• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Fumakilla69

Fumakilla69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi

I'v been playin Hawken a while now. So glad its not dead!

Ok, so here's the thing. Every time I play Hawken, I open winamp and play som good dubstep! Not Popstep like Skirlex or some other gay fuzzy bunny, becouse there is so many bad and dumb dubsteps around.

Robostep!

Like this:
https://soundcloud.c...downlink-ajapai

Or this

https://soundcloud.c...-d-jahsta-demon

I think this kind of music will be a perfect fit for a game where you use GIANT ROBOTS TO KILL GIANT ROBOS bwwaaaam xD

Actually im 30 years old xD

And another thing I'v been missing a lot in Hawken.... Laser weapons! 

Imagine a sniper laser that charges (a ball off energy forming on the tip of the weapon) Then WHAM it shoots a beam for 2sec that you can move! Yeah maybe it would be OP, but you could put restrictions on movement while it is chargeing!

Gatling laser like in Fallout?!

Oh and what we need in this game? REKOIL! I want a weapon that sends me flying back! and the sound of tearing asphalt :D

What do you think? :)

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Dubstep does not fit into the style and lore of Hawken imo.

And lasers? Nah, bullet gatlings ftw.

• Interrobang87 likes this

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

TIL there is a music subgenre called robostep.

The original concept of HAWKEN intentionally did not include energy- and melee weapons.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Fumakilla69

Fumakilla69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Well it fits so much i started playing it! :D Hawken has lore? Am I missing single player missions?

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Imagine a sniper laser that charges (a ball off energy forming on the tip of the weapon) Then WHAM it shoots a beam for 2sec that you can move! Yeah maybe it would be OP, but you could put restrictions on movement while it is chargeing!

I vote against lasers.  They don't fit the feel/world of Hawken IMO.  This isn't 'clean' high tech like what one would find in Mechwarrior, these are re-purposed heavy machinery mechs or mechs made from scrap parts with whatever improvised weapons than can be strapped to them.

Well it fits so much i started playing it! :D Hawken has lore? Am I missing single player missions?

Naa, you are not missing any because they don't exist. :smile:

Meteor/Adhesive never really got around to making use of the game lore actually in the game.  Most of it was either listed on the playhawken web site or in the comics that were sold a while ago.

Hopefully Reloaded is able to add it into the game itself in the near future.

Edited by bacon_avenger, 21 March 2015 - 04:02 AM.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Nope. The lore was released in the form of graphic novels (they also had plans for a live action series and at some point they even mentioned anime). Google HAWKEN Genesis! You can read the first books for free on ComiXology.

Edit: I dig the music you posted.

Edited by Houruck, 21 March 2015 - 04:02 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

predators gonna predate

Dmax

Dmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Wanna lasers and dubstep? Go play Saints Row. Srsly, it will be nice expierience for you.

DaPheel

DaPheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

TRY THIS CLASSY JAZ ROBOT WUB-STEP:

https://www.youtube....e&v=Z9so2mSpTRk

Edited by DaPheel, 21 March 2015 - 04:08 AM.

EXPLOSIONS?

Fumakilla69

Fumakilla69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Wanna lasers and dubstep? Go play Saints Row. Srsly, it will be nice expierience for you.

Haha, I saw they have some dubstep weapons, but the whole game looks like GTA for kids, and i dont even like GTA.

But thnx for sugg;)

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Haha, I saw they have some dubstep weapons, but the whole game looks like GTA for kids, and i dont even like GTA.

But thnx for sugg;)

https://youtu.be/hDlif8Km4S4

TRY THIS CLASSY JAZ ROBOT WUB-STEP:

https://www.youtube....e&v=Z9so2mSpTRk

I wanted to say this is something I can see Saturnine play while he streams but it really turned into dubstep from smooth jazz.

Edited by Houruck, 21 March 2015 - 04:13 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

predators gonna predate

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

First song is freaking good ;)

• Fumakilla69 likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Dmax

Dmax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

But thnx for sugg;)

Saints Row? For kids? Are you joking? 

