• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts
"We pay them a stipend based on performance" -Rion Lazlo, when he shares the idea of letting citizens free to fight (Hawken: Genesis)

The title is self-explaining I think, but here's some more info:
At the moment you get HC based on:
 - Match time (this gives the most)
 - Match completion (the name is funny, you only get HC if you complete the match, so it's a fix, guaranteed bonus)
 - Win
 + Daily win bonus

(Thanks to FakeName for some info)

It's cool that the bad players don't have to play more to get the same amount of HC, but it also means that if you want to get HC you can just AFK in a match, or do anything, that win and match place bonuses aren't big things. Make sure to leave your feelings, thoughts about it, open my eyes!

Edited by 00geri20, 05 April 2015 - 11:03 AM.

IareDave

IareDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

You must be a tech player. 

• CrimsonKaim and LaurenEmily like this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I edit this a bit for you:

You get HC based on:
 - Individual perfmormence (based on score and KDARthis gives the most) - edited
 - Match completion (the name is funny, you only get HC if you complete the match, so it's a fix, guaranteed bonus) - fine
 - Match place (not always)
 - Win (not always only if you participated at the whole match from second 0 to the very end of the match)
+ Daily win bonus

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Flight1ess

Flight1ess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

You get HC based on:
 - Match completion (the name is funny, you only get HC if you complete the match, so it's a fix, guaranteed bonus) - fine
 - Win (not always only if you participated at the whole match from second 0 to the very end of the match)
+ Daily win bonus

seems fair

Life is like a good book,

It makes more sense as you get into it ;D

tumblr_m91v02mYjw1qhnj8eo4_r2_500.gif

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I would only support performance-based rewards under the following conditions:

-Every player is rewarded some amount

-The difference in reward between the top-performance reward and the bottom-performance reward is no greater than a factor of 2 of the bottom-performance reward

-The performance-based reward is proportionally small compared to existing rewards

Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, 05 April 2015 - 09:58 AM.

Thank you for your time,

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

You must be a tech player. 

I rarely play tech, only if someone wants me to :(

You get HC based on:
+ Daily win bonus

Thanks for the info!

So the match time means individual performance? Didn't know that, I think the topic has no point, maybe only that info.

The match place was based on memory, there nothing like that, lol

Also, a lot of the times we get the same amount of HC at the end of the round, is the induvidual performance real? It says Match time, that's for sure.

Edited by 00geri20, 05 April 2015 - 10:57 AM.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Thanks for the info!

So the match time means individual performance? Didn't know that, I think the topic has no point, maybe only that info.

Isn't there a match place thing in DM?

You highly missunderstand me, I was just putting my opinion using your post. This just reflects the way I would suggest HC bonus to be implemented.

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

ohh, OK, I'm editing back!

Is it correct now?

Edited by 00geri20, 05 April 2015 - 10:31 AM.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

ohh, OK, I'm editing back!

Is it correct now?

To be honest, I don't know. These is just my opinion how it SHOULD be. That actually has nothing to do with your suggestion. It's like this:

You made yours, I made mine (using your post) :]

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

I'm talking about the original post, which is about how it is now in the game. So my question was, are the listed thing in the edited original posts are correct and complete? I didn't really say how it should be.

Edited by 00geri20, 05 April 2015 - 10:59 AM.

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Perhaps HC from K/DR should be a bonus instead of the base. I mean, let's be real here, not everyone is good nor can dedicate the time to be good nor have the proper equipment to be good (You try aiming when the game chugs at single digit framerates).

To me it just seems like it could make a major rift between the highly skilled players and the others. You good guys want to be rewarded for your skills, that's fine. I just don't think it will settle well for a lot of the not as good players.

Maybe earn HC from achievements as well?

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

So far I haven't seen afk players waiting for the grind (mostly because this is a team game and winning with 1 less player is very hard).

Even worse this could lead to sort of pubstomp grinding : I want a new Mech ? let's go stomping in a 1500MMR server.

And I think that playesr with lower score deserve HC to buy stuff/mech : you spent HC on a new mech that you have hard time to handle, you didn't have enough HC to equip it, screw you, you'll earn fewer HC !

Give whatever "achievement" or "title" to good player, but no HC boost (this game needs new players, not pubstomp feast)

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Trigary

Trigary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Well, that's true. I haven't seen AFK people either, it was just an example. I just don't like the fact, that you get the majority of HC based on match time.

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Well, that's true. I haven't seen AFK people either, it was just an example. I just don't like the fact, that you get the majority of HC based on match time.

A lot could be done about that (HC based on match time), I think that it's made to prevent players from quiting and it could be removed if you change the way you connect to servers and games are managed :

- a "vote to lock" option to avoid new players to connect when playing an enjoyable match (I hate when 1 new player enter a balanced 3vs3 or 4vs4 match)

- a delay to connect for quiters, quick enough to be not that mutch punishing if you have a fair reason to quit (change a baby diaper, connection loss, etc), but long enough to avoid ragequiters. I think that 5min could be a good delay

- a ranking/achievement system that could reward being good or fairplay (which could be handled more or less the same as badass ranks in borderlands 2, and could unlock cosmetics or titles that could be shown with player name)

- more than one TDM modes, free pubs with free entry and maybe "bots" to compensate uneven matches with low HC earning (same idea as botTDM but with players in two teams)

- a true "queuing" system that could allow you take ticket for regular TDM while playing "pub" game modes. those "pub" modes could have earning based on "match time", while other don't.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users