• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

I know, fat chance, but i remember when play used to be something close to this:

http://www.youtube.c...v=Zm7gEDhrPfk\\

if you do just this you'd have droves of players swarming the PC and Consoles.

we're not naive. Console will be dead before April Fool's day. Get moving. :yes:

• dorobo and Charcoal like this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Edited by angryhampster, 22 October 2017 - 06:18 PM.

• dorobo likes this

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Console is dead can't play even if you want to
  • dorobo and Broham78 like this

frostdragon2013

frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

it would not be if they had made "chaos servers" where any rank can go at their  own risk

Edited by frostdragon2013, 23 October 2017 - 02:21 AM.

Lion_ThunderPants

Lion_ThunderPants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Anything to be able to play again, I'm sick of knowing the only access to Hawken I have is blocked by the game itself...

Edited by Lion_ThunderPants, 23 October 2017 - 08:24 AM.

• Broham78 likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Nothing is going to be done. Not in any way.  The game is just running until the contracts on the servers expire and the provider shuts them off for non-payment.

That's the same way this forum will be shut down... it will just die off when the billing comes due and nobody pays for 45 days afterwards.

Edited by StubbornPuppet, 23 October 2017 - 11:07 AM.

• Neraste and DieselCat like this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

we're not naive.

But... You are.

Who in the community is going to develop this? Who is going to pay for the half dozen servers needed to run a single map server?

What in 5 years playing this game has given you the impression that there is a group of people who care enough about this game to put the sheer amount of WORK required into making that work?

Having put a few hours of what I would call work into this a week for months on end, I really don't think there's anyone willing to shoulder that.

Able to, maybe. But just ask literally anyone who has done any sort of work for this community out of passion - the ROI is fuzzy.

Y'all don't want to contribute, you just want to consume.

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

WTF is wrong with you ?...just have to be an a-hole right to the end....Don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out !  :rolleyes:

• Nachoeslach, angryhampster and frostdragon2013 like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

WTF is wrong with you ?...just have to be an a-hole right to the end....Don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out !  :rolleyes:

NEVER TRUST A CAT!!

LotR_FotR1975.jpg

Edited by angryhampster, 23 October 2017 - 03:57 PM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Someone telling you something you don't want to hear doesn't [necessarily] make them an a-hole.

I happen to agree with him.

I have several servers at home as I work in I.T. 

I would have liked the chance to run a rental server for Oceanic region. I was hoping that RLD would release a server executable that would talk to their back-end and advertise itself in the server browser so I could just open some firewall ports and pay the compute costs myself. I'd be ok with a modest subscription fee just to register my private server with their system.

I was hoping that if they have the database still running for other purposes, and just didn't want the cost of under-utilized servers in their datacentres then I could transfer that cost to myself (mostly just power as I have the gear already).

Looks like its never going to happen.

• Amidatelion, Liederkranz and Charcoal like this

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

yep

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

No offence...but Amid is right.

I dreamed to have ability to build Hawken right, but all I have is just the appreciation for the ascetic style.

I donno how to write code, or build models, not mention I lack of basic training needed to paint mapping.

I donno relation between code and performance, therefore I dont know what is achievable. 

It requires too much, and the past developers have broken too much hearts, out of all those talented ppl out there, how many of them care to spend time on this? And how many of them have the love that we needed to do it right?

It's like the town is doomed, only a miracle or a hero can save it. Im just a townsfolk, all I think I can do is give hero a hand. I dont know if it's too late for me to train myself to be a hero, but I'm assuming it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I doubt they'd release it.

All I wish is whoever owns it release off-line garage, even with a 69.99 price. More realistic than having someone redo the game. But how many people is willing to pay this price? 70 bucks wont worth the effort.

Edited by claisolais, 24 October 2017 - 04:37 AM.

• Amidatelion likes this

Ic6j9zJ.png

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

amid is still a troll after all these years,  sometimes logical and right, but still a troll. but makes valid points in a carcicomic way.

dont recall any valid ones, but i think theyre valid, maybe.

505 dont care but i like to post anyways.\rekt/

Oh great Itzamna, 505 shall show us their trail of Dead Games

Edited by EM1O, 25 October 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

even in this situation... i can't write even a proper response to what i feel here...

check out this brawler hawken mech.

• DieselCat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users