• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

HBZK100

HBZK100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Idk but I have this itching idea in the back of my mind that we'll be getting a whole redo of hawken, rather it will be hawken 2 in the upcoming years. 

Pure stupid speculation on my part, but just curious, would you guys perfer game devs to just delete hawken and restart with a sequel?

I personally would, if they can make the gameplay better, and use a modern game engine, that would be awesome.

Moderator for Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide.

Retired Veteran Hawken player. Began playing just before the wreckage update.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

spongebob-squarepants-wallpapers-spongeb

• dorobo and Zavier_ like this

xjei

xjei

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

that is what I call ambitious planning for Hawken 2 when Hawken isnt even out of the soft launch period

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

That's what should have happened with hawken in the first place after the great silence... Start from scratch to recreate it with better coding. the models are already there, camos, etc. But we know the main goal was consoles and reloaded personal goal to work with an already existing game to prove they could deliver stuff. I mentioned this in one of my threads where I blame reloaded for the fact that they never were able to repair this game and they used this game to prove something while they weren't able to do anything right from the beginning and that they never did so in their entire business life in the past. They have never created a game from scratch. They were never able to take on the hawken project as they said they could...

The best they could do was to port the game and mess up with the rest as a huge practice exercise that they weren't even qualified for. So now they just have more experience by their side as for gaining value and trust as a company but it's all just a big shame/waste in the end because they just proved that they couldn't do it. I wonder what game will be the next "victim"...if reloaded continues to somehow live like this...? 505/reloaded whatever. Someone in there has money... It's like that weird shady restaurant on the corner of a shallow street that you're wondering how the hell does it pay it's bills if no one even come's inside and sit to eat in while there's always just two really obvious important guys have a couple of rendez-vous in that empty restaurant from time to time...

They don't even have the decency to make it "open source" whatever contracts there is they will eventually end. Just like the PC servers. if they don't renew the contracts, the rights can be used freely after expiration date and besides contracts, right now, the game can be bought back anytime as long as the buyer pitches enough in the bank that even the contracts are put to the bin.

Edited by Luaq, 08 October 2017 - 10:29 AM.

• Charcoal likes this

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Anything from Reloaded or 505 Games I won't touch.

• claisolais and Sorroritas like this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

ill touch it

touch it with thermite

lots of thermite

Edited by ArchMech, 08 October 2017 - 04:55 PM.

• Sorroritas and frostdragon2013 like this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

https://youtu.be/o59...PGMxqhPGEG6QFyw

• claisolais and nepacaka like this

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Idk but I have this itching idea in the back of my mind that we'll be getting a whole redo of hawken, rather it will be hawken 2 in the upcoming years. 

Pure stupid speculation on my part, but just curious, would you guys perfer game devs to just delete hawken and restart with a sequel?

I personally would, if they can make the gameplay better, and use a modern game engine, that would be awesome.

Wouldn't play even if its improved hawken , as long as reloaded owns hawken.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Wouldn't play even if its improved hawken , as long as reloaded owns hawken.

Cool, especially considering Reloaded doesn't own Hawken any more.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Yeah, it's now "Hawken Entertainment LLC" or something.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

HBZK100

HBZK100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

I completely agree about reloaded. It's a shame no highly qualified game company is taking this over.

Moderator for Tom's Hardware and Tom's Guide.

Retired Veteran Hawken player. Began playing just before the wreckage update.

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Hawken will be missed. I haven't played in months but visited the forums almost every day. 

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Cool, especially considering Reloaded doesn't own Hawken any more.

im slow on the news

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Also, nobody is going to foot the bill to create a sequel to a game that was such a commercial failure the first time around.  Sequels aren't about happy fans... unless there are millions of them and millions more dollars to be made.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

i would go with the FOSS idea, even if 505 retained rights to the code publishing as per GPL, and any other proprietary work involved.  yeh, i'd play the new version, but i'm mature enough to not expect anything worth the time from 505 or LamersFirst.

:no:

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

I think the best case scenario would be if 505 shuts down Hawken altogether, then another, competent company buys the IP and makes a sequel/remake.  This is quite unlikely though, for the reasons StubbornPuppet points out.

Looking at the console server numbers right now, I see about 300 players on consoles.  I doubt Hawken will last much longer, I don't think such a small population can't support a business.

• Charcoal likes this

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

spongebob-squarepants-wallpapers-spongeb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users