Photo

Why shut down the server? Private servers, no?

- - - - - Private servers Close game PC

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
Such amazing news could not be ignored by me!  :pirate: 

49ee7569d282.jpg

Developers. Why close the game on a PC? Remember about such experience as - gaming private servers.
Why not leave the opportunity for players as before to "own" personal servers.
There is such an experience.
There are advantages to this. You can still update the game on the PC (after all, this now does not require any additional costs - the game is the same on three platforms). The cost of supporting the server will lie on the shoulders of "private players". It will be necessary to adjust the configuration options for private servers (in particular, to add a mandatory box with detailed information about the discrepancy between the game on the server and the usual game settings). The gaming community on the PC will be able to further offer profitable ideas (and ideas) for the development of the game. To create. Advertise the game.
Developers, think about it. You did not advertise the game completely on the PC. Your quick decision to close the game on a PC will lead to a similar solution on consoles. I recommend to listen sensitively to the game community that was with the game for many years longer than you.
The game certainly needs a change. But to give up like children is not worth it. You tried. But the game has a huge unrealized potential so far.

6a28860b0aaf.png

• DieselCat and Mgree77 like this

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

One does not simply click to make one server in their basement, Hawken requires a complex backend to operate. Even if they release the files nobody would figure out how the spaghetti code works or die trying.

• William_Adama likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

One does not simply click to make one server in their basement, Hawken requires a complex backend to operate. Even if they release the files nobody would figure out how the spaghetti code works or die trying.

Have pity on my slippers.
The game existed almost a year at all with little or no outside interference ("Dark Autumn HAWKEN" remember?)

• DieselCat and old_skul90 like this

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

One does not simply click to make one server in their basement, Hawken requires a complex backend to operate. Even if they release the files nobody would figure out how the spaghetti code works or die trying

could be that its so bad that they dont want people to know how bad it really is and the forums will shut down sometime 2018.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

The game existed almost a year at all with little or no outside interference ("Dark Autumn HAWKEN" remember?)

Yeah, they existed on their infrastructure, on their servers for a year with nobody touching them. That's a little different than running it from some guy's basement, or a privately purchased server, or anything else.  

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Yummi_Kitteh

Yummi_Kitteh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Such amazing news could not be ignored by me!  :pirate: 

Developers. Why close the game on a PC? Remember about such experience as - gaming private servers.
Why not leave the opportunity for players as before to "own" personal servers.
There is such an experience.
There are advantages to this. You can still update the game on the PC (after all, this now does not require any additional costs - the game is the same on three platforms). The cost of supporting the server will lie on the shoulders of "private players". It will be necessary to adjust the configuration options for private servers (in particular, to add a mandatory box with detailed information about the discrepancy between the game on the server and the usual game settings). The gaming community on the PC will be able to further offer profitable ideas (and ideas) for the development of the game. To create. Advertise the game.
Developers, think about it. You did not advertise the game completely on the PC. Your quick decision to close the game on a PC will lead to a similar solution on consoles. I recommend to listen sensitively to the game community that was with the game for many years longer than you.
The game certainly needs a change. But to give up like children is not worth it. You tried. But the game has a huge unrealized potential so far.

I'll be 100% honest with you unlike the naysayers here. It IS possible, but 505 would have to give up the files/databases/etc, obtaining the hardware to run it isn't that hard either, the majority of the "difficulty" is figuring out how to interact and manipulate said databases. Actually expanding on it and redoing it would come at a later date when a person were to have their own team to work on it. But that's just my ramblings on the subject from experience. TL/DR hard, not impossible, just hard.

• DieselCat and Charcoal like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Where are all the cheating hackers of hawken? They need to break in and steal THE FILES!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Edited by dorobo, 05 October 2017 - 11:22 PM.

• axxoe, DieselCat and Zavier_ like this

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Dorobo...when the game and forums shut down for good....I will seriously miss your posts  :thumbsup:

• dorobo, EM1O and Luaq like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Where are all the cheating hackers of hawken? They need to break in and steal THE FILES!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

UH HERE IS THE HACKER................

tumblr_ms9kcmcBPi1qgmljdo1_1280.png

• dorobo, DieselCat and Luaq like this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

The Devs are bloody idiots

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I'll be 100% honest with you unlike the naysayers here. It IS possible, but 505 would have to give up the files/databases/etc, obtaining the hardware to run it isn't that hard either, the majority of the "difficulty" is figuring out how to interact and manipulate said databases. Actually expanding on it and redoing it would come at a later date when a person were to have their own team to work on it. But that's just my ramblings on the subject from experience. TL/DR hard, not impossible, just hard.

It is possible as you may say.  Would required unprecedented access and manipulation and changes to Hawken's authentication process, Storm servers, databases, etc.  Just stuff that will not be released.  It is hard, and highly unlikely that any of this would actually happen.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

HBZK100

HBZK100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

I know an easy fix, all of us create our own game developement business and make HAWKEN 2!!! hehe.

Moderator for Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide.

Retired Veteran Hawken player. Began playing just before the wreckage update.

Pleasure_Mortar

Pleasure_Mortar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

I'm gonna put it out there, not sure it is even remotely possible with Hawken; I used to play Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries A LOT. When MS decided to shut down development for the game the fan base in form of Mektek stepped in. Not only did they create a possibiliy to run games without the MS servers, but they also created over 100 new mechs and weapons for the game.

Edited by Pleasure_Mortar, 09 October 2017 - 07:57 AM.

• dorobo, claisolais, EM1O and 2 others like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I'm gonna put it out there, not sure it is even remotely possible with Hawken; I used to play Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries A LOT. When MS decided to shut down development for the game the fan base in form of Mektek stepped in. Not only did they create a possibiliy to run games without the MS servers, but they also created over 100 new mechs and weapons for the game.

Again, that's just an issue with dedicated servers. There's a lot more to Hawken than that.

Frenotx

Frenotx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I know an easy fix, all of us create our own game developement business and make HAWKEN 2!!! hehe.

Can't be "Hawken". The current wonderful owners of the IP will probably sit on it for quite some time, ensuring it can't ever realize its potential. No, no. Let's call it "Horken: Totally a different game".

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

What is 1 thing that fuels this world?

the word starts with "M."

our moms.  you were thinking money weren't you? you are bad. 

Sorroritas

Sorroritas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

After reading about the closing down of PC Hawken this saved my day.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by Sorroritas, 22 October 2017 - 03:20 AM.

Treat them with honour, my Brothers.

Not because they will bring us victory this day,

but because their fate will one day be ours.

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

don't worry guys.

they won't close down hawken on 2018 of janguery.   it'll just be put on hold like everything else.

we don't know when, but we are certain that it is soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Private servers, Close game PC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users