• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I think the title says it all. This will help alleviate a lot of the team coordination issue that seem to be rampant among games nowadays. It won't fix everything, but it will certainly go a long way to helping improve team play. That and so many times I've wanted to help tell a new player to turn around because of an enemy or just help them improve a bit in game, the type chat just isn't very good for doing that.

• HorseHeadProphet, KOS_Baconman, HoneyBoomBoom and 2 others like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

VOIP has been binned until they get a programming team together.

In the mean time, check out the Officially Unofficial Hawken TeamSpeak at

ts5.gameservers.com:9152

which is completely open to the public.

/shill

• Flight1ess likes this

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

What Amid said.

Also, long time no see Hobbes!

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Flight1ess

Flight1ess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I think the title says it all. This will help alleviate a lot of the team coordination issue that seem to be rampant among games nowadays. It won't fix everything, but it will certainly go a long way to helping improve team play. That and so many times I've wanted to help tell a new player to turn around because of an enemy or just help them improve a bit in game, the type chat just isn't very good for doing that.

is it really you?

big fan of your AMAZING channel btw ;D

you taught me how to infiltrator now i'm much better killing ppl  with mah EOC

Life is like a good book,

It makes more sense as you get into it ;D

tumblr_m91v02mYjw1qhnj8eo4_r2_500.gif

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

VOIP has been binned until they get a programming team together.

In the mean time, check out the Officially Unofficial Hawken TeamSpeak at

ts5.gameservers.com:9152

which is completely open to the public.

/shill

Page says the site is not availible.   Yes,  PLEASE,  Do make some progress on fixing the microphone use.  I DO see potential for annoying abuse on the microphone use, but as long as we can disable audio input from players we don't want to hear, that's fine.  

In the meanwhile,  one GREAT idea for better communication,  which was SO SIMPLE and easy to use,  is Unreal Tournament's command system to AI teammates.   hit TAB,  and it breaks down commands into trees,  so you can quickly give precise orders. 

Tree 1,    Team Member or General. 

Tree 2.   1,  Objective, 2, Launching, 3 Losing control of a zone 4, Specific objective point. 

Tree 3.1    (specific objective)

.2    calculated EU left or launch.

.3    status when friendy dies and looses a zone, how many enemy mechs there are.

.4    AA silo  -  almost dead enemy mech.   GET THERE and FINISH HIM OFF!   "enemy critical" 

-  " careful, mines"   if a player sees excessive enemy proximity mines.

-   " watch for snipers"  if a player sees the sniper bullet trail, AND the red HUD of a sniper mech, alert on map position.

EU generators   - E1 empty / half / full

E2  empty / half / full

Also,  PLEASE include the pilot's profile picture with the pre-set voice command so we can see who's giving the command. 

Anyways,  just an idea.  the system works amazing in Unreal Tournament,  and would give more precise communication options for non - micd players.   Also,  I tend to ignore "Help Wanted",  as I can't tell if the player is a skilled friendly worth saving,  or a Noob on a rooftop that got an owie.  

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Page says the site is not availible.   

You need TeamSpeak 3 to connect to the server.

eyolas

eyolas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

This. please fix the mic support.

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

You need TeamSpeak 3 to connect to the server.

Ok,  sorry,  I'm kinda new to this.  It says I need a server name or guild name - I don't want a guild,  just to be able to use it individually.  and it supports up to 25 people.   

So,  If I want TeamSpeak 3 action, I need to invent a clan or guild name,  and have my buddies join for free, to have audio options?  

If it was a 1 time fee, maybe.. but to pay $50 - 70 a year.... for a feature that might be reinstated on this game....  Does TeamSpeak apply to all games?  Is the interface intuitive, and easy to use?

I don't mind shelling out the coin,   just want to make sure it's a worthwhile product I want.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

[/size]

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

The Team Speak channel Amidatelion  showed you will support a huge amount of people. It cost you nothing to use it. We use it for Wednesday Wars and Friday night fights. In fact it is the only way to get into those matches. Just download the TS3 client, not the server. Yes the server does cost. Bandwidth cost TS. Physical servers cost TS. They have to charge or close the servers. Someone has to pay, lol. The in game client in almost every game is a fail. VOIP is a lot harder than most people realize to do inside a game. A lot of it due to bandwidth and additional servers and people to maintain them. I would love to see VOIP and hope we are able to have a working version in the game. Fingers crossed.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Oh and hello HOBBES!! Nice to see you back mate. :D

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

teeth_03

teeth_03

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Ok, sorry, I'm kinda new to this. It says I need a server name or guild name - I don't want a guild, just to be able to use it individually. and it supports up to 25 people.

So, If I want TeamSpeak 3 action, I need to invent a clan or guild name, and have my buddies join for free, to have audio options?

If it was a 1 time fee, maybe.. but to pay $50 - 70 a year.... for a feature that might be reinstated on this game.... Does TeamSpeak apply to all games? Is the interface intuitive, and easy to use?

I don't mind shelling out the coin, just want to make sure it's a worthwhile product I want.

The TS Client is free. You must be trying to invest in a server if you are seeing charges for something. You don't need a server, we already have one.

Brooklyn77

Brooklyn77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Forget anything on the list of things to fix, this shoould be PRIORITY 1

-Dat aimbot tho-

SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
I've read what you guys have said, and while a team speak is good and all, it doesn't mean that the game should continue on without verbal comms available. Most multiplayer games have some sort of in game voice comms and I see no reason for Hawken to be lacking this. And again, not everyone will go on a team speak server even if there is one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users