is that how Hawken would stay in business?
Lets see... almost 3 years this has been going on, and I am unreasonable to expect them to do thier job? or to dare to not be happy with the situation?

There is always someone like you to try to knock someone down who is already having a problem.
I do go out and do things you know, just like everyone else.
Trying to make me out to be the bad guy, or someone with some mental or stress problem is at best entirely unreasonable on your part, and more realistically, YOU have a problem if you cannot understand someone not liking the idea of thier account, that they have put reall dollars into, real time into, being completely messed up to the point where they cannot even log into the account, and on top of it the people responsible ignoring the whole problem instead of dealing with it.  Go spew your nonsense elsewhere, You obviously simply don;t get it.

I was just joking around ... you need some milk ... and don't start boasting about your 3 years ... I'm nearing 5 years around here ...

• DingdongJR likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I was just joking around ... you need some milk ... and don't start boasting about your 3 years ... I'm nearing 5 years around here ...

I don't need milk.
I don't need your sarcasm.
I'll boast if I damn well want to.
Stop telling other people what to do.
I have been a paying player, those who GET paid have a job to do, I deserve to expect threm to do the job I and others have in fact paid them to do, just that simple.

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

To be clear here, the company you originally made an account with went bankrupt and had its Hawken related assets bought up. This very roughly corresponds to when you state your original issue took place. Hawken has like 4 total people working on it right now, and is owned by a completely different company.

Regardless of what should have happened in a perfect duty bound moral world, I don't think it is particularly unreasonable for a fringe case to slip through the net of an understaffed dev team that was tasked with such a thing as stabilizing the slow motion trainwreck that is Hawken.

To be clear here, were you able to access your account after unlinking and relinking the steam account? From reading your post it appears that the only thing you are missing is game currency. Is that correct?

• Rainbow_Sheep and DingdongJR like this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I have been a paying player, those who GET paid have a job to do, I deserve to expect threm to do the job I and others have in fact paid them to do, just that simple.

I don't want to stir you up but want to make this point.

You have not paid them to do their job.

You have paid ADH for some entertainment and they squandered it. The owners have changed.

I hope that we can raise the profile of your case so that Josh can get it fixed for you once and for all, but assigning blame puts people in defense mode.

There are lots of things the devs are working to fix and their support process has been stretched for a long time and recently changed.

Would you be willing to give it another try?

If I could do it for you and save you some grief I would.

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I get that you're a paying player. So am I, I've spent several hundred on this game.

However, with that said, the game is free. There's nothing in the game, aside from cosmetics (and three mechs on pc), that you need real money for. You aren't forced to give them your money. You chose to. They owe you nothing. The company you gave said money to no longer owns the game.

Also, the people working on the game are severely understaffed with an absurd amount of work to do. They tried to make it right, it seems you got your account back. They gave you some mc and hc to replace missing things. For whatever reason it didn't work. Contact them again and be patient instead of acting like a child who just got his toy truck stolen. They likely have more pressing issues that are more deserving of their attention than some dude who, based on what you've said, doesn't intend to give them any money or play the game much.

Sorry to be a fuzzy bunny or whatever. I want to have sympathy for you, I do, but the way you're handling this makes that very difficult.
  • Rainbow_Sheep and DingdongJR like this

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Nymwasob:  I know this is sort of adding to your frustration of having to repeat yourself and your efforts... but I bet that you need to contact 505 Games at this address: https://support.505g...ders/6000223976

The original dev, Adhesive, has been dead and gone for about 2 years.  The game was then purchased by ReLoaded Games... and has since then been purchased by 505 Games.  Sooo... although CapnJosh is still on with the dev team, he/they are no longer responding to support emails.

I suggest copying 505 Games on your previous communications, especially the one from CapnJosh... bet you get results.

• Nov8tr, 6ixxer and CosmicCasey59 like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Nymwasob:  I know this is sort of adding to your frustration of having to repeat yourself and your efforts... but I bet that you need to contact 505 Games at this address: https://support.505g...ders/6000223976

The original dev, Adhesive, has been dead and gone for about 2 years.  The game was then purchased by ReLoaded Games... and has since then been purchased by 505 Games.  Sooo... although CapnJosh is still on with the dev team, he/they are no longer responding to support emails.

I suggest copying 505 Games on your previous communications, especially the one from CapnJosh... bet you get results.

@Nymwasob, I get your point and do understand it. Yes 3 yrs is insane. Yes they do owe you a response. But StubbornPuppet is right. It has went thru 3 owners now. Most people are only aware of 2. It has been sold again to 505 games since Reloaded bought it. StubbornPuppet gave you the link to contact 505 games support. Yes copy and paste the previous support contacts you have made with Adhesive and Reloaded and open a ticket with 505 Games support. Good chance you will get results. Good luck.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

You'll need to contact support. People on these forums cannot help you here.

As others have mentioned, 505 Games now runs customer support and your ticket is from prior to the 505 support turnover. You'll need to contact them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users