Photo

If we buy a mech during the trial, we should get to keep the stats we earned with it.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Like the title says, if we buy a mech duing a trial period, we should get to keep our progression we got during the trial.

this would include EXP gained, KDR, DR, and time played.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

If I'm not mistaken, this is the case.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

nope. I just bought the pred and was disappointed that I didnt keep ANYTHING I earned while playing this weekend. it would be really nice to at least keep the player stats from the mech, since we dont get the internals (which is fine, I can get those later.)

I probably earned enough exp to at least rank the mech up to rank 3, maybe even 4. and thats a lot for me in two days of being able to play for 3-4 hours.

xRequiem

xRequiem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

A percentage of the XP you earn on the rotation mechs is supposed to go into the free universal XP pool, if I recall correctly. 

It won't automatically go to your new pred but you should be able to manually add it with an XP transfer. And it should be in the free transfer pool, so it shouldn't cost you anything.  

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

A percentage of the XP you earn on the rotation mechs is supposed to go into the free universal XP pool, if I recall correctly. 

It won't automatically go to your new pred but you should be able to manually add it with an XP transfer. And it should be in the free transfer pool, so it shouldn't cost you anything.  

yes, I did know that, but I think that they should give players all the EXP they earned in that mech to them if they buy during the trial. you only get a very minimal amount of EXP in the reserves as you use it, and if (as example, THIS weekend's double EXP event.) there is a double EXP weekend, I basically wasted the whole thing running mostly in the pred to get a feeling for it, and now I dont get the reward I should have earned.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Well shoot, I guess I am mistaken then.  Yea, I would agree that what you get with a test drive should apply to it when/if you buy it.

I could have sworn that was the case in the past. :huh:

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol all my xp is already full and I don't have any mc to transfer XD lol

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Jakyll

Jakyll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I thought that's exactly the point with the test drive :rolleyes:

You're allowed to play different kinds of mechs for free, but you don't earn ANYTHING for this specific class!

You have been warned by several info boxes, and now that they proved true you want the devs to change the game? Kinda odd if you ask me..

• Jerv likes this

fernanda

fernanda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I agree on 100%. Yesterday I tested Predator & I received free universal XP which can be moved to the other mechs. After purchasing Predator he got 0 exp.

Scow2

Scow2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

You're allowed to play different kinds of mechs for free, but you don't earn ANYTHING for this specific class!

You have been warned by several info boxes, and now that they proved true you want the devs to change the game? Kinda odd if you ask me..

Just because it's the way it is doesn't mean it's the way it should be. 

The point of Test Drive could easily be to try mechs out on a limited-time basis, without any option to customize them - bye-bye mech!

Edited by Scow2, 07 April 2015 - 05:50 AM.

RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Well shoot, I guess I am mistaken then.  Yea, I would agree that what you get with a test drive should apply to it when/if you buy it.

It was like this a good while ago.  Although, I forget when they changed this.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

You can buy the package deal with MC for cheaper than normal, and maybe even HC but more HC than the mech costs (think it's just mc though)

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Yes, this is how the current system works, but its not the best way it should.

I think that getting the mech DURING the trial should give you what you've been working with.

it would make sense wouldn't it? you're using a mech all week, decide that you want to buy that mech, and now that you bought it, now you gotta do everything again.

Jakyll

Jakyll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I take it this way: now that you bought the desired mech, you're able show it the same love you did to the hired version everyone else uses. :wink:

I wouldn't mind if your K/D stats would be recorded; after all it's the same kind of machine when you purchased it.

But giving your the earned exp straight away would probably not only diminish the playtime you invest into Hawken (in order to get the mech to lv 6) but also give you less reason to buy MC for exp transfer.

MHO: for the future they hopefully get rid of the leveling system anyway, because it conveys the illusion of getting (automatically) stronger, which in my eyes is wrong. You only unlock alternate playstyles - not stronger weapons - that's all.

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

It was indeed - I think the old devs removed it at some point tho :,(

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users