• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Dev's please stop and take a moment to look at what you have created. If you want to keep players your game has to do what it says and say what it does.

If you do not follow through with what you have as public information you lose out.

Example:

A Lot of items you have nerfed without updating the information page of those items. Like the turrets, you say if they spend their hard earned HC on the turret III whatever they get 3 uses out of it. But in reality they only get 2 uses.

Yes, This is little stuff but nevertheless it makes you look bad. It makes players not trust the game.

Fix the little stuff

Edited by 20GT, 30 July 2017 - 06:51 AM.

Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Please stop posting.

• dorobo and thedark20 like this

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
Sure no problem. But I don't get it. You create a forum for the people that like Hawken enough to talk about it. You create an actual section for suggestions and then ask me to stop posting because why....?

I post too much? You don't like my suggestions?

I'm excited about your game. I like your game. I like thinking about your game. I like talking about your game.

I didn't start this this thread to be mean, you asked, I answered. What I posted is true, players are fickle. Don't give people a reason to complain about it. What's it hurt to go fix the little stuff. Put that shine on it.

Sure I'll stop posting as much here if you want.

I'll just go talk about it somewhere else.
Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

There's nothing wrong with your posts per se. You like the game and you want it to get better. The things is, every idea or suggestion you — or any other new player — has posted or can post has been discussed and spoonfed to the devs ad nauseum. Some of us have been playing Hawken for over 4 years now, and we know its every nook and cranny. We've written everything there is to write about the bugs, possible improvements, UI, suggestions for new items / internals / mechs / weapons etc., but nothing has changed the way we wanted it to change. Reposting the same things for the umpteenth time has a near-zero chance to be effective.

• dorobo, Miscellaneous, MomOw and 5 others like this

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Well that's a complete shame. The makers of the game have known about these inconsistencies for eons and have refused to fix them.
If the devs have given up on its quality there is no hope for this game.

Actually I think it's just a matter of the right people not knowing of the things you speak of. The people that matter are not reading the forums.

But I like Hawken, I'm not going to give up on it that quickly.

Thanks for letting me know of the ineffectiveness of the forum. I've already called 505 a couple weeks ago, the guy seemed responsible and knowing. Maybe that's the guy that needs to be informed.

Edited by 20GT, 28 July 2017 - 03:09 PM.

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
I'll call next week. Besides the things I've mentioned is there anything else that really needs to be fixed.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
He's all up in those nooks and cranny's.
He doesn't want to share them cos if there's another guy in there and they touch, then its the ghey.

Devs havent refused to fix. They have to list all the bugs and work through based on what their resources are, and their management priorities.

IMO Fix the forum new account restriction to stop the spam again. Plus have someone check for new posts to moderate EVERY day. Otherwise there'll be more 1st post spam than real posts. It was there for a reason.

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

IMO Fix the forum new account restriction to stop the spam again. Plus have someone check for new posts to moderate EVERY day. Otherwise there'll be more 1st post spam than real posts. It was there for a reason. 

It was there when I joined, actually it took a week befor any of my posts were accepted as if they weren't looking for new posts but once a week. 

Devs haven't refused to fix. They have to list all the bugs and work through based on what their resources are, and their management priorities.

resources? I'm not even talking about he scoreboard, that's up to them.

What I'm talking about is

The item descriptions being greater than what they actually are. 

Both are simple fixes that shouldn't take much time at all.

They are betrayals of trust.

If you want people to spend money in game there has to be trust that they will get what they are paying for.

Isn't that the whole purpose and priority of the game, for 505 to make money?

Edited by 20GT, 30 July 2017 - 06:50 AM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
I understand the new post moderating took a week before, hence adding the 'plus'.

The phone will get fixed. Its minor and was free. Are you missing something you paid for? I have everything i paid for...

Edited by 6ixxer, 28 July 2017 - 04:31 PM.

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

The phone will get fixed. Its minor and was free.

I haven't bought anything. So no I'm not missing anything I've paid for.

on the PS4 if someone bought a M.G. TURRET MK-III with Moon Credits, their not getting what they paid for, because the description say 3 uses and they only get 2.

Yes what I'm talking about is minor.

I'm saying is that stuff matters to people. 

Edited by 20GT, 30 July 2017 - 06:52 AM.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Are you missing something you paid for? I have everything i paid for...

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

They made a grave mistake in my opinion - and that is porting the game to console first instead of polishing up the PC version. It makes no sense, unless you are a publisher... Another mistake is changing the balance so drastically that the end result is just confusion and frustration among both new and veteran players.

There exists proof that even a hint of this game's revival garners interest. Just look at the steamcharts when Reloaded Inc acquired Hawken's IP back in March 2015. It's not easy to forget this game, as it's pretty much one of a kind. They should know this. Why PC has been neglected (and continues to be in my honest opinion) should lie with 505 Games and their ideology.

Though apparently, according to a very untrustworthy source (in-game player), Reloaded was bought by 505 Games sometime ago, and from that team formed Hawken Entertainment... HDB does reflect that change accurately up to a certain point.

I suppose this could explain why Hawken has disappeared from Reloaded's website...

TpsOr7F.png

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Dev's please stop and take a moment to look at what you have created. If you want to keep players your game has to do what it says and say what it does.

If you do not follow through with what you have as public information you lose out.

Example:
Day two you give away a free cell phone for cockpit decoration. But it's not listed in the cockpit decoration page. You say you are giving players a cell phone but in reality you don't.

A Lot of items you have nerfed without updating the information page of those items. Like the turrets, you say if they spend their hard earned HC on the turret III whatever they get 3 uses out of it. But in reality they only get 2 uses.

Yes, This is little stuff but nevertheless it makes you look bad. It makes players not trust the game.

Fix the little stuff

We're working on the little stuff. As others have pointed out, we're a small team with limited resources and are working to fix the issues every day out of our work week. Just because you don't see it today doesn't mean it isn't being done.

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

It doesn't really matter. I'm the the NOT player that will think that your game is crap because you don't have your documentation straight.

By the way, If anyone is interested the CELL PHONE is in the second decoration slot. Apparently I just didn't know where to find it 

Edited by 20GT, 30 July 2017 - 06:49 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users