• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

really. i'd like to plaster the Nemisis bull-skull on my g2-Vangaurd. only choices are some really childish splash skins.

give us back the choices of magnitude, where we can mod our look with style.

i'm ready to throw money at you (i imagine many others would too, once you got rid of that lame garbage).

gimme a like, maybe they'll listen.  or at least log in here.

uh, yeh, i know.   fat chance that.

:yucky:

SOON tm

ok---i've submitted a Help Request, regarding this, hopefully in time to be fixed before the next Update TM.

gl/hf

Edited by EM1O, 03 September 2017 - 05:48 PM.

• DieselCat, FunkMaster67, 6ixxer and 3 others like this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

^This.

Chassis are the money...

We need more chassis styles.

We need more pre-painted ones.

• EM1O and frostdragon2013 like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Indeed Chassis was the best thing you can switchup on the mech visually. The thing that stand out the most? Captain obvious? Remove it! Add poop and lightning skins!! Sales will skyrocket!

nepacaka

mCXdnrf.jpg

Edited by dorobo, 04 September 2017 - 08:41 AM.

• DieselCat, nepacaka and DingdongJR like this

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Indeed Chassis was the best thing you can switchup on the mech visually. The thing that stand out the most? Captain obvious? Remove it! Add poop and lightning skins!! Sales will skyrocket!

>Add poop and lightning skins!! Sales will skyrocket!

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

thats really harsh critic

>Add poop and lightning skins!! Sales will skyrocket!

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

thats really harsh critic

Harsh but true.

There is so much potential opportunity to create and produce skins and decals that are appropriate for the lore and the game as a whole, and instead, they create poop emojis a Gold texture that required little to no effort and a downright horrible electric skin.

The only people I have seen that have bought the electric parts also buy random mishmash of the gold parts to make their mech as ugly as possible. 

b0b688d75b.png

Just looking at it hurts my eyes, let alone want to throw up.

Besides, we've already had this discussion.

Edited by DingdongJR, 04 September 2017 - 03:10 PM.

• Amidatelion, DieselCat, Xer06siX and 1 other like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Harsh but true.

There is so much potential opportunity to create and produce skins and decals that are appropriate for the lore and the game as a whole, and instead, they create poop emojis a Gold texture that required little to no effort and a downright horrible electric skin.

The only people I have seen that have bought the electric parts also buy random mishmash of the gold parts to make their mech as ugly as possible. 

b0b688d75b.png

Just looking at it hurts my eyes, let alone want to throw up.

Besides, we've already had this discussion.

And here's what kills me - it took Valve ten years to get that bad.  

Reloaded managed it in like 8 months.

• EM1O, DieselCat and DingdongJR like this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

And here's what kills me - it took Valve ten years to get that bad.  

Reloaded managed it in like 8 months.

ADH gave them a head start on Bad-Howken.

I'm pretty sure that most of the bad was already lurking in the pile when RLD got it.

That's not to say they couldn't have handled it better though...

If it was lurking, but not implemented, there were probably good reasons...

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

It takes integrity to recognize the difference between an idea and a good idea.  That may be the leg up that ADH had - they knew when to say "NO".

But, when you're grasping at straws and need a life-line... I can see how a former bad idea might seem appealing at the time.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

It takes integrity to recognize the difference between an idea and a good idea.  That may be the leg up that ADH had - they knew when to say "NO".

But, when you're grasping at straws and need a life-line... I can see how a former bad idea might seem appealing at the time.

The exact opposite is also true. When you're grasping at straws and need a lifeline, releasing a crappy update might be the final nail in the coffin. In fact, in such a situation developers should be MORE careful than usual.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

The exact opposite is also true. When you're grasping at straws and need a lifeline, releasing a crappy update might be the final nail in the coffin. In fact, in such a situation developers should be MORE careful than usual.

Absolutely.  That's why I said, "I can see how..." and "might seem appealing".  A bad idea is always a bad idea.

• EM1O and DingdongJR like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

nope.  no help on the "help" request, and you know RLD only reads this to tell us we'll have an update soontm,.  505 wondered what exactly the problem was...we're doomed.  i didn't even reply and Trashed it.

3 years ago i saw the company names that were taking over and cringed, but hoped for the best. shoulda paid attention to that first impression.

ReLoaded, 505Games, GamersFirst.

Criiiiiiiiinnnge.

:unsure: 

Edited by EM1O, 09 September 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I like the idea of more cosmetics! I would even like to create and upload my own skins, but I can imagine how people would take advantage of that so forget it. But new skins from devs yes! And please fix the holo taunts! They are not broken, just not good looking.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
I would still really enjoy a chicken mech, or one like it. Maybe a roadrunner, but animate the legs, not the lazy boost drag where the legs are kicked back, that's no good without wings, and chicken wings are too big.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users