Fumakilla69

Fumakilla69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Saints Row? For kids? Are you joking? 

well it looked kinda gooffy to me. Not my type of gameing:)

Fumakilla69

Fumakilla69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Well thats just gaystep/popstep. And what people think of when you say dubstep. It is an insult.

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Well thats just gaystep/popstep. And what people think of when you say dubstep. It is an insult.

Calling something gay is probably the weakest insult you can throw out. It tells more about you than the person/object it is used at.

Edited by Aregon, 21 March 2015 - 04:50 AM.

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Z1Alpha

Z1Alpha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

I vote against lasers.  They don't fit the feel/world of Hawken IMO.  This isn't 'clean' high tech like what one would find in Mechwarrior, these are re-purposed heavy machinery mechs or mechs made from scrap parts with whatever improvised weapons than can be strapped to them.

Naa, you are not missing any because they don't exist. :smile:

Meteor/Adhesive never really got around to making use of the game lore actually in the game.  Most of it was either listed on the playhawken web site or in the comics that were sold a while ago.

Hopefully Reloaded is able to add it into the game itself in the near future.

I don't think it goes against the world or "feel" of the game per say, look at fallout (The more recent ones). They have lasers, poopy ones at that but it fits in. I do think in general there shouldn't be many lasers, but look at the heat cannon for example its alone, and I feel just having some sort of laser weapon isn't terrible.

image.jpg

- How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your

condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Mad eyes suit so few. -

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

I don't think it goes against the world or "feel" of the game per say, look at fallout (The more recent ones). They have lasers, poopy ones at that but it fits in. I do think in general there shouldn't be many lasers, but look at the heat cannon for example its alone, and I feel just having some sort of laser weapon isn't terrible.

I think HEAT cannon is a real cannon. Like, ball of steel thingy.

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

I think HEAT cannon is a real cannon. Like, ball of steel thingy.

And you are right about that.

"The Heat Cannon fires a velocity explosive projectile that detonates on impact." (sic)

https://www.playhawk...ary/heat-cannon

Edited by Houruck, 21 March 2015 - 05:10 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

predators gonna predate

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
The SS sabot could replace the grey smoke trail with a bright red laser and a cool lazery noize. It would work fine. Best idea.....

Make it a purchasable weapon skin. Buy different colored or sounding lazers.

Win win for errabody

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

LOL, that music........ no.

As to lasers the Hawken universe is pretty much all about projectile weapons but I guess there are exceptions like the heat cannon.  Maybe lasers could work but it would have to be a unique mechanic.  Not sure how it would work, maybe a beam type weapon.  I think it would be pretty hard to not look like a MechWarrior rip off.

Weapon skins sounds like a terrible idea.  Completely changing how a looks and feels but keeping the mechanics the same would completely ruin the immersiveness of the game.

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

As to lasers the Hawken universe is pretty much all about projectile weapons but I guess there are exceptions like the heat cannon.  Maybe lasers could work but it would have to be a unique mechanic.  Not sure how it would work, maybe a beam type weapon.  I think it would be pretty hard to not look like a MechWarrior rip off.

Except that the HEAT cannon is a projectile weapon...

Edited by bacon_avenger, 21 March 2015 - 03:44 PM.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

HEAT: High explosive anti tank.

http://en.wikipedia....ti-tank_warhead

I guess tech beam is technically an energy weapon. It would be pretty cool to have a proper rail gun though.

Edited by Hyginos, 21 March 2015 - 03:49 PM.

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

SandSpider2

SandSpider2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Laser weapons have always been suggested for as long as I can remember. The old Dev's always said no because they didn't fit into this universe. Most players who know about the background of the game lore have always agreed with the old Dev's. I'm one of those players.

Laser weapons do not fit into this game.

The Helix Repair Torch is not a laser weapon, it fires a beem of nanobots that can either repair or deconstruct something. This weapon was originally used in construction work and has since been weaponised. 

• Interrobang87 likes this

SandSpiderBanner%207_zpsf0vtqnox.png

The Atlas Of Illal https://community.pl...atlas-of-illal/

Illal Maps and Information https://community.pl...nd-information/
An Interview With Laila https://community.pl...iew-with-laila/

The Quarantine of Illal https://community.pl...ntine-of-illal/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users