• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Oraclethingy

Oraclethingy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Day/Night cycles

This has been mentioned by Sp3ctrr and others. Simply a Random global Day/Night cycle for each map, and if it's night mechs would have lights and stuff like that.

Rain/Snow

Pretty self explanatory, good for showing off PhysX

Fog/Low visibility

It would make it wayyyy harder for scouts and other A-class mechs to just run around without getting themselves into a bad position, which I think would make the game more balanced. But maybe that's just me.

Wind

The game already has somewhat destructible paraphernalia around the map, so wind effects are just one step away.

I don't know much code, but I don't think it would be that difficult to add these effects, and it adds a new spin on the game that will hold us over until the next major update!

• Nachoeslach, Isaac_Shepard, Elite_is_salty and 2 others like this

hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Maybe this go round. Hope so! :thumbsup:

Loglino

Loglino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Don't expect it to come right now. It may take time for them to calculate shadows and create the physics of effects such as wind.

Edit: That is, even all of that after they become familiar with the coding.

Edited by Loglino, 04 April 2015 - 05:46 PM.

Mind the fact that pizza is my avatar.
Pizza is cool and you know it.

<3 HAWKEN

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

if i recall correctly the last time people had weather like snow or rain it tanked everyone's fps and created massive lag, without the Phys X, as for the day night cycle that could be cool as long as it doesn't require lots of codding for lighting and shadows, maybe lower the brightness for the map?

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Weather effects shouldn't be COMPLICATED.

There should be clear whether, just like facility/frontline, and cloudy like wreckage, and dark like origin. All weathers should be in all maps, and they should be in such a way that they don't really disturb sight whatsoever.

If there will be a rain effect, it should be light rain and it adds little lakes :D

• Nachoeslach likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

There should be clear whether, just like facility/frontline, and cloudy like wreckage, and dark like origin. All weathers should be in all maps, and they should be in such a way that they don't really disturb sight whatsoever.

If there will be a rain effect, it should be light rain and it adds little lakes :D

Don't feel like reposting things already posted but look over here in this thread https://community.pl...night-fighting/

I outlined everything that would be needed to get night maps up and running. Weather is just as complicated, it has to be implimented and implimented well other wise it'll just break everyones game.

tTIViUr.png

Flight1ess

Flight1ess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

it would be awesome if the rain would trickle down the glass of the mech and every once in a while car-like windscreen wipers would wipe them off...

it would also be nice if you could tweak/turn this off in the settings if possible...

• Elite_is_salty likes this

Life is like a good book,

It makes more sense as you get into it ;D

tumblr_m91v02mYjw1qhnj8eo4_r2_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users