• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Z1Alpha

Z1Alpha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

So as the forums officially went up yesterday, I feel like I should mention this considering I think its a great idea! If any of you have played, say CSGO, CoD, or Halo, (I'm a console peasant FPS player myself if you can't tell) you would know they have a "ranked" playlist option. I've never played League of Legends, but I'm guessing it has something similar? Anyway, you go against people at hopefully the same skill level; the playlist has certain competitive rules, maps and game modes depending on "X" standards. I don't know how these should be decided, probably through cooperation with the highest active MMR players that communicate well through the forums and community developers. As for how you would get matched up with other players, I believe that's all mostly on the technical side and probably will not be considered by the player base. I also don't believe "ranks" are needed, I just wanted a place to put on my try-hard panties and a place to mess around in a turtling hellfire mech. (Public matches)

Obviously we NEED a player base for this to work out, and I feel that it will generate hype and hopefully work itself out over time. Moving onto what I believe would be the real issue here is, and that's the people who quit, or this playlist just doesn't kick off as planned because of people not playing for "X" reason. This to me isn't a big deal, but for the sake and incentive of others to keep playing I think a reward for winning would keep players coming back. (My reason for wanting this is just to get better at playing and so this is just a bonus to me, but some people need/want/would a comprehensive, tangible reason to play this game mode.)  More HC if you win? Generate "X" amount of hours (100 lets say) into this game mode and get a set camo? I'm not sure. I literally just came up with that one, but the point is people want to see a prize, a reward when they triumph over another competitive player. This could be through as I said, more HC for a win, a custom shop for people who generate special currency through this game mode (More of course for winning) with different customization options for your mech? I'm not sure, just spit balling ideas out cause well, I'm not sure myself on what to do about this. (I know lots of veteran players don't exactly need HC, but that's what forums are for right, giving suggestions!) :D

People like to see stats, so maybe have a separate stat page for this playlist. I'm sure many people here who are competitive would LOVE to see a monthly poll on who did the best in accuracy or K/D or W/L.

Again these are all just random idea's on what to do about a ranked playlist. I just know it could happen, and I believe others would want something "competitive" in this wonderful game. I just hear high MMR players talk about not finding matches due to no one playing for so long, (THAT'S ABOUT TO CHANGE THOUGH) and just being to high overall, that they're willing to create a new account and play with lower tier players.

TL;DR

Gimme something competitive, playing against casuals 23/6 isn't to fun.

• Exceller, Chaos_Head, Expiate and 1 other like this

image.jpg

- How fine you look when dressed in rage. Your enemies are fortunate your

condition is not permanent. You're lucky, too. Mad eyes suit so few. -

DaPheel

DaPheel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

DAPHEEL IS No.1 BESTEST IN ALL OF HAWKEN - IT IS KNOWN.

• AmpliFIRE likes this

EXPLOSIONS?

GMKGoat

GMKGoat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Exclusive customization options would be a pretty simple reward for being in the top 10/5/1% of ranked players. Cockpit decor, camo, etc

• Zilph likes this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

I would love to see any kind of comp support. Leader boards Pls

• Zilph likes this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Z1Alpha

Z1Alpha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

These again, where just random ideas I came up with at three in the morning. I don't need no reward, I just feel the competitive scene is lacking and all with out private servers. Even then I don't think we could organize large scale tournaments. I know some pro's already have but I'm thinking in bigger terms. ;)

image.jpg

Zilph

Zilph

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Don't we already have something like that? Squad matchmaking?

I've never played it, since it doesn't accommodate for Aus, but if it already exists then all we need is to slip in the stuff that would make it worthwhile. Maybe a rank stat, which displays your skill level to other players, compared to XP level which is 1-30. This is pretty much MMR, but MMR isn't displayed or somethign presentable, and I think it should be. What else could we play for in ranked? What else could encourage competitive people to want to play in a ranked section of the game instead of pubstomping?

Z1Alpha

Z1Alpha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

As I understand not many people did the squad matchmaking, and I also believe it was broken, or something along those lines. Don't quote me on that xD, as I don't actually know. Maybe 8's as some call them would work better? (4v4).

image.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranked, competitive, playlist, gamemode

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users