• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
There are currently 58 servers in North America. Five, at the time of this data collection, were populated. Of those five, four were BotsTDM. The single largest complaint currently running across 4 platforms (these forums, Reddit, Discord, Steam forums) is the unavailability of games. With an average of 60 players on GLOBALLY this is understandable. Consider the following short term fix.

1. Turn off MMR matchmaking
2. Turn off skill-rating locks on all servers.
3. Remove BotsTDM and CoOp from the "Any Mode" button.
4. Replace this:

BotsTDM - 17
TDM - 17
MA - 4
SG - 4
CoOp - 8
DM - 8

with this:

BotsTDM - 4
TDM - 4
MA - 1
SG - 2
CoOp - 2
DM - 4

5. Rinse and repeat for other regions. 

Please allocate some resources to accomplishing this or other means of increasing game availability. Your continued lack of public action is demoralizing.

• Robscancer, coldform, Guns_N_Rozer and 9 others like this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

inb4 the long term solution czerofive said "now that howken is great again they are working to encourage people to play/replay it" doesn't pan out (for obvious reasons: "great")

might as well do what amid says while the rest of us continue on with legit quite literally ANYTHING but howken for the foreseeable lifetime....

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

nabla_

nabla_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

1.- Developers, do us a favor. Close this game. Thx

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

1.- Developers, do us a favor. Close this game. Thx

Please fuzz the fuzz out of my fuzzing thread you fuzzing little fuzzy bunny.
  • Robscancer, coldform, Miscellaneous and 4 others like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

at `1500mmr i'm too low for godtier, and too high for noobtier.  i don't remember the last time i queued into an occupied server--and many nights the browser just shows empties and blackouts due to out of my range.  if this is happening to nearly everyone, and the only servers a noob sees is an empty (usually bridges, the common gripe),  say "Goodbye, potential player!".  especially if any come in here and see the complete lack of response from 505.

gawd help the rest of us.

• Luaq likes this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I'm going on 4 days in a row where I've logged in twice a day and been unable to find any occupied servers in my "skill range"... except those in "CoOp" or "Bots", which I don't play.

• EM1O and DieselCat like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

I'm going on 4 days in a row where I've logged in twice a day and been unable to find any occupied servers in my "skill range"... except those in "CoOp" or "Bots", which I don't play.

it seems the only way to get into TDM or DM is to piggyback in with someone already in on my Friends list.  even that attempt gets blocked occasionally.  i tire of the stomp/get stomped matches then leave.

now it happens several nights a week in bots servers.  the CBD won't let me just start by myself,  and the occupied bot-tdms are all blacked out--and i am positively sick of being queued into Highways maps.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

it seems the only way to get into TDM or DM is to piggyback in with someone already in on my Friends list.  even that attempt gets blocked occasionally.  i tire of the stomp/get stomped matches then leave.

now it happens several nights a week in bots servers.  the CBD won't let me just start by myself,  and the occupied bot-tdms are all blacked out--and i am positively sick of being queued into Highways maps.

I don't even care so much about TDM, I want to play Siege and MA.  I can still occasionally (once every 2-3 days) find a TDM match, but it's always on the dumb "It's Highways or the highway" servers. 

But, when I do get in, I am always guaranteed to be in the bottom 25% of the scores - cuz people iz just better than I iz I guess.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 14 August 2017 - 05:10 AM.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users