Photo

Bring back the 30-32 player, 2 1/2 Hour games! (well...)

- - - - - game time players kill test

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Some time ago, some Dev or other got the insane idea to allow like 30-32 players to have like a 1,000 kill and 2.5 hour time limit.
It was absolute chaos, it was absolutely insane, was the craziest idea anyone at Hawken ever did, and it was WILDLY POPULAR!!!
I rarely play anymore since Hawken screwed up my good aqccount to where I cannot even log in anymore (See my recent post "How to lose players/customers/money and be unprofessional and rude"  @  https://community.playhawken.com/topic/6744-how-to-lose-playerscustomersmoney-and-be-unprofessional-and-rude/

But one day I tried logging into this TRASH account I am now stuck with, and landed in the middle of the chaos.
I had FUN!, and I mean fun as in actual fun, where I was not getting killed all the time, where I could actually make a real difference, use strategy, support my team better in a substatial way, and give some of the super-players a little grief back!
As far as I saw, many other people were also having a great game, and the worst complaint I saw was simply that people were getting fatigued or running out of time to finish and having to leave the game before it was over.

I do think it was a bit extreme, in that with a potential time of 2.5 hours for a single map, you might have to play for the entire day to get to your favorite map, or have to deal with the one map you did not like for hours, but again, that was tempered by the fact that it was great fun anyway!

I would suggest that a better set-up would be to have a 1/2 hour to 1 hour time limit, a 250-500 kill limit, but as to number of players, 30-32 or whatever it was seems to be just fine. I can imagine that someone will say that it eventually crashed the servers, but I was playing for hours myself before that happened, and as a matter of fact, I cannot remember just how long I played, because I was having so much fun, and it was such wonderfully insane chaos!

Bring it back, dammit!
It was the single best idea that anyone at Hawken ever put into action!

Edited by Nymwasob, 23 July 2017 - 08:17 AM.

There is no profit or success in ignoring problems, customers and players.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

actually according to current database i think 3 v3 server will be best beside 24 server .

• Lion_ThunderPants likes this

Nymwasob

Nymwasob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

actually according to current database i think 3 v3 server will be best beside 24 server .

- Were you in that game?

There is no profit or success in ignoring problems, customers and players.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

It was fun, even just a 24 player server with 100 kills would be nice, maybe they can put one up to see if people are interested. I know we use to have some a long time ago.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

but...but....my CTF.....gimmie

(also in 24 man plox)

Edited by ArchMech, 23 July 2017 - 03:27 PM.

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

Darktim300

Darktim300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

I would be happy if they brought back 30 - 32 players online at one time let alone the servers for that.

13179417_10154132160979929_2106212794278

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

- Were you in that game?

question is how long u r here ?

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Must have been fun if I played for 5 hours straight

• CosmicCasey59 likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

We'd like to bring them back for sure! Hopefully you'll hear more about this in the future :)

• Pumapaw, Gueber, Shade__ and 2 others like this

PigQueen

PigQueen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Dr.Freeze had some fun game modes too.

But you know, who cares. Ded now.

Oink!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